It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

George Bush Jr. after 9/11 Says He Has No Regrets like IRaq, Patriot act, and other tactics.

page: 1
3

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

A decade after the terrorist attacks that defined his presidency, George W. Bush said he doesn't regret any decisions he made after 9/11, including the war with Iraq and the use of controversial interrogation techniques that some considered torture. Asked if he believes those polices — including the USA Patriot Act, which widened government access to Americans' communications and records — prevented another attack, he said, "Yes, I do." "Some of the tactics could have been different" in Iraq after Saddam Hussein was deposed, Bush said in an interview with USA TODAY. "Same with Afghanistan, same with the terrorist surveillance program" that eavesdropped on suspected terrorists' international communications. Still, he said, objective historians will conclude his policies "were necessary in order to protect the country." Bush said the events that led to the death of al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden in May began during his administration. "The work that was done by intelligence communities during my presidency was part of putting together the puzzle that enabled us to see the full picture of how bin Laden was communicating and eventually where he was hiding," he said. "It began the day after 9/11." Saturday, Bush and his wife, Laura, will lay a wreath at the Pentagon and speak at the dedication of the Shanksville, Pa., memorial to Flight 93. Sunday, he'll attend the New York 9/11 ceremony.


abcnews.go.com...

Does the Patriot Act really helped combat terrorism or what?




posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
History will judge George W. Bush kindly.

He will go down in history as a real leader.



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
History will judge George W. Bush kindly.

He will go down in history as a real leader.


i bet so though but i think that Bush jr does give credit for obama into stopping down terrorism.

George Bush JR was warned before 9/11 that Al-Qaeda attack many be coming but was ignored.



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Why would he apologize for Iraq? That was pre-planned long before 9/11, he and his cabinet merely took advantage of it to make it seem the 2nd invasion of Iraq was a crack-down on "terrorism", even going so far as to fabricate evidence and lie to Congress and the American sheeple.

The Patriot Act and Warantless Wiretapping were all pipe-dreams of Big Government for decades, and again, under Bush and Crew, they used the scapegoat of "terrorism" to push those through.

Scandals like the CIA black sites, extraordinary rendition, Abu Ghraib, Guantanamo Prison, Blackwater's private army of mercenaries, etc., are what you get when you let an out-of-control military complex and intelligence agencies run rampant. In fact under Republicans the government grew to over 1,200 intelligence agencies, a massive expansion of government if ever there were one.

Thanks to Bush's inept response to 9/11, we all now live under a government microscope.



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Living with no regrets, especially when you have started two ridiculous and unneeded wars and killed millions with those wars and helping to ruin a country with idiotic and tyrannical laws, is easy if you don't have a conscience.




Still, he said, objective historians will conclude his policies "were necessary in order to protect the country."


I would hope the historians would be objective and tell the truth about our idiot ex-president and those that worked with him to enact the oppressive laws we have today. The Patriot Act protects us from nothing, it only invades our Constitutional rights, paving the way for the lovely Police State that is nearing total and complete domination.

Dubya is a lying piece of crap that should be rotting in a prison, at the very least.



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer


Thanks to Bush's inept response to 9/11, we all now live under a government microscope.


When dealing with Muslim terrorists there is nothing else Bush could have done. Of course he could have tried the Bill Clinton method of ignoring the problem, treating it as a law enforcement problem. But that eventually led to 9/11 in the first place.

Enhanced interrogation, battlefield intelligence (Warrant less wiretaps), Club Gitmo, the Patriot Act were all keys to us not being attacked on this level again.



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
History will judge George W. Bush kindly.

He will go down in history as a real leader.


he will go down in history but i doubt he would gain the attribute 'real leader'



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15

A decade after the terrorist attacks that defined his presidency, George W. Bush said he doesn't regret any decisions he made after 9/11, including the war with Iraq and the use of controversial interrogation techniques that some considered torture. Asked if he believes those polices — including the USA Patriot Act, which widened government access to Americans' communications and records — prevented another attack, he said, "Yes, I do." "Some of the tactics could have been different" in Iraq after Saddam Hussein was deposed, Bush said in an interview with USA TODAY. "Same with Afghanistan, same with the terrorist surveillance program" that eavesdropped on suspected terrorists' international communications. Still, he said, objective historians will conclude his policies "were necessary in order to protect the country." Bush said the events that led to the death of al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden in May began during his administration. "The work that was done by intelligence communities during my presidency was part of putting together the puzzle that enabled us to see the full picture of how bin Laden was communicating and eventually where he was hiding," he said. "It began the day after 9/11." Saturday, Bush and his wife, Laura, will lay a wreath at the Pentagon and speak at the dedication of the Shanksville, Pa., memorial to Flight 93. Sunday, he'll attend the New York 9/11 ceremony.


abcnews.go.com...

Does the Patriot Act really helped combat terrorism or what?


