It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11: Why we actually need to forget

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
www.mirshalak.net...

During the 90 minute outage, while I was waiting for ATS to re-open, I wrote this. Someone else in another thread said that it was making him feel ill about the Australian MSM trying to extract the maximum amount of emotional manipulation possible from this event; so this post of mine, might well help to cure his nausea.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Not trying to be disrespectful or anything to the people who were lost in 9/11, but I am sick of hearing about it. Everyone has their own opinion and documentary about what "they" believe happened, or didn't happen. Enough is enough. People were lost and we will lose many, many more until humanity wakes the f up and changes.

Like NWA said...

911 is a joke

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Tired of hearing about it as well. May the victims rest in peace and one day justice be brought to all who were involved and let us look forward to brighter days. I need not see those images any longer, I wish war..no longer.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I was thinking about this, and I've decided that the only people I really mourn are those who tried to prevent this attack or who tried to blow the whistle on insider information and were killed by the covert government. Those people I could mourn for, but I don't, I instead think of them as martyrs, I wish I could only be as courageous as them. I could mourn for the fire fighters who are still dying and can't get medical compensation, but I feel more angry at that than mournful. I could mourn the victims and the passengers of the attack, but how can I mourn for them while the real terrorists give the ceremony. No thanks!

Otherwise I could mourn for us, the living, but I'm not one to be negative so I'd rather respect and learn from others rather than mourn for them.

edit on 11-9-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
We don't need to forget.

We need to quit plastering it everywhere in a pathetic and sick attempt to justify our actions (as a country) and to keep people in fear--and therefore supportive--by feeding on their emotions.
edit on 11-9-2011 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
i would have to agree..i have for years now thought the same thing.the day it happend was heartnreaking and mindblowing..people seem to forget that pearl harbor was bassically the same thing the goverment knew it was gonna happen and let it so we could enter the war its a fact look it up im new to ats so i dont know how to post the referances..i will morn the loss of the innocent people.and what about hunter s thompson who was one of the first to say the toweres were brought down by demolition,and then later died of a supossed suicide..noone likes to think they cant trust there goverment.but the facts still remain. when has the goverment done anything good for the people..im having a hard time thinking of a example of one..so think for yourself people do your own research and dont beleive everything you hear and beleive half of what you see.question authority if you dont then who will.....

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Like NWA said... 911 is a joke
reply to post by SmArTbEaTz

It was actually Public Enemy not NWA. Shortly after the release of that song Flava Flave was arrested after his girlfriend called 911 on him.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I don't think we should forget, to do so would be to forget all the first responders that didn't/did lose their lives, and of the loved ones who were lost. Having said that, Since 9/11, it seems the country has gone the PTSD, and never recovered. Since mostly no one went to seek help, (Read: On a mass scale people didn't go seek mental help) and have raised children with PTSD like symptoms, the children have been raised in a household of PTSD symptoms. The reason I say this is because since the attacks, our country has severely split amongst itself. Political beliefs are now angered beliefs, children are mobbing older people for no reason, violence has been growing among our youth, parents seem to be either disturbed or uninvolved. Understanding the economic crisis that has been going on, I realize parents sometimes have to work more than two jobs to make ends meet. But overall, Democrats, Republicans, Tea Party members, the Black Caucus and your everyday Joe are always arguing. You hardly hear about people doing good deeds for each other or neighbors looking out for one another. And every year we rip off the band aid and memorialize those lost, and for one day or one morning we all tell each other to never forget.
The selfless acts of those 343 first responders running in buildings to save lives should in my opinion be what we never forget. How the next couple days after 9/11 we were all more open to help our fellow man/woman.
I think right around the time the DHS was formed was right around the time this wound started festering.
Since 9/11 we have had major corruption scandals on Wall Street and in the private business sector, perceived corruption at the highest levels of our government ( I have no actual proof of government corruption, just ideas) a housing crisis, a couple economic crisis', two wars and more conflicts, bailouts for too big to fail companies that turned out to be other countries (whoops! There's a bit of corruption at the Federal Reserve) and a congress and Presidential staff on both sides of the aisle that continue to push us apart from one another. (See something, say something)
So I guess after all this, how do we end it? By forgetting the good deeds that should have set the tone for all of us to follow? Or do we continue to bicker amongst each other and tear the country farther apart?
None of the past major events split up this country, this too shall pass. I just hope I live to see it pass. Sorry for the long post, I just think we have all come a long way through turd alley, and would love to see a country that we can all be proud of.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

