It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Jerry Erwin An American Fighting With The Rebels In Libya But Never Fought a War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Source

He had no parents to grow up with, lived in a foster care system

He grew steely strong after his mother died when he was 10 and he landed in California's foster care system. Before he earned a high school diploma, he enlisted in the U.S. Army and trained in air assault operations with the storied 101st Airborne Division.

and this what happens when you watch to much CNN or the mainstream news

He acted after watching weeks of coverage of the Libyan war. Erwin, 46, was especially struck by the images of amateur rebels fighting the professional army of strongman Moammar Gadhafi. Everyone thought the rebels would get slaughtered, that they had no chance of victory.

Erwin knew then he had to go; to play a part, however small, in helping them win. He had prepared for war all his life, after all. And never fought in one.

Libya would be his big chance to defend the American ideals in which he believed. Freedom. Democracy. Equality.

U.S. foreign policy in Afghanistan and Iraq. But in Libya, the situation was crystal clear to Erwin. Gadhafi had to go. To him, it was like ridding the world of Adolf Hitler.

CNN attempted to contact both the U.S. Army and the FBI for comment. While the FBI declined comment, the military did not return