It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin Passes Perihelion ...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
If it was a pulsar I think we would have widespread and crippling radio interference by now and with that amount of gamma and X-ray radiation we would probably all be sucking mud.

edit on 9/11/2011 by GeistMelange because: not a scientist

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
So another day passes and no elenin catastrophes... atleasts the "terrorists" didn't get a hold of it for some sinister plot. One the bright side elenin did help 5 to 6 football teams win today.

So in all seriousness now... to all you die hard elenin peeps out there especially you Mr. Earthquake guy, what if your wrong? What if nothing happens on these prescribed dates? Will you come on here and post an apology if you're wrong? I'll answer that question myself... no you won't. It bugs me that there is no accountability on this site sometimes. I know for the purposes of what we discuss there shouldn't be, but come on!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TheHistorian

If nothing happens on Sept 15 or Sept 27 (3days before and after) you will get my apology on Sept. 31. Guaranteed.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

If nothing happens on Sept 15 or Sept 27 (3days before and after) you will get my apology on Sept. 31. Guaranteed.
[/heah
Help me out here. What do you think we happen? Earthquake? Invasion? Doom? Gloom? Heaven forbid... doom and gloom? I don't want to hear how elenin caused rush hour traffic to be heavy on the east coast!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheHistorian

Originally posted by LightAssassin

Help me out here. What do you think we happen? Earthquake? Invasion? Doom? Gloom? Heaven forbid... doom and gloom? I don't want to hear how elenin caused rush hour traffic to be heavy on the east coast!
edit on 9/12/2011 by TheHistorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

You want him to apologise but you are not sure why? did he cause you some distress?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
my car battery died this morning before i was about to go to work, this is proof that ELEnin is near and the poles will shift soon because of the electromagnetic force that it is putting out! debunk this you ELEnin deniers

Originally posted by TheHistorian
plot. One the bright side elenin did help 5 to 6 football teams win today.

dont you mean ELEnin helped 5-6 football teams LOSE today?????
edit on 12-9-2011 by MastaShake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I really thought it was the newports that were giving me headaches.aaaah I should have known it was elenin. Ing does anybody have an aspirin?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Yeh, Earthquake. Like the last three.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Can you clarify how large the quake would have to be for you to think that it was caused by Elenin? You've given yourself a pretty big window there for an earthquake to occur. Probability states that at least one 6.0+ earthquake would occur during that period of time. Will you try to claim that as Elenin's influence or will the earthquake have to be larger than the Japan quake?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Above 8. If it's gonna happen. Above 8 on dat dem der Richter. It makes sense that it'll be California or Yellowstone too.

If the influence is a different energy to gravity then it is still a lot closer to both the Sun AND Earth this 2D alignment. If it's magnifying the Suns energy somehow then this is a major increase from the last alignment. I think that the 188 day cycle thing isn't really the case, and IS mere coincidence due to the orbit of our planet combined with the speed of Elenin. I know, big coincidence, but the Earths orbit around the sun is pretty stable enough to produce numbers like that.

This of course all depends on whether Elenin has broken up. I just need to see complete evidence before I believe that.
edit on 12-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
LightAssassin at least you picked a large enough quake to be outstanding. The 3 day window you provided makes it possible for a 6 or better to occur with better than a 50-50 chance. An 8 reduces the odds to something like 1 in 25. There is about 1 a year and using 2 7 day windows, -3 to +3, gives roughly a 4% chance of getting it right.

days in year = 365
number of windows = 2
size of windows = 7

fraction of days selected = (2*7)/365 which is approximately 4%

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Thanks, I appreciate you doing the maths bit. It's a bit less due to Sept 15 is really just the 48hours that it is Sept 15 Worldwide. Then the Sept 27 with 3 days before and after. It's probably more like 12 days over the 2 windows. More like a 3.288% chance.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

You should feel free to call it a 3% chance then. There probably are not 4 digits of precision in the information leading to the calculation.

Notice that the 9.0 quake in Japan in March does not affect the probabilities since earthquakes in different places in the world are not believed to be related. Nothing prevents multiple 8 or better quakes within a year.

Let's see what happens.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
anyone see what elenin did to tony romo last night ?

creepy

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Above 8.

Have a star for making a definite prediction. I promise not to hold it against you personally if the prediction fails.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

In this scenario we are assuming they are related, hence why the location was given too. It seems every 188 days the largest EQs have been working their way around the ring of fire.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'm having a post-perihelion headache today.

Coincidence??? No I don't THINK so!!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Haha, And a star for you for entertaining my prediction. You never cease to amaze me DJW.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
We should see a MAJOR solar flare and CME on the 13th into the 14th of September and a bright bluish red star near the sun on the 14th if is anything majorly concerning. By major solar flare, i mean power out indefinitely. Up to 9 times worse then the Carrington solar flare event of 1859. The EMF from the auroras alone will cause biological effects like nausea seizures, hallucinations and the like.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join