It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remembering the 'other' victims of 9/11

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The numbers we see today about death and destruction are as horrendus to me as the day itself 10 years ago.

Thank you for reminding us all about this. It hurts sometimesm bu we need to remember the bigger picture.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Great idea for a post, good to see someone looking at the big picture.

To add, I will quote Linkin Park's song, "With Hands Held High," - -

" When the rich wage War, it's the Poor who Die ".

S&F

-Mike
edit on 11-9-2011 by HiMyNameIsMike because: because

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface
reply to post by Kryties

I just want to make a note somewhere about other victims whose deaths raised the terror level even higher to dizzying heights, and that's the victims of the anthrax attacks.

Yes, you are right - there are a few other scenarios where people have become victims of the War on Terror - being the anthrax attacks, the London Bombings and a few others that escape me at the moment but know that we keep them in our hearts all the same.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Shame on Us!

It is us who are the real Cowards,
us who go to work everyday like nothing happen,
us who go to sleep like there are no Children in Pain,
us who can kiss the Partner and do not remember the People who lost their today!

For what are we waiting for?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

thank you for you post. A lot of people have died as a consequence off 911.... Your death figures are a bit off. A report back by MIT put the total amout of deaths at600,000 men., women and children that have died in Iraq alone between 2003-2006

mit.edu...

may they rest in peace...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

What you're not realizing is that "civilians," in the middle east are also participating and/or supporting terrorist activity and adding to the anti-American sentiment. These are the people who will drive their car with an IED as close to marines as possible and detonate. I feel no sympathy for the women who sacrifice themselves and their kids to try and kill a couple of our soldiers. I only wish the children could grow up in another atmosphere. That's just how they are, though.
edit on 2-10-2011 by ErgoSphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoSphere
reply to post by Kryties

What you're not realizing is that "civilians," in the middle east are also participating and/or supporting terrorist activity and adding to the anti-American sentiment. These are the people who will drive their car with an IED as close to marines as possible and detonate. I feel no sympathy for the women who sacrifice themselves and their kids to try and kill a couple of our soldiers. I only wish the children could grow up in another atmosphere. That's just how they are, though.
edit on 2-10-2011 by ErgoSphere because: (no reason given)

Its good that you bring this up, because there are plenty of "civilians" in the US that contribute to this death-toll; theres all the defense contractors, weapons manufactures, blackwater... list goes on.

Im sure your lack of sympathy is just a result of nearsightedness and I doubt you really are a sociopath. I agree with you that these kids need to grow up in a different atmosphere, it really is a shame that the fighting population of Iraq grew up in a war zone (the Iran-Iraq war for those who dont recall), it really is a shame that the US created this hostile environment.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join