It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

24 male 'slaves' rescued by police in dawn raid on Bedfordshire caravan site

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

From the documentaries I have seen, gypsies very culture revolves around parasitic mentalities, and making money outside of the law. Seriously besides shady construction businesses I do not think I have ever come across a gypsy business that was not illegal.
edit on 11-9-2011 by Desolate Cancer because: to add in where my source of information comes from

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

This story just blows my mind. Men? Grown men? I simply do not know what to say. So they were not kidnapped, they were recruited. And how much work is there to do in a caravan (RV here in the states)? Were the men shackled? How does this happen?

First they were slaves to alcohol, then slaves to people.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoubtingThomas1
reply to post by EvanB

Do yourself a favour & unhinge yourself from the Daily Mail.

Because if we wanted to read the Daily Mail ... we'd visit their website instead of ATS ??

I can't see the virtue in contributing to an alternative website through the medium of the parrot fashion repetition of what the MSM tells you to think.

Though I agree with your premise, I try and verify with other sources too before I post.

I would however ask you to keep on topic if you choose to contribute and stop derailing.

The fact that 24 people were kept as slaves is more important than your view of the news source.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy
reply to post by EvanB

This story just blows my mind. Men? Grown men? I simply do not know what to say. So they were not kidnapped, they were recruited. And how much work is there to do in a caravan (RV here in the states)? Were the men shackled? How does this happen?

First they were slaves to alcohol, then slaves to people.

They targeted people who they thought would not be missed.

Calculated and evil beyond belief.

I have no doubt that with our cushy penal system, these disgusting animals will only do the bare minimum in prison.

They should be keep locked in general population, im sure the other inmates will give them real justice.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

clicked star, good find mate totally shocking,

This will also remove sympathy from the other travellers site about to be cleared (Dale farm I think).

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ukdweller
reply to post by EvanB

clicked star, good find mate totally shocking,

This will also remove sympathy from the other travellers site about to be cleared (Dale farm I think).

I dont think you can compare the two however I would not be surprised to find more of this in traveller comunities around the country however a lot of gypsies I have met have been edgy but decent and a good laugh. Im sure they are as disgusted by this as we are.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I an hoping and praying that the men that were rescued....will receive healthy help in every way possible. I hope that they receive a valid new start in life...(and if their families were not part of the problem)...I hope that they are reunited with their family members who have missed them and wondered what happened to them.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

When people prey on the vulnerable, is there anything that quite describes how low a lovel of humanity they have stooped to?

I believe that if justice is to be served, the penalty faced should be at least equal to the time they kept people in slavery. This is a sad and sickening story.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I think soon we will all be slaves.
Here in the states I give it 20 years til we have a full blown aristocracy.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Crime pays.
It wouldn't pay so well
if there was a death penalty
for it.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

But sadly that will not happen, If they are convicted, it will be us the taxpayers who will have to foot the bill for their crime. Human rights and all

Absolutely disgusting, that this was allowed to happen for a number of years, in the UK too, before the Police done something about it. Those officers whom were informed about this in 2008 should be investigated, on why it took them so long to do something about it.

I really do not know what this country has become any more.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
It is 100% true/real, I saw it on 3 different news channels with video footage.

It is shocking, but sadly this doesn't surprise me as recently there has been a lot of this going on, not so much with male slaves though. 15 years...jeez...poor blokes

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

from the site were arrested for offences under anti-slavery legislation introduced last year.

Last year? Wut?

But police are facing searching questions over why they did not act sooner after it emerged that claims of slavery at the site were first made three years ago.

Twenty-eight men have come forward with such allegations since 2008.

So 28 DIFFERENT people come forward with this kind of information... and EVERY TIME they ignore it... Instead I bet they got out of their way to go arrest some guy who didn't pay his parking ticket....

In other news, give those scumbags the death penalty. Or better yet, send them to a North Korean labor camp, that should teach them.

Hell putting people into slavery... won't be long before the US defense department gives them a contract! Wouldn't be the first time...
edit on 12-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
This is pretty shocking stuff. They say they had been locked up for 15 years. Amazing they had got away with it for so long.

I have a traveller camp about a mile down my road. I had few problems with them when I was a kid, they used to strike fear into us at school, you get in trouble with one, you get inn trouble with them all. So ever since then I've always kept my distance.

This what has always worried my about a SHTF scenario. After watching BBC's Surviviors, where the group are forced to work in the coal mines as slaves by the more unscrupulous of the survivors.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

We do not have the death penalty in the UK. It was banned years ago. And besides we would have to pull out of the European Convention on Human Rights if, they even considered reintroducing it. Which I see very doubtful.
edit on 12-9-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Makes you wonder, what they were threatened with to keep them there for that long. Lets hope those victims, will get help they need, to overcome their ordeal.

I have a traveller camp about a mile down my road. I had few problems with them when I was a kid, they used to strike fear into us at school,

Not all Traveller camps are the same. Please do not brand others like these monsters thank you.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
reply to post by aboutface

Absolutely disgusting, that this was allowed to happen for a number of years, in the UK too, before the Police done something about it. Those officers whom were informed about this in 2008 should be investigated, on why it took them so long to do something about it.

Senior officers will only allow major arrests on these camps in very serious cases. I have no doubt that, as you state in a later post, there are "good camps" and "bad camps", but the "bad camps" have the potential for turning into a very nasty situation for the police very, very quickly.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I'm sure the Government would like to keep all hard up people like that if they could...
They are just replacing *work house* with *slaves in a horsebox*.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Makes you wonder, what they were threatened with to keep them there for that long. Lets hope those victims, will get help they need, to overcome their ordeal.

I have a traveller camp about a mile down my road. I had few problems with them when I was a kid, they used to strike fear into us at school,

Not all Traveller camps are the same. Please do not brand others like these monsters thank you.

I have to disagree with you on your last statement - the gypsy/traveller camps I have seen over the years ARE all the same. And every one of them is full of lawless miscreants who earn their living ripping off pensioners and/or stealing property from law-abiding tax-paying citizens.

If any person dares to confront any gypsy with a complaint - they invite the criminal wrath of the rest of the camp, and woe betide you and your property from then on.

Gypsy kids are raised like animals by their animal parents, with no respect for non-travellers nor their property, and with no consideration for the communities they destroy whilst on their travels.

And they pay NO taxes whatsoever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join