It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

500 Longshoremen Storm a Government Building, Take Hostages (Longview, Washington)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

If it was tea party you would see it 24-7 for sure. The same if the tea party said let's hang people from trees like the democrats have been saying. But this is what can be expected from the news media it won't change any time soon.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Not as many in the tea party we are peaceful that seems to be our problem. we sit back and wait and watch,and keep cleaning our guns. Waiting for the right moment to blow our tops.The people in groups that are raising hell don't have to worry about getting in hot water because they have obamas justice system behind them.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I've been following this disgusting display.

The elephant in the room is that nobody has been arrested and charged and that the national media, with only one exception I've seen, has gone out of their way not to report this.

Once again my disgust at the lying hypocritical far Left fringe is justified.

I've been pro-Union my whole life, but no more. They have been taken over by people so foul as to make me ill just knowing they exist.

Those of you in the Unions, what the hell is wrong with you? Why are letting this go on in your ranks? Fix it yourselves. Police your own. Until you do, you disgust me. You have a lot of nerve criticizing anyone else.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cottonmouth332

Remain calm and peaceful. Only doing that do you win.

If you go the other way, you loose your voice because you will become part of the problem yourselves.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Well, there are bad apples in all types of organizations, union members aren't perfect......

I think the statements out of Hoffa and Trumpka show the few apples are the GOOD, not the bad for the Union members who double as determined activists. Rank and File aren't a part of it and they're fleeced with dues to pay for it...but the leadership and their thugs are anything but peaceful. "No one's perfect" is sure a soft excuse for multiple violent felony crimes, as were comitted at the Washington Port. Of course..No arrests, no prosecutions discussed.

Hey, can I go kidnap people and later just walk away like nothing happened??

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
HEADLINE: Clever ATSer does the ole switcheroo on the other members..with an EPIC FAIL.

You are giving the Capitulator in Chief the credit for this?

Peace

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

edit on 11-9-2011 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

On September 8, 2011 a thread on this topic was created. I'm just saying.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 11-9-2011 by caladonea because: correction

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
It is surely an interesting way to launch an article. Is the core truth of the matter that the Tea Party
is trying to look like the victims in the sea of political discourse?

This Article unveils a very clever manner of manipulation that is fast becoming part of Americas
political landscape.

First the article goes on to score points for the Tea Party by making them look as if they are the
constant victim of political ire and hatred. This is achieved by using a completely unrelated story
and juxtaposing a completely false premise to give them impression that the Tea Party is being set up.
However, any logical person can asertain that the set up is manufactured to make conservatives and
Tea Partiers feel like they are being attacked. However the attack, how ever fake it is, is engineered by
a pro Tea Party member. Beezer and gang then go on to act as if the Tea Party has been slandered
and libeled by liberals or Union propaganda. The truth of the matter is the propaganda is all self
contained as it relates to this story, all generated, fabricated by pro conservative/Tea/GOP agents.

Next the article then moves on two objective TWO which is to hint at the idea that the Union Thuggery
has intentionally tried to pass off their horrible, criminal actions on the Tea Party. Again, that is
achieved in house, it is evident that several members act as if the Tea Party was scapegoated
for something.

The Tea Party continually tries to cast an image of a poor group that is victimized and attacked by
fabricated controvercy. I would say that is true, the only important thing left out
is that the victimization and controversy is often times contrived BY CONSERVATIVE pundents,
activists , bloggers and mainstream media. Maybe a compensation to obscure the extremely pro
corporate agenda of the actual Tea Party candidates? Possibly the motives are many, I say it
is very slick; set a million little reichstag fires all claiming that the Mainstream forces are against you,
while obscuring the policy and agenda that will exalt the mainstream corporatists and their wish
to regain absolute control over workers, their wages and recourse.

I then expect as a response to the top part of my post, someone will then pivot to the fact that the
Tea Party did nothing wrong. They will use the fact that I focused on the Tea Party aspect as evidence that
I am part of the conspiracy attacking the poor, besieged movement. Then I am sure Beezer or
Neo will try to say that I approve of the Union thuggery, because I am focusing on the Tea Party
aspect, in short "attacking them" (for a fake attack that was set up by the Tea Party non the less)
not the unions.

