It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security says post 9/11 America has seen a new threat from the internet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
i'm trying to remain hopeful about this whole thing.
we're living in an age where we, as individuals, have [on average] much greater access to more information than ever before. yeah sure our various governments are practically ripping their own heads off trying to find ways to keep us all in line, but the fact that it doesn't seem to be working is heartening.
right now i'm sitting in my bedroom in australia, talking to americans, brits, russians.... all of us are free thinking, loving, breathing creatures connecting on a personal basis.
this personal connection, that's the only thing that's going to save us from evil invading armies and terrorists and governmental suppression.... because until we let them make it about us and them, we're all just us.

i'm such a hippie tonight. peace and love.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread is about threats being posted on the Facebook wall of the WH.

A couple interesting points :

1) The picture given says the comments were posted "2 Seconds ago", which after testing, is only possibly seen by the person posting the threat.

2) You have to be friends with someone to post on their wall. Are these the type of friends the WH keeps around? Sure, just do some research on Anwar Alwalki.

3) Any idiot knows about FB's privacy rules, and would be the world's worst terrorist to post stuff like this on FB, or the WH's FB.

So yes, they are targetting the internet with planted info/disinfo, and I'm sure false flags at some point.

What's new? Good thread, nonetheless.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

It really changes your perspective on basically everything when you think for yourself. They make a bogus claim and back it up by a bogus "threat".

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The world is a different place when you're no longer Free to do as We tell you.

I'm really irritated that ABCnews would hold the bar so incredibly low. It's not even mentioned in the article. The lack of credibility of this 'threat' is vast and for them to then go on television (along with every other channel) and tell me the USG has gotten intel on a "real and credible" threat, I just tune out.

Why should I believe people who can't even do the research on something so ridiculously easy. There are more agents working for letter agencies than terrorists in AQ. Rougly 200:1 ratio in just one agency alone.

It's hilarious, way to celebrate the holiday (because that's what this has become, an exercise in celebrating inadequacy and incompetence) with pearls of wisdom like these.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Of course Homeland Security is going to go after the internet and those utilizing it to find answers!

I have been on a fact finding and truth seeking journey for yrs to answer some of the questions about my life and I have cut though much BS and mainstream misinformation and disinformation via the internet. Not that there isn't plenty of that on here too!

Once I had this huge epiphany that I could actually see things without going there (sometimes distant parts of the world) and find others with the same questions on forums I was off and running in a way I had never before been able to. As a result I have slashed the research time it takes by not having to rely on letters, or books to come out etc etc.

Knowing eventually TPTB would catch up to people like me I was often too frightened to go to certain sites and whatnot, but finally I came to an understanding within myself and really started using the net in more efficient ways...the results I have gotten would have taken decades rather than yrs as in the past. Of course this is something that must be stopped and punished!

Also, what a very convenient way to silence and round us all up! Believe me this use to scare me and reduce me to quivering in my socks! Finally I decided to not take full advantage of the resources available to my WHILE I have access to them was just fear based and stupid.

Add to this how easy it becomes to frame a person and use internet history as PROOF. It reminds me of the main character in 1984 and how his job was to constantly be *updating* history.

I suppose it all boils down to individuals getting past their fear and also using sound judgment about risk versus results.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Problem, Reaction and Solution ....

This is merely more of the Patriot Act in action.

They will never fix the REAL problem but will only focus BLAME on one select group of individuals used to garner the public's support in continuing the ultimate goal of stripping more of our fundamental Constitutional Rights away to gain global domination.

I was just thinking of how few Terrorist attacks we've seen in more peaceful nations such as Austria, Belgium, Canada or Switzerland ?

I've traveled extensively through those nations and never ever had to fear for my life while visiting there.

Perhaps we should take a look at ourselves and our actions worldwide and what really is causing all of this so called terrorism ?

But it only proves that they are fully aware of this fact and thus why they are using the war on terrorism to implement their goal of The New World Order beginning by silencing those on the Internet from discussing it.

Maybe it's time for a HAM Radio license after all...

PEACE.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'm afraid the only threat I see on the internet is the Government sponsored enforcement efforts which seek to stifle speech.

The only only threat I am realistically seeing in America are the people and agencies we trusted to find and keep us safe from threats in the first place.

The pursuit of 'threats' have BECOME the threat! If 10 years without retaliatory strikes to America, as we systematically killed every leader they had, isn't enough to call victory then what will be??

I guess we're in for drafts, compulsory military service and a new reality of long term generational warfare. I don't see how else this can be described. The enemy is fighting back where they LIVE...and we'd be crazy to be surprised by that. However....I've entirely lost sight of just what REAL threat we're still fighting here in terms of OUR homeland and OUR nation. If we were looking to prove deterrence....3,000 or so American dead have cost the enemy and nearby civilians at LEAST 100,000 (and most figures are radically higher) of their own. If 33:1 isn't deterrence....Nothing ever will be.

Just my two cents again....but I'm so sick of hearing of new threats and bogeymen I could throw up. Aunt Janet needs retirement, Obama needs prosecuted and America..well.. We ALL need to step back, take a deep breath and reassess just what makes a real world enemy vs. the imagined picture of one.

Do these people leading us even stop to think, we have High School Graduates today who don't even have a true recollection of what the United States looked like to live in during PEACE? Startling to stop and consider.....which obviously, none of them have.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
There are so many similarities between Germany in 1933 and what is happening in the USA today its scary.
The so called Patriot Act is very similar to the the German „Verordnung zum Schutz von Volk und Staat“ (Reichstag Decree) which is considered as undemocratic today.
Now Homeland Security goes for the Internet, just like Hitlers Gestapo burned Books - for the same alleged reasons.
Everytime I read the term "un-american" it reminds me of "un-deutsch" in Nazi-Germany.

Its the same # all over again... we can either learn from our history, or repeat it.

"Germany lost World War 2, Fascism won." George Carlin
edit on 11-9-2011 by ColCurious because: addition

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I keep seeing this statement from the MSM.. "The American public has affirmed they are willing to give up a few rights to be kept safe" My question is who did? I was never asked , I never voted for such a thing , I would never give up my rights and freedoms for the sake of their false sense of security.. The MSM need to quit putting words in our mouths, and report the news and quit judging.!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

The thing that initially opened my eyes to this fact was a very early Tea Party event, one of the very first on youtube. I was watching all the vids of their events I could find and reading the signs.

I saw one that stopped me in my tracks! It read simply:

Soviet Jew.... I am NERVOUS

I started looking at comparisons to what is happening in our country now... I found plenty so I sought out some Russian immigrants I just to work with and what they said was....hahahhaha you Americans have zero clue what a power vacuum is...or what it means

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Se7enex

Over 1 million Iraqis have been killed since our occupation, and that is just Iraqis. It really is disgusting.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The greatest threat to homeland security?

Karma.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Yaaawwn... What else is new ? To the paranoid wankers at homeland security everything is a threat... Am amazed that they're brave enough to manage to crawl out from under their rocks erm.. out of bed in the morning..

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Yaaawwn... What else is new ? To the paranoid wankers at homeland security everything is a threat... Am amazed that they're brave enough to manage to crawl out from under their rocks erm.. out of bed in the morning..

Did you see the inches thick blast/bullet proof glass President Obama had to stand behind today?

If the message is that we are winning the war on terror.... Why are they so overtly afraid??

Especially of freedom?

They know what is coming, they can sense it too, they don't know exactly when, where, how or why... They are afraid... Our freedoms are the vulnerability the enemies will exploit most.

The 'terrorists' have won, the US economy is failing, US wealth and power is diminished and being transferred to the rest of the world... We are weakened prey for our enemies, who will strike at the most advantageous time and place, leaving us few if any new options for retaliation that haven't already been pounded nearly into oblivion.

Hooked and reeled in, no escape now.

No one could see this coming?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
And the biggest BS in all of this is that

The ones they really should look out for are NOT going to be on the internet
OR using a mobile phone, OR walking through a TSA scanner at an airport

Bingo!
You could send the plans to take out any key political figure , with the who is where whenn bwith what weapons down to the second if you sent it via us postal service and homeland security would never catch it.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea

You could send the plans to take out any key political figure , with the who is where whenn bwith what weapons down to the second if you sent it via us postal service and homeland security would never catch it.

You could also use encryption methods to embed coded messages into files posted on the internet, or develop coded messages in plain text that only the intended recipients would be able to decode and use, and you could do this on Facebook, or any social networking site, even on sites like ATS... They would likely only discover the methods and coded content when it is useless to them... The point of origin (poster/sender) would be difficult to trace, the intended recipients could be anyone who accessed and viewed/downloaded that content... That could be in the thousands.

Fact is, foreign 'terrorists' and/or operatives "celled" inside the USA prefer the above methods of communication over all other forms available to them.... Especially for time sensitive messages, instructions and orders.... Then there are always cell phones when the activity can be made to look completely inconspicuous.

You wont catch them using e-mails, or the US postal service.

edit on 11-9-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I live in Canada. Last winter I went to read a Canadian article on a Canadian site which is hosted on a server in Montreal, which is also in Canada. OK so far?

When I clicked on the link to the article, my browser gave me the 'unable to connect' white page. However the URL read something as follows: "ICE=flagURL/flag IP

Yes, I am kicking myself for not having taken a screen capture. However, what the heck was the DHS doing monitoring my activities? Guess I won't even have to ask whose list I'm on.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
This only goes to prove that if you use facebook, myspace, twitter etc.... the Terrorist win!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join