It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK severe weather warnings issued for Scotland and North England. Amber alert!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

im in north-east england its 20.00hrs the wind is very bad i would say at least 100mph gusts i can here my roof banging around the main motorway is closed both north and south and a hgv lorry has just been blown over on a well known bridge. been bad all day but seems to be getting worse!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AnalyticalDreamer

I live in Northumberland and the weather is quite bad here. It's been building up all day, it was supposed to peak at about 5pm... i beg to differ!!! I can hear the wind rattling through the roof!! It's a good job all my horses are in their stables with rugs on... providing the weather doesnt lift the stable roof that is!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
hungry reptilians. what if they need children to eat? they said food crisis, we'll be ok. they dont have children they starve..

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I will be pleased when this wind is over, as my post on the previous page mentioned I was pleased no one was hurt when the neighbours tree came into our garden today and snapped my son's 8ft trampoline in two....however I've just had a phone call to say a good friend of mines cousin dies tonight due to a falling tree. Wouldn't care, from what I know he was out driving a Hospice ambulance. It's always the good

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
And the aftermath...

"A motorist died and an 11-year-old boy was taken to hospital after the remnants of Hurricane Katia brought 80mph winds to Britain.

But although further blustery conditions are expected, the winds will not be as strong as they were on Monday, forecasters said.

Thousands were left without power on Monday night as gusty weather caused damage to buildings and resulted in travel disruption around the UK.

In County Durham, a driver died when a tree hit a car on the A688 at Dunhouse Quarry, between Staindrop and Barnard Castle.

Durham Police said a passenger in the car was taken to hospital in Darlington with injuries which are not thought to be life threatening following the incident at about 3pm.

Meanwhile, an 11-year-old boy was taken to hospital in Bradford after he was hit by a roof blown off a garage.

West Yorkshire Fire Service said the boy was rescued from the debris in Roper Lane, Queensbury, by firefighters and taken to hospital by ambulance. The boy was taken to Bradford Royal Infirmary but his injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.

Firefighters in West Yorkshire said they were called to a number of other weather-related incidents including two in which telegraph poles came down, setting fields on fire.

Steve Ellison, a forecaster at MeteoGroup, the weather division of the Press Association, said: "The winds have eased quite a bit overnight and haven't been as strong as they were during the day (on Monday). We're looking at winds of just over 50mph, possibly reaching 60mph in the most exposed areas."

He said there will be showers across much of the country, but the heaviest rain will be confined to north Scotland. "There will be further heavy and persistent rain across parts of western Scotland and the Highlands. Later... that will go into Northern Ireland and southern Scotland and then overnight into northern parts of England but it's getting lighter as it moves south."

news.uk.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by butterflycatcher

I don't think it's quite finished yet here in West Cumbria, it's still blowing a gale and raining quite heavily....I wanna put some clothes out to dry on the line

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Still going strong here, the BBC news page below says 165mph, I'm sure that must a misprint as I haven't seen any flying cars or people today, but it is pretty bad still.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

Wrong thread, this is an earlier in the year storm, lol.

You want to be here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
PREPARE NOW. Buy as much as you can so you are pennyless. Line the pockets of sales. It may even help the economy. he,he,he,he,he. SCARE TACTICS, so you buy stuff these days. A little snow fall and some ice. It is not like they have seen this before.
. You go ahead and buy tho. I hope we get 3 FEET dumped in one night.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Super fierce 165 mph winds lash Scotland- people warned to stay indoors

A fierce storm with winds of up to 165 mph has battered northern parts of Britain, with people warned to stay indoors, schools forced to close and flights and rail links cancelled. Localized flooding has also caused major disruptions on roads – and more than 30,000 homes have been left without power. In North Yorkshire, a RAF helicopter plucked a couple to safety after their car was swept away in floodwaters near Aysgarth. They were flown to hospital with suspected hypothermia. A third person was also rescued from his car in a separate incident near the village of Gunnerside. Police have advised against all travel until at least 2am Friday, when winds are expected to ease. The Met Office earlier issued its strongest warning – a red alert – for winds in Scotland and warned parts of England and Wales to “be aware,” as temperatures were expected to drop and snowfall was predicted as far south as Birmingham. It said the Highland observing station at Glen Ogle reported a gust of 104mph at 11am. The Met Office later tweeted that a gust at the Aonach Mor ski area peaked at 137mph.

Stay Inside and Stay Safe.

link

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
PREPARE NOW. Buy as much as you can so you are pennyless. Line the pockets of sales. It may even help the economy. he,he,he,he,he. SCARE TACTICS, so you buy stuff these days. A little snow fall and some ice. It is not like they have seen this before.
. You go ahead and buy tho. I hope we get 3 FEET dumped in one night.

It's Christmas silly.
People will already be engaging in fisticuffs over the frozen sprouts without any threat of harsh weather.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by Ramcheck

Wrong thread, this is an earlier in the year storm, lol.

You want to be here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As stated three posts ago.............
edit on 9/12/11 by woogleuk because: Turns out I can't count

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join