It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To people who do OBEs - where did I go?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I ask 'where did I go?' to those of you who have OBEs.
Many months ago I read the Robert A Monroe trilogy and followed that with Matrix V, so I am reasonably informed what is an OBE.

I have read a handbook on lucid dreaming, but I have never made any efforts to achieve either OBEs or lucid dreams, but often deliberately redirect the events in my dream - so that may be spontaneous lucid dreaming.

My dreams are unremarkably mundane, and I prefer it that way - I am not an 'adventurous' person.

Recently I had a dream interrupted.
I was moved to a place of totally black limitless emptiness and saw a spark which I knew to be me, which does seem strange since I was seemingly looking at it.
At the same time I experienced a profound emotional mixture of calm, delight and surprise, which spread through me rapidly from the head downwards.
The experience was over in an instant, or so it seemed, and my dream resumed where it had 'left off', although I do recall being left wondering 'what was that about?' - a question that persisted after I woke.

If I have been given a glimpse of where I am headed to, that would be lovely, but I wont let my ego think that the place is anywhere special, just that it felt good being there momentarily.
If you OBE people have been to that place, please supply me your opinion on what or where it was or is.

edit on 11-9-2011 by margaretr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by margaretr

Personally I think that oobe and lucid dreams is the same state. My lucid dreams induced by WILD happens exactly like a typical oobe. I think the only difference is what the person believes.. I myself think they are nothing but conscious dreams.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by margaretr

The short answer is, No one knows where you went.

Schools of thought are typically from the perspective of either psychology or metaphysics.

I have had lucid dreams and visions and out of body experiences-- and the line between each of those three labels are usually (but not always) blurry for me.

Metaphysically, whatever portion of who we are which seems to (perhaps does) separate from the body perceives the things, places and actions without physical senses-- no ears, no eyes, yet seeing and hearing.

Psychologically, some say that the experiences are a testament to the incredible abilities of the sub-conscious; while others are prone to admit a spiritual Reality. There is no reason that both of those concepts cannot be true at the same time.

Of course, interpretation is the "thing."

Unlike typical dreams, these experiences are very often described, as you did, with having an accompanying sense that they have very specific meaning which needs to be grasped; but, often, that apprehension eludes us.

I take a rational approach which has worked for me:

Whatever source (be it my own subconscious, or some mystical/spiritual entity) which produces or draws us into the experiences-- will eventually show me more, or inspire to understanding in time. That is to say, there appears to be something going to great effort to allow me to see something important or even necessary, and whatever the source (or Source), will not simply give up if I do not immediately understand.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

Thank you for your insight - I maybe am attempting to get an explanation now, when all I need is the patience to wait for a further experience which will explain it when I am ready to understand it.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I have travelled aka OBE...it was breathtaking...I don't want to get into too much detail about where I went because it is too long...but I began asking many questions and whomever was my "Guide" was upset because I was asking too many questions...like a kid in a candy store..."He" pushed me back (felt the shove) and as I squeezed back into my shell (body) He gave me a message..."The great sun will bring us hope".

We all have Guides/Teachers...when they have a message or need to give advice they lead us to other dimensions....a lucid dream to me is knowing you're dreaming and controlling the dream...but in that state you can have an OBE and learn, gain information from your Guides/Teachers....all you need to do in a lucid dream is call for your Guide and they will take control...Hope that helps...and if you get information..don't be afraid to share as I just did..."The great sun will bring us hope"...still trying to get the second part of this message which came to me 2 years ago.

Safe travels!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Maybe turiya?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Student X

I have not explored yoga philosophy - maybe I now will, because your mention of the word Turiya has led me to its alternative name Nirvikalpa, and even with just brief exploration I have made so far, I think it may well explain the experience I had - thank you.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Of course it was your experience, so I cannot tell you where you were. But what I can say is, I think you can go too far as I posted here some time ago. When I get out, I am way too excited at times and that time I got angry at whomever my guides were and demanded I would control my own destiny. What I found was, I was still dealing with the restrictions of wisdom and knowledge we possess while in these bodies.

The time I found myself in blackness, was due to trying to confront an entity through projection that had messed with my grand son. This was a violent taking out of my body and ultimately I had to manifest light and vision, not a good outing that time, but blackness just the same.

Lately in the last six weeks, I have been to higher levels, beyond the astral. I confess, this is not of my doing, but of higher beings. It is amazing what I saw and was told, but mostly personal.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sailormon

Your 'blackness' doesn't sound like the same as mine.
I wasn't trying to go anywhere or do anything, and the experience was profoundly pleasant.

I was hoping that someone would say 'that is the '5th dimension' ' and that it is where I will be going on death (having had a reassuring brief glimpse)
My unadventurous nature is maybe seeking to avoid 'the 4th' where there are still some 'undesirables' about.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by margaretr
I ask 'where did I go?' to those of you who have OBEs.
Many months ago I read the Robert A Monroe trilogy and followed that with Matrix V, so I am reasonably informed what is an OBE.

I have read a handbook on lucid dreaming, but I have never made any efforts to achieve either OBEs or lucid dreams, but often deliberately redirect the events in my dream - so that may be spontaneous lucid dreaming.

My dreams are unremarkably mundane, and I prefer it that way - I am not an 'adventurous' person.

Recently I had a dream interrupted.
I was moved to a place of totally black limitless emptiness and saw a spark which I knew to be me, which does seem strange since I was seemingly looking at it.
At the same time I experienced a profound emotional mixture of calm, delight and surprise, which spread through me rapidly from the head downwards.
The experience was over in an instant, or so it seemed, and my dream resumed where it had 'left off', although I do recall being left wondering 'what was that about?' - a question that persisted after I woke.

If I have been given a glimpse of where I am headed to, that would be lovely, but I wont let my ego think that the place is anywhere special, just that it felt good being there momentarily.
If you OBE people have been to that place, please supply me your opinion on what or where it was or is.

edit on 11-9-2011 by margaretr because: (no reason given)

Oh my god, I know what happened to you. You were anal probed by Aliens !!! Great big slinky green ones while tip toe through the tulips played on their galactic cruiser. !

No but seriously, In my honest opinion this was not an OBE, sounds more like a dream.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
True, certainly sounds more like lucidity than a full on OBE. But that's my opinion based on experiencing lucidity, and reading threads on OBE's - not had a proper (as written) OBE myself. Sounds like you found the 'lucid construct'. A bit like that white place in the Matrix. First time I achieved lucidity, it was a big, black, empty (but seemingly safe) place I witnessed. It sounds like perhaps you weren't able to control your lucidity, hence it lasting what seems like seconds. And I'd assume that's perfectly natural. First time I was ever lucid, it lasted what seemed 10 seconds and no more, before being thrown back (in my case, awake, in yours, back to your dream). Sounds like you made a good first step though, appreciating what was going on, what you were seeing/feeling. I rushed into it and tried to make things happen whilst I was lucid, which resulted in it ending all too soon.

top topics

join