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------
I am an American in everyway shape and form as far as being born and raised as well as believing in America .
I don't say that Bush did everything wrong. No one is wrong all the time!! BUT !! He is a Traitor!! It's a joke to try to even think that there is any other possibility. He stole the election.( Via The Electronic Ballot System )
His administration ignored the facts that there were no WMD's and the invasion of Iraq was without merrit and illegal.They created a "Boggie Man" named al-Qaeda and bin-Laden so they would have us fear mongering and an excuse to Steal our rights and privacey away. Not to mention the Trillions of dollars that followed since then.Funny that such terrorists wouldnt have all flown to the White House to make sure they were successful that day. Remember This!!! They knew the attack was a real threat before it happened. AND THERE WAS NO NEED FOR THE PATRIOT ACT THEN !! It was all about destroying The US from within and spying on our rights etc to help the Traitors know what we are doing and thinking so they can Con and Cheat us even more..Check out the 28.00 a plate cost for the Service men and women to eat over in Iraq and Afghanistan, ( even with out food on the plate ) Its all theft and a planned attack to RUIN The USA and The American People.. I could go on but thats for another time..Thank you for the thread op S/F



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------
He stole the election.( Via The Electronic Ballot System )
His administration ignored the facts that there were no WMD's and the invasion of Iraq was without merrit and illegal.


Bush didn't steal anything. Algore lost the election because he couldn't win his homestate of Tennessee. I mean who runs for President and can't even win his homestate?

As far as Sadamm and WMD's.....here you go.......

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Bergler, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by:
-- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
-- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
-- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"
-- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
-- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4
 


Blind subservience like your is precisely what let Bush and Cronies get away with trampling all over the Constitution and stealing from us the very "freedoms" they said they were protecting. And "Muslim terrorists" are the bogeymen they needed to help them do that.

They knew exactly what sort of reaction they could get from a terrorist attack when Cheney and the DoD drafted up "Operation Northwoods". They set up with a deliberate plan to expand the government, building surveillance, wiretapping, and subservience into the very fabric of American society, while not only robbing us of those freedoms, but robbing us of our collective wealth. How much has the military-industrial complex profited off of these wars? Trillions? They've turned Americans into the most scrutinized, monitored, analyzed, audited, surveilled, cataloged, and enumerated species on the planet.

What do you think those 1,200 intelligence agencies are really doing? The next big "terrorist" target they're out to conquer will be the American freedom fighter.



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15
 


I can't stand the guy, he is the worst president to ever get into office.
I hope people throw eggs at him for the rest of his life. He deserves it, genocide #1-and nobody did anything except create this newly fashionable statement: It's a conspiracy dahurrrr... No it's called we are smarter than you.

People who believe 911 was NOT planned are nieve and their wives cheat on them with smart people like us, because you are so gullible.

Condoleza Rice too...Cheney...Thanks for being leaders of a world where you had the chance to make a substantial change and just let us all live like nature intended. We failed as an organism of this planet, and your moods have spread throughout the world. We aren't happy anymore, we are scared-of people like you who may run this planet again. You destroyed humanity, and our culture.

I won't shop in a large mall anymore, I'm afraid to get blown up. New York as a vacation-nah, never. I won't even go there for business.

Instead of making the world a better-place you made it worse, we're all a**holes now, we have no money, and no good outlook on the future. We are afraid of strangers, and we keep to ourselves now. We're afraid to speak because one of our jerk neighbors may thin we are a terrorist. Can't talk about bush...

History books will have it written how the tyrants of America tried to take everything over. Have it all, when this market crashes maybe you won't have a maid to clean your house, or a farmer to grow you food, or even medical care for your own self.

Just because you are at the top of the food chain doesn't mean you won't fall as we do.

Thanks for nothing jerks.



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4
 


I respect your information but you miss one Big Fact.. No one cared or cares now that N Korea went on with their Nuclear Program and still continue to do so. Nor has there been any invasion of Iran as they continue to push closer to a Nuke.Iraq was an easy "Mark" to justify stealing trillions for Big Business and the kickbacks to the Politicians that allowed it to be started and to continue as they destry our men and women in uniform and make us pay for it.



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by Carseller4
 


I respect your information but you miss one Big Fact.. No one cared or cares now that N Korea went on with their Nuclear Program and still continue to do so. Nor has there been any invasion of Iran as they continue to push closer to a Nuke.Iraq was an easy "Mark" to justify stealing trillions for Big Business and the kickbacks to the Politicians that allowed it to be started and to continue as they destry our men and women in uniform and make us pay for it.


Actually Iraq had something to do with UNSCR 687. That's why the 2003 invasion of Iraq happened.



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Why would he apologize for Iraq? That was pre-planned long before 9/11, he and his cabinet merely took advantage of it to make it seem the 2nd invasion of Iraq was a crack-down on "terrorism", even going so far as to fabricate evidence and lie to Congress and the American sheeple.

The Patriot Act and Warantless Wiretapping were all pipe-dreams of Big Government for decades, and again, under Bush and Crew, they used the scapegoat of "terrorism" to push those through.

Scandals like the CIA black sites, extraordinary rendition, Abu Ghraib, Guantanamo Prison, Blackwater's private army of mercenaries, etc., are what you get when you let an out-of-control military complex and intelligence agencies run rampant. In fact under Republicans the government grew to over 1,200 intelligence agencies, a massive expansion of government if ever there were one.

Thanks to Bush's inept response to 9/11, we all now live under a government microscope.


Actually every Intel around the world believes that Iraq had WMDs. Remember in the 1990s, Saddam was required by a ceasefire agreement and UNSCR 687 that he was supposed to destroy his WMDs under UN inspection and Iraq didn't follow the agreements and kept on booting them out, making everyone suspicious that he had WMDs.

Saddam actually fooled the world into believing that he had WMDs. He was more scared of Iran than the U.S. www.timesonline.co.uk...
edit on 11-9-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
History will judge George W. Bush kindly.

He will go down in history as a real leader.


You've gotta be kiddin me! I say history will do the opposite. Real leader my ass




top topics



 
3

log in

join