It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pesticides in food linked to ADHD in kids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
You don't say...

Researchers in large study conclude that parents should buy organic for their children

Levels of pesticides commonly encountered across the country in food as well as around the home are significantly increasing children's risk of developing attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and could be causing an increase in the number of children living with the condition, according to new research published in the journal Pediatrics.

"It's mainly exposure through food. Diet is the driver," says pediatrician and public health expert Phil Landrigan, MD, professor and chair of the department of community and preventive medicine at Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York City. "For most people, diet is the predominant source. It's been shown that people who switch to an organic diet knock down the levels of pesticide by-products in their urine by 85 to 90 percent."

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Hmm...

A MSM source running a story about pesticides in our food, with suggestions to buy organic.....

I'm not sure if I should be happy about this or not. I wonder- what Monsanto will have to say about this?

join