I could mourn the victims and the passengers of the attack, but how can I mourn for them while the real terrorists give the ceremony. No thanks!

You really can't mourn the loss of so many innocent people because the govt. is putting on a ceremony?

In response to the OP; I don't think we should forget but I do think that we need to stop having 9/11 jammed down our throats at every turn. It's like the holocaust or Hitler. Get's mentioned too often and seems to be the excuse for every freedom or right infringed upon.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
What I get out of this whole 9/11 experience is this. It was wide spread knowledge that the twin towers were attacked in the US. Many other nations outside of the US were affected. The UK, Afghanistan, Austrialia, Israel, Iraq, Pakistan, and even South America(:puz
were in the blast radius of this attack also. Look how far 9/11 has been taken, we have a war on TERRORISM. Our enemies are faceless; unless you count the sterotypical terrorist. The one with turbine, sandals and socks, long dress with vest over it, brown skin, o yea of course the long beard

wait did a pictue of bin laden just enter your mind?

A war on terrorism is what the TPTB want us to blindly follow. And a war on terrorism IS exaclty what it says. This war is all about terrorism, # isnt every war a freaking terror?? Should we not fear war? Well there's that little thing we call word play that TPTB like to play. This war is all about fear and the fear a single event can generate 10 YEARS after.

How do we defeat fear? Is it more fear, more bloodsheed, more confusion? This a major factor in our evolution. When we defeat fear, we will see changes, we do evolve. This system is driven by fear, if we do not fear it there is nothing driving it and we move on.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
We can NOT forget that there people out there who HATE us.

Forgetting and looking elsewhere is a treat Americans are big about...lol... while in other countries there are radicals and twisted sick #s wanting to blow everything to pieces. Get real.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This year, I did not subject myself to ANY 9-11 'remembrance'ing (emotional manipulation) NONE. Because I can SEE clearly that it's propaganda psyops mind control. Today while that stuff was on other channels on TV, I found that Biography channel was doing Star Trek tribute things, and I very happily glued myself in front of it with some chocolate mint icecream, smiling and happy, no more trauma and tears. NO MORE. Done.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by stonergeek

Sorry. TY for the correction... NWA said f the police... My bad...

They both had a good message IMHO

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by filosophia

I could mourn the victims and the passengers of the attack, but how can I mourn for them while the real terrorists give the ceremony. No thanks!

You really can't mourn the loss of so many innocent people because the govt. is putting on a ceremony?

Whoa, who said anything about government putting on a ceremony? I think you're putting words in my mouth.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Forgetting and looking elsewhere is a treat Americans are big about...lol... while in other countries there are radicals and twisted sick #s wanting to blow everything to pieces. Get real.

I was going to address this, but its not even worth it. So you really believe there is a real terror threat? So, what happened to it the last 10 years? And dont tell me the capital agencies do their job so well nothing has happened. If there was a real terror threat, youd be poo scared with brown pants, not shaking your fist at some imaginary enemy. People hates you because you go into their countries, try to rule their business, and if they dont comply, label them as terrorists, it kinda gives the people that hates US a point, doesnt it?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

9/11: Why we actually need to forget

That's about the lamest thing I've read in a while.
Sure, many are tired of hearing about it. I am as well to a certain extent but...

Now pay attention. It's irrelevant which version of events one chooses to believe. There is a lesson to be learned for all. Only a fool would not take notice.