I think this sophisticated manipulation goes far beyond the imagination of the past futurists predicting
tyrannical mis information and massive manipulation. This future that has come to pass has turned
this manipulation into a science. If I am honest, I will say that my EXTREME dislike for the Tea Party
has a lot to do with this Method, initially invented by FOX, now being fostered and mastered by the
everyday political foot soldier. Your platform is completely corrupted by corrosive trickery, omissions,
lies and slow methodical distortions.

Today the Tea Party has been attacked again today,again it has been attacked,

by itself...

The pits of hell couldn't breed more skillful manipulators and liars.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist
reply to post by MasterGemini

The equivalent of nickel pocket change with what a hedge fund manager makes, and they don't even get their hands dirty, nor do they contribute to society... At least these guys are c0ck and b4lls.
edit on 11-9-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

True.
Just recently Verizon workers were striking because out of the blue they took away workers vacation pay and pensions without any negotiations whatsoever. The Verizon workers picketed the home of the President which of course the FOX News Team seemed to find in "bad taste."

I think this is trolling at it's worst and if it were Tea Party Members and they were making reasonable demands and could gain the support of the people, (which is what any hostage taker would love) so they get sympathy from the press and the people...they would get it. But first the Tea Stains would have to present a case we can all get on the side of. Some poor underdog who is getting whipped by it's master might actually be let free if it holds the hand of the master and says look what is being done to me? How are the Stains going to whine about indignities suffered by the Millionaire Koch brothers and garner any sympathy or respect?

That would be a trick. I think the old Tea Stains should give it a try. Test the public sentiment, see of anyone will go wading in after them or if they will be left to twist in the wind.
I think the Public would let this Tea Party twist in the wind but only because it is hard to muster up sympathy for their cause. Preserving and replacing Constitutional protections for the people or reversing some of the more recent Supreme Court rulings AGAINST THE PEOPLE and in favor of corporatism would both be great causes but the Tea Stains are fighting so the wealthy can keep their money and no new projects get started until a Republican is President.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

First the article goes on to score points for the Tea Party by making them look as if they are the
constant victim of political ire and hatred.

Are you seriously denying the several year campaign by the MSM to paint tea party people as extreme, violent, racist terrorists? If you like, I can post many, many video clips and stories from the MSM to show they have. Can you show us where the MSM has demonized another protest movement in the same way? Not to mention protest movements that are ACTUALLY violent?

I swear you live in an alternate universe.

edit on 11-9-2011 by Gannicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

They have been taken over by people so foul as to make me ill just knowing they exist.

This is a little harsh isn't it?

This is a worker fighting for wages, health care and benefits. It is a person fighting to feed their family.
Are they the millionaires of this country?

I don't see how what they are doing is so worthy of this over the top disgust and vehemence when on another hand the norm is companies being bought and sold, CEO's getting hundreds of millions while stockholders and workers are let go just before they are set to retire to avoid paying their benefits.

A man fighting for the best wage for his labor does not disgust me.

A man who has never worked a day using the stroke of a pen to bankrupt thousands of loyal dedicated and trusting workers and families in one fell swoop - they disgust me.

It is foul just knowing they exist.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Many years ago, I was in a labor dispute. I didn't think I or my employees were being paid enough for the type of work we were doing. So I drew up our list of duties, from level 1 positions, level 2, and supervisor (mine). I drew up comparable salaries from East coast to West. I took this information to our director. He looked it over, looked at me, took it to HR, who funneled it up to the CEO. I personally went from $33k to $50k.

Did I mention that I've never been in a union?

/TOA

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
And for the left wing extremists, aka progressives, that won't even read the article, here what your peaceful union members did:

Five hundred people stormed a shipyard, held hostages – HOSTAGES – for a couple of hours, smashed windows and then calmly returned to their union hall after cutting brake lines on trains and spilling grain (aka destroying property). And NO ONE was arrested? Are you kidding me?

What are we supposed to learn from this? Is it now okay to destroy property and literally take hostages as long as you roll 500 strong and belong to a union? Would anyone else get away with that without someone being sent to jail? What is going on in this country? Where is the outrage? This is not acceptable behavior if done by ONE person. This is 500 times worse!

