It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can see a scenario taking place which is fulfulling biblical prophecy.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MitchL61

Are you prepared to die for what you believe ?

Anyday, everyday, allday. I believe you have something here. I do know that if I live long enough ? I may have to die for what I believe. YES.

FnS
edit on 12-9-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I will never understand how our diversity divides us so, whether religious or otherwise! Or maybe it's not just our diversity but our ignorance or a fear of the unknown. I hope someday we will unite no matter what our differences!
We will learn to respect one another as well as learn from each other. We have come so far technologically but when we look at our progress socially we are still comparatively like neanderthals fighting over medial insignificant material aspects and ideals that we well know is every individuals right to believe what they will.
Maybe someday we will mature enough to bring the hand of friendship to every man, woman and child but will this happen before our hate, ignorance and fear destroys all that we have built? Every man is capable of getting along with each other and the key is to humble ourselves before each other! The Narcissist have no place in a peaceful future!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Are you prepared to die for what you believe ?

Anyday, everyday, allday. I believe you have something here. I do know that if I live long enough ? I may have to die for what I believe. YES.

FnS

Your words came up in another thread. About getting kicked off your own property and someone said in a post I will do what I have to to protect my land so I put it like this...I know this isnt biblical martyrdom here in this quote but what I an talking about here is there are talkers and there are doers and actions speak louder than words,,,enjoy my meaning here :::::

actions speak louder than words...once was a guy that saw an add by a Lawyer. "you dont have to pay your taxes and I will show you how it works and represent you when the time comes" so to make long story short this guy was in the house when 40 federal marshals show up with 1 tax collector. Tax guy knocked on the door. Guy says "its my property and I will protect it." Sound of a shotgun chambering a round from inside the house. Tax guy walks back out to the marshals. The sound of 40 shotguns chambering rounds. Guy in house says I give up. Actions speak louder than words

[

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Hey, that is some encouraging stuff...and I could totally relate back at ya.

When I moved toward the Word with some openness, I was amazed when I learned in convincing ways what the Holy Spirit is. Real, present, and truly our Helper. And Powerful, did I mention Powerful!

I couldn't quite understand how folk could get to that point where they felt they had a personal relationship with Jesus. I felt that those that did meant it kind of metaphorically.

And then that sweet, sweet love FLOORED me and the supernatural became more real than this passing world.

It's all about Love. Check out who showed up at the New Age bookstore when these guys decided to visit--a woman manifests something snake-like.

Skip to about 7 mins in and watch another even more powerful encounter in the New Age bookstore with a young man named Sammy. You, yeah YOU! The one reading this that longs to meet your Knight in Shining Armor. He might even come to you on a white horse...and propose! I hope so.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mikeybiznaz

See mikey the thing is with the meaning in your quote ? It is so redundant. I 've had that drilled into my head by my Mother my whole childhood. Your telling that to someone who lives by it. I won't be chambering any round in a shotgun either, because I won't get that chance most likely. No, I've been at piece with the persecution that may come for quite a while now. After what Christ went thru for me ? I'm sure I'll survive death. You have no idea really. I do understand your doubt.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

See mikey the thing is with the meaning in your quote ? It is so redundant. I 've had that drilled into my head by my Mother my whole childhood. Your telling that to someone who lives by it. I won't be chambering any round in a shotgun either, because I won't get that chance most likely. No, I've been at piece with the persecution that may come for quite a while now. After what Christ went thru for me ? I'm sure I'll survive death. You have no idea really. I do understand your doubt.

People have been Dying for Jesus a long time,You cause, though, is with a kind of Vanity I have to deny.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Vanity ? If I seem prideful at the possibility you can trust that observation.
So everything is just as it should be and the wheel rolls on.

I love Jesus Christ and only a God could do what he did.

I will never deny him.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

I too have personally verified that God is indeed real. After many years of self debate and study I have learned much. Indeed, I learned so well that I have already told God I am willing to die for him. Then one evening nearing sleep I heard a voice that seemed to speak loud, but was not like anything I had experienced before. the voice asked a question. "You are willing to die for me---but are you willing to live for me" I was stunned and shortly after that I was doing some study to determine if Meshek and Tubal were Russia, the King of the North. Truly it is not.
Mentioned in Ezekiel 38 Meshek aka meshech , and Tubal is Northern Turkey. That would have been the correct region during the time of Ezekiel. but a while back Turkey was a friend of Israel. Until Israel attacked a ship breaking the blockade and some Turks were killed. Now Turkey is sending warships to face off Israel on two fronts, Israel between Cyprus and its borders has the largest Natural gas discovery of modern times. That is noticed by all and desired by many
turkey is now threatening Israel with war, and Northern Turkey is Meshek and tubal, led by Gog of Magog.
We got trouble and your post is right on. Truth is this is real, God is real, and it is happening right before our very eyes right now. Keep in mind that a strong delusion is being sent. As such many will never understand what is about to take place even when they stare it in the face they will deny it. It Is Time