A.) If it was truly a terrorist attack then it should be remembered in order to prevent such attacks ever taking place again. Learn from the causes which created the environment in which people would carry out such attacks in the first place. .

B.) If it was as many believe the result of a Government "Inside Job" then for damn sure they better wake the hell up and take notice. Start calling all similar types of activities into question and confront those who were the perpetrators.

History repeats itself.

Only a fool wouldn't want to take head and learn from it by avoiding [or forgetting] it's valuable and irreplaceable lessons by ignorantly repeating the same mistakes that history has taught us and not avoiding the same pitfalls made by previous generations.

Seriously people.

Think about what some are buying into...
Caveat Emptor
edit on 12-9-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yeah but the problem is we don't learn from our mistakes. The government has been doing this for thousands of years. As we all know history repeats itself along with our ignorance. The difference is now is the time of awakening and we no longer are fooled by the fools.

IYO what is the lesson that can be learned from this?

The reports are less than accurate and had several things left out including witness statements. The majority of the people do not trust the government today, but who exactly is the government? Law enforcement officers? Congress? Politicians? Armed forces? CIA/DEA/IRS/NSA and several other acronyms...

For me it's Washington in general.

What IS this lesson we can learn from? We have destroyed the western world and blow it to Hellic and back. We conquer and kill. The average person can do little to avoid this because we are not the ones making the decisions, and it doesn't matter who you vote for because as we know they play both sides so they always win.

Lesson.... we are screwed and maybe if an alien invasion happened it would be for the right reasons because we are destructive by nature. Aliens may be the only hope for this planet to survive, with or without humans.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

I hear they won't hate you as much if you stop blowing their countries to pieces.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
What with this concentrated effort against the truth movement? In the last 2 weeks there have been numerous threads like..... "Penn and teller says 911 not inside job" I was a truther now I am not" I used to think it was an inside job but I was off my meds".

Wow.... 911 is alive and well and still happening today..... Longest terrorist attack ever.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I recently started a thread in which I said I thought that Webster Tarpley was turning into Noam Chomsky. Chomsky doesn't think that 9/11 is very important, except as an index of displeasure with US foreign policy among people in the Middle East, a sort of "chickens coming home to roost" situation.

I won't reiterate why I think Tarpley is turning into Chomsky here, but I do think Tarpley's change of attitude toward the truth movement and indeed Chomsky's attitude to 9/11 are perhaps of a piece, in the sense that these attitudes are reflective of a trait of the American character which comes into play in regard to 9/11.

Americans have a very high opinion of themselves. Looking too closely at 9/11 is a distinct threat to American self esteem. They don't want to hear about it. What they do want to hear is an obnoxious blowhard like Penn Gillette telling them that the notion that 9/11 was an inside job is a rediculous absurdity. That sort of thing fortifies the self esteem of people who have a high opinion of themselves and can't conceive of themselves as having been duped in any way by people they are educated, trained and conditioned to trust.

Most of these people want this 9/11 unpleasantness to go away. They want a scab to form over the wound. They are not interested in resetting the bone. They will live with their security state deformity and hobble around in circles into the foreseeable future. This is the way America will be now.

They will forget about 9/11, but not for the reasons the OP suggests. That is the American way.

I personally believe that it is a mistake to proceed in this fashion. I think that eventually a price will be paid for not dealing with the situation, but make no mistake about it, America will carry on pretending that everything is fine and follow her chosen path to some unknown destiny.

Years ago a famous Mexican writer, Carlos Fuentes, said that it would be the fate of Americans to turn into Mexicans. It is happening, not because of hispanic immigration, but because America's leaders would like Americans to become Mexicans. By their actions they are conditioning Americans to be Mexicans.

It's happening before your very eyes.

Edit to add: Using stage illusionists to put the "official version" of 9/11 forward to the American people is a brilliant piece of wit.
edit on 27-9-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join