It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New nasa footage shows Apollo landings evidence.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
The apollo landings has been a great conspiracy theory to follow, did NASA really send armstrong and co to the moon in 1969 or did they send them to MGM studios?

With many videos arguing the case for and against I must say that this new video will open up a whole new debate.

Looks believable to me,
PS I was not alive to watch it on TV LIVE back in '69 so I dont really have a strong belief that they did or did not.

Anyway heres the vid...

edit on 11-9-2011 by slowboy51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Hoax,
taped in a studio.
don't believe their lies.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by slowboy51

Anyone know how they managed to so dramatically change the orbit of the LRO for around 30 days and already past the end of it;s initially intended mission??

Getting it to continually pass as low as 13 miles is quite a feat IMO..

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
What really makes me think is that if NASA faked the moon landings dont you think the soviet union at that point would have done there best to find out if it was true or not?
Or are the soviets in on it... holding up a massive blanket over all our eyes?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
What if they have indeed been there but stumbled upon something we better should not know?

What also wonders me is this, we have quite good telescopes that can take awesome pictures of nearby galaxies etc. Then why can't we get some close up images of the Moon, Mars etc.?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
Hoax,
taped in a studio.
don't believe their lies.

lol... I can just hear you shouting: "it's a lie, don't believe them... run for your life"
2nd line with more lol...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Kemal

Very true, but dont you think that even if they did take HD pictures of the leftovers from apollo missions that the people who dont believe or who are afraid to believe will just say that.... pffffft anyone can do that in CS5 lol

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
For my 2 cents I always thought they went to the moon, but believe they had to fake a lot of the photographs because of spoiled film, poor photographs, and the like. I hope they went, I truly do, as the Apollo programme was very inspirational for me as a boy, it inspired me to follow the career path I chose, it fulfilled something in me about seeking achievement and goals in the unknown, it was the start of the move from the bounds of Earth towards the life of Star Trek. All pretty low grade stuff, but if it was faked...well...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
There will always be people that don't believe it. You could take them to the moon yourself and let them see the landing sites and debris in person and they would still refuse to accept it.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

You could take them to the moon yourself and let them see the landing sites and debris in person and they would still refuse to accept it.

Obviously you'd have to get there yourself..
Not much chance of NASA going back..
Heck, no man has even left earth's orbit since the Apollo missions 40 years ago.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

The short answer is the LRO was equipped with twice the fuel necessary for it's orbital insertion and adjustments to account for errors. A brief description can be found here. An excerpt of interest;

Normally the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) orbits the Moon in a 50 km altitude, near-circular, polar orbit. The orbit is “near”-circular, as LRO’s altitude can vary between its lowest altitude (periapsis) of 35 km and its highest altitude (apoapsis) of 65-km over a twenty eight day period. If left unattended, the Moon’s lumpy gravity field would further perturb LRO’s orbit, driving the periapsis altitude lower and lower, eventually causing LRO to impact the surface in about seventy days. However, by design LRO has propellant to perform a pair of orbit maintenance (or station-keeping) maneuvers every twenty eight days to keep LRO safely in its 50±15 km near-circular orbit. Since its launch on 18 June 2009, LRO has performed twenty five pairs of station-keeping maneuvers to maintain its orbit.

This link also explains the resolution of the images.

This PDF document goes into further detail about the LRO's flight trajectories, fuel and orbital control thrusters as well as the main burn rocket.

In skimming the pdf it appears the LRO approached lunar orbit about the same speed as Apollo's ~3 days, and used half of the fuel it carried for the main orbital burn, in fact the first attempt failed if I read correctly, but like I said, it carried at least 200% of the mission required fuel.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Heck, no man has even left earth's orbit since the Apollo missions 40 years ago.

You are joking right? Never heard of the space station?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by slowboy51

the apollo 14 LMDS picture is the nail in the coffin of anyone who isn't emotionally invested in the hoax.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

It's in earth orbit.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I vaguely remember the moon landings. My husband is older than I and has clear memories. He believes they actually did land on the moon. I believe they landed. I also believe some of their findings have not been fully disclosed. My husband says they were hoping to find things that when they got there weren't there and many were disappointed. We have the ability to get to the moon. We have the ability to build international space centers. The big question is why did we "stop" going to the moon. Why didn't we explore it more. Sounds like we are doing more now with the new Grail missions ( I think that is the name)..but .....it has been a long time.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a read of william brians MOONGATE will give you some info on all the impossible things that nasa overcame to land on the moon .you can find it on pdf on the internet its a must for all seekers of the truth

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Thanks for that...
I'll read up..

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I just wonder who starred that post..

You do know the difference between staying in orbit and actual space travel right?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

I just wonder who starred that post..

You do know the difference between staying in orbit and actual space travel right?

I misread your post..... I read what you wrote as saying we had never even been into earths orbit. Which should explain why I said what I did.

Yes, I know the difference....

edit on 12-9-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

It's in earth orbit.

Yes, I know. As I explained to back, I mis read his post.

I admit I am laughing at who ever starred my post though....

Yeah, no, I just misunderstood what he wrote.

I read it as him saying we had not ever been into earths orbit.

edit on 12-9-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join