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
From my own understandings in life. As human beings we have actually have Three brains. Yes you heard right we all have 3 types of brains. And that is why seemingly intelligent peoples from all religions or no religions can be in the next moment a cold hearted killer and then the next have deep remorse and empathy and love for one another. Hence any person can revert back to their Reptilian brain and not let their neo-cortex brain understand the situation and be led through emotions in the Mammalian brain, to be a cold hearted killer.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidsHope

Star for you Davidshope. Excellent comment. I couldn't agree with you more. Any ideas about the latter-days prophecy concerning the prophets who will be slain in the streets of Israel, and will rise 3 days later? This is one I have speculated on recently. Curious if you have any thoughts on who these prophets may be?
edit on 06/03/2011 by MitchL61 because: mistated poster's name

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MitchL61
We all know that many of the wars in the past have been fought over religion, and religion plays a key role in the the unrest that exist in the Middle East, as well as other regions of the globe. This website is no different. The polarization of believers and non-believers on this site is intense. Sometimes I feel some genuine hatred in the comments from both sides.

I can see a scenario that is starting to play out, where there will come a time when one will have to decide which side of the fence he/she is on. Suppose for a moment, that many of the rumors about UFOs and aliens are actually being generated by TPTB to intentionally polarize us. An announcement from the government, or disclosure if you will, some would say, is the absolute truth that aliens exist, but others would still contend that it is a ploy to mislead religious believers. An announcement like that would certainly inflame the non-believers into thinking that anyone who still had faith in religion could only be a fool.

There is a book called "The Lucifer Effect" by Dr. Phil Zimbardo, about an experiment conducted at Standford University. In the experiment, some students were assigned to the role of a prisoner, and some to the role of a guard. During the experiment it was found that those playing the roles of guards started to feel superior over those playing prisoners, and started looking upon them as sub-human. They began by humiliating them, and eventually physically abusing them, to the point that the experiment had to be terminated early. Other studies that were mentioned in the book also came to the same conclusions. The conclusion was, that almost everyone, even those who were thought of as kind and gentle, could, under the right conditions, become monsters and do horrific things due to peer pressures.

Based on information in the book, as well as my own observations of people, I can easily see this scenario leading up to a final World War III. Where non-believers look upon believers as sub-human and unworthy to live, and therefore should be exterminated. When this begins to happen, the non-believers will unwittingly be fulfilling biblical prophecy.

So, I would say to all the non-believers, don't allow yourselves to be brainwashed by TPTB into believing that those who believe differently than yourself, somehow deserves to die, and to the believers, to ask yourselves, are you prepared to die for what you believe?

Hey Rocket Man....we all die. As far as an experiment that dehumanises people....yes...it's called RELIGION! This planet has had extiction level events many times in the past. Humans and our ancestors have only been around several Million years. This is a drop in the bucket as far as time is concerned.

If there is some type of Higher Intelligence....it won't be anything that the religious have made up. I would....if this is correct....be there to see this collective type entity....kick the ASS of the Faithful....as they are only in it for themselves. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Mostly the identity of these prophets would be conjecture. Many have speculated. A few (one in particular) has claimed he is actually one of them. Do a search for "Gods Final Witness"; I choose not to put his name here. As in Matt. 24 watch out for the false prophets. I know some real ones and I can tell the diff.
I am not convinced the identity of the witnesses is important. What is important is what they come for and what they do and what happens. They prophecy of the coming of Christ, they warn of the wrath of God, and they punish with their miracles those who hate them and God. What is important is that the world sees them. World wide meaning over satellite TV. Their prophecy will be carried live in the news media. Their ability to strike the world with plague etc will be carried worldwide to the point that the entire world knows that 1. God is doing it. 2. They are conveying it, and 3. No man can stand against it. But what is significant is that the world knows God is real, and he is doing this, and the world even knows why God is doing it through the judgments of these 2 witnesses The world knowing the truth rejoices at their deaths and the world both curses God and would not repent.
Point meaning. the world knows the truth of God and these prophets. and the world still chooses to remain wicked and lost. That part I don't get. I have always had difficulty understanding how any Human can acknowledge a Holy God who sends wrath, and still not repent. I just don't get that part of it. but then a strong delusion will be sent which accounts for it. I see a lot of that Delusion today right now as I study these things. I see a lot of it here on ATS even though God has revealed himself through his creation. God said every man knows he is real. That's hard to deny. God cannot be wrong.
I think sometimes we get hung up on things like say who these two witnesses are, and fail to see why they had to come in the first place; I myself spent much time trying to determine who they were just like who the AntiChrist is.. believe me when these entities show up. We will know exactly who they are.
. I do believe we have real trouble. Watch Turkey, Tubal may just be making its move
If Israel burns weapons after this war for 7 years and buries bones for 7 more months then that war must come before that final 7 years. or at least the start of that war. It looks like it is about to happen . I hope I am wrong as I have much left to do in Gods work
God Bless
DH

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Ya....your really doing GODS work. HA! A bit full of ourselves are we not? Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

You seem very learned as far as scriptures are concerned. I'm curious if you are familiar with a scripture in Malachi chapter 4, verses 5-6

5 ¶Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord: 6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

Do you believe Elijah has returned? And, if so, when and where?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I am not that learned in scripture: but I depend on Gods Holy Spirit for guidance. He does not fail me. He will not fail you nor anyone that asks something of him.
anyway I am familiar with that verse. The two witnesses do not appear until after the seals If my memory serves me right. I don't think they even need to be present right now. However if I were to speculate on who the two were my first pic would be Elijah, and the other Enoch. Elijah because of the scripture you just quoted and Enoch because he is the only other man recorded that was taken to Heaven without dying.
that means of course that they remain in heaven for now. they would appear probably just prior to their testimony on earth. But they will appear in the flesh because they indeed are killed. God raises them of course.
I am having a problem with my keyboard not making capitols at times so bear with me.
Some speculate Moses may be involved as the other witness. But once again the scripture you mention is the only reference that even comes close to an identity of one of them. We shall see. It is going to happen, and it would help a great deal if we can identify things prior to their actual event.
These two witnesses are most certainly supernatural. Able to inflict injury and plagues. Even able to kill those who get to close and are a threat to them. they will be greatly feared, so why no one listens to their message is beyond me. so Yes Elijah would be my number one candidate for the first witness.
But once again the people of earth will not care about who they are nearly as much as who sent them, why he sent them, and what they do at his command. I stopped trying to figure out who the Anti Christ was a while back because his identity will be revealed along with these witnesses when the time comes. And believe me we will know without a doubt. Fact is, things are very close. there will be a war soon and we need to prepare spiritually. Consider the parable of the 10 maidens and the lamp oil. 5 prepared and 5 not prepared. the 5 that ran out of oil wanted the others to give their oil to them; one of the truths to that parable is the fact that those who were prepared "refused" to share when the chips were down. it is simply something we will probably have to do. Hard? yes, but how can we share our spirit in the end with someone that has been sent a strong delusion? You are probably correct about Elijah; You indeed are on the right track.
God bless
DH
DH

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Wow, some people on here claiming the "verified" that god exists.
Utter nonsense, how can you verify his presence without seeing him/her/it? Witnessing a near death experience or having one? I saw my nan in the hospital when she was on her last legs, 3hours after i left she sadly passed away, I didn;t witness a presence.

And I saw a quote from the fairy tale book, erm sorry the bible where god will smite the world for a good cause. Excuse me? He's gonna take innocent lives for a good cause? Look, I don;t hate religious people, I respect them for what they believe in, but people saying they "verified" gods existance is utter rubbish. Evolution has been proven, the big bang theory...they're working on it (making new discoveries every day). Religion starts ALL wars, with the expection of a few.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Christians are so paranoid. Not everyone is out to get you! Not to mention your religion so closely resembles jewdism that it might as well have been invented by them! (Jews are gods 'chosen' people?!).

Christianity hasent even been around that long.
There is plenty of evidence of UFO's before TPTB came along.

Aliens and UFOs in ancient paintings
These paintings include christian paintings..

2nd grab off google

We dislike you because your incredible long winded, self centered, paranoid, press your religion on others, and just wont stop quoting the bible!

I have a couple close friends who are religious. I feel the same way about them.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DerVerboten

Not to mention, christianity has started so many wars, the "Holy Crusade" as an example.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Your anology to ''The Lucifer Effect'' and of being a believer or non-believer is utter bollocks!

I am actually in the position of being 'over' prisoners and I have never ever treated them as second class citizens and I am an Athiest.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
We are talking about two different things here. One is religion the other is spirituality. Christianity, islam judiasm and yes this includes most of the new age belief systems as well are religions. Most religions are just believe systems. How can we believe in a book that was put together by a roman emperor mixing early gnostic christianity with pagan worshipping beliefs 340 years after christ to be absolutely the truth. While i do believe in a god and jesus i do not believe in everything that is in the bible. i also believe in reincarnation, learning through many lives and accendancy through the dementions. This to me seems what the gaining of spirituality is all about. Some of the stuff that the gut talked about love and humbleness is spirituality.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join