Hostages. I guess the security guards weren't armed? Or they were wussies? Not sure why there aren't substantially less longshoremen now.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Nobody said they were peaceful pacifists.
Why is revolution only OK when it is against the government?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
And for the left wing extremists, aka progressives, that won't even read the article, here what your peaceful union members did:

Five hundred people stormed a shipyard, held hostages – HOSTAGES – for a couple of hours, smashed windows and then calmly returned to their union hall after cutting brake lines on trains and spilling grain (aka destroying property). And NO ONE was arrested? Are you kidding me?

What are we supposed to learn from this? Is it now okay to destroy property and literally take hostages as long as you roll 500 strong and belong to a union? Would anyone else get away with that without someone being sent to jail? What is going on in this country? Where is the outrage? This is not acceptable behavior if done by ONE person. This is 500 times worse!

Hostages. I guess the security guards weren't armed? Or they were wussies? Not sure why there aren't substantially less longshoremen now.

/TOA

Progressive Era

en.wikipedia.org...

The Progressive Era in the United States was a period of social activism and reform that flourished from the 1890s to the 1920s. One main goal of the Progressive movement was purification of government, as Progressives tried to eliminate corruption by exposing and undercutting political machines and bosses.

Initially the movement operated chiefly at local levels; later it expanded to state and national levels. Progressives drew support from the middle class, and supporters included many lawyers, teachers, physicians, ministers and business people.[7] The Progressives strongly supported scientific methods as applied to economics, government, industry, finance, medicine, schooling, theology, education, and even the family.

Exposing corruption Muckrakers were (progressive) journalists who exposed waste, corruption, and scandal in the highly influential new medium of national magazines, such as McClure's Magazine. Ray Stannard Baker, George Creel and Brand Whitlock were active at the state and local level, while Lincoln Steffens exposed political corruption in many large cities; Ida Tarbell went after Rockefeller's Standard Oil Company.
Samuel Hopkins Adams in 1905 showed the fraud involved in many patent medicines,
Upton Sinclair's The Jungle (1906) was a novel that gave a horrid portrayal of how meat was packed, and David Graham Phillips unleashed a blistering indictment of the U.S. Senate in 1906.

Roosevelt gave these journalists their nickname when he complained they were not being helpful by raking up all the muck.

Modernization The progressives were avid modernizers.
They believed in science, technology, expertise—and especially education—as the grand solution to society's weaknesses. Characteristics of progressivism included a favorable attitude toward urban-industrial society, belief in mankind's ability to improve the environment and conditions of life, belief in obligation to intervene in economic and social affairs, and a belief in the ability of experts and in efficiency of government intervention.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

rofl Nancy would be so proud of you

And then there's this

edit on 11-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Okay you got me!!! I was going to come ream whoever the troll was spreading this untruth!! LOLOLOL

When I was reading about this my FIRST thought was IF the Tea Party did this it would be ALL OVER the news, as it was I think only O'Reilly reported on that (that I am aware of)

GOT me....I was ready to draw blood

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

The very early Progressive movement (that small time between around 1890 and 1912, just before Wilson hijacked the "Progressive" moniker) was the Progressive movement's "finest hour", so to speak. Led by well-meaning abolitionists, teachers, laborers, settlement house workers, etc., they did more for ending child labor, low wages, government corruption, working conditions, and hours than the unions could ever hope to do.

The unions like to tell their members "if it wasn't for us, your children would be working in coal mines!". But in reality, it wasn't unions that did it, it was individuals just looking out for the common man. Unions now more resemble those people at the Haymarket riot than the progressives of old.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Typical Tea Party propaganda about unions being bad and business owners good. Part of their stance that worker rights, minimum wage, and all regulations against corporations are bad. If the tea party is real why don't you run as a 3rd party instead of a weak faction within the Republican Party?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Great post OP. You had me for a second there, but because I was aware of the story already I sort of had a feeling you were going in this direction, and I'm glad you did. The irony is palpable. We peacefully protest and we are terrorists, because we actually have a message that is against the establishment banker controlled society. Unions can be complete thugs and get a slap on the wrist.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join