Afghanistan — A suicide bomber driving a truck attacked an advance NATO combat post in central Af

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Afghanistan — A suicide bomber driving a truck attacked an advance NATO combat post in central Afghanistan, wounding 89 people including 50 American soldiers, the US Army said Sunday.

www.google.com...

JALALABAD, Afghanistan — A Taliban suicide bomber driving a truck attacked an advance NATO combat post in central Afghanistan, wounding 89 people including 50 American soldiers, the US Army said Sunday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 11-9-2011 by hotbread because: title
edit on Sun Sep 11 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that it is on the 10 year anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
Bin Laden might be dead but terrorism is still thriving, and the war goes on...
My heart goes out to all the people affected by this attack. and I hope one day there won't be hate from either side.

www.google.com...
edit on Sun Sep 11 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I'm calling a load of bs.

just stinks..

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda don't exist.

This is indeed sad news but it's always about us, the invaders. The guys with scary guns and tanks and bombers. We never hear about the civilian deaths we've caused.
edit on 11-9-2011 by Se7enex because: addition

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbread

Why is the US still in Afghanistan? I thought it was "mission accompolished" after OBL was 'killed'.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Maybe we need more oil?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I'm calling a load of bs.

just stinks..

Already?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Hey man, your url is deformed or something

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
and what about the several 100.000 civilians that were murderd?

where is THEIR news article? huh?

i'm not saying those soldiers deserved that but i''m almost at that point, i've had it with the unjustified occupations.

you choose to go to war, you deserve EVERYTHING that's coming your way.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
Hey man, your url is deformed or something

just google the article.

several sources found.

here's one

www.dawn.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

oh well still not coming close to the amount of innocent people the us has killed, couple of mil short

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Se7enex
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Maybe we need more oil?

oil and fear
the two biggest comodities

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Agreed. We sit here and call these people fighting our troops terrorists but all they are really doing is fighting against a foreign occupation. I am positive Americans would do the exact same. It's a tragedy that people actually go to war, especially one as unjust as this. If our soldiers lay down there guns, if everyone quit the army, I think the world might understand that we aren't so bad, we've just been brainwashed by the media to believe everything we are told.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbread

It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that it is on the 10 year anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
Bin Laden might be dead but terrorism is still thriving, and the war goes on...
My heart goes out to all the people affected by this attack. and I hope one day there won't be hate from either side.

[url=http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jLwr0cf4zpV-3SFMypu8bZdQsqqA?docId=CNG.da70d7dead7770eedf43101a078fc471.3e1]www.google.com[/ur l]

We have killed countless people in Afghanistan. Taliban, Al CIAduh, and innocent civilians. My question to you is, what makes you think this attack has anything to do with terrorism or 9/11? Is it not just as possible that this could simply be a revenge attack? One single lone person who maybe had his family killed in US airstrikes?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Makes you wonder about the credible but unconfirmed report of an attack. It was supposed to be car / truck bombs in the US.

Maybe intel got it all right except for the location.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Kind of hard to argue the intent behind it when the Taliban claim responsbility for the attack.

It was a suicie bomber and the base was intentionally targeted. Why does it matter what its referred to as?

I prefer the term homocide bomber, they use suicide bomber.... who cares..
edit on 11-9-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Fixed link

Afghan Taliban suicide attack wounds 50 US soldiers
edit on 11-9-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Se7enex
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Agreed. We sit here and call these people fighting our troops terrorists but all they are really doing is fighting against a foreign occupation. I am positive Americans would do the exact same. It's a tragedy that people actually go to war, especially one as unjust as this. If our soldiers lay down there guns, if everyone quit the army, I think the world might understand that we aren't so bad, we've just been brainwashed by the media to believe everything we are told.

i share your sentiment.
great mind thinks alike

offtopic:
is that you on that photo?
if so, you're absolutely beautiful!

(not coming on to you, just needed to say this)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I, as Muslim, feel the need to reply here.

Yes, the US is occupying Afghanistan. But without the occupation, Afghanistan would be worse. It's a corrupt country, with idiots (calling themselves Taliban) who don't send their children to school, but teach them how to behead people that work for the government.

I so wish Afghanistan to become like Turkey: Islamic but also modern, with freedom, democracy etc.

There's no way one can justify all the acts of Taliban. Some seem to be good, fighting off the occupants (that kill civilists, too, btw) and some are just murderers.

But oh, I forgot, Taliban is a product of the US...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
It seems the number of wounded has gone up

The number has went up to 77

Bomb at US base in Afghanistan wounds 77 Americans

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — Nearly 80 American soldiers were wounded and two Afghan civilians were killed when a Taliban truck bomb struck an American base in eastern Afghanistan on the eve of the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terror attacks against the United States, NATO said Sunday.

Fewer than 25 Afghan civilians were also wounded, NATO said, adding that none of the 77 injuries sustained by the Americans were life-threatening. Spokesman Maj. Russell Fox said Sunday that all the international troops at the combat outpost are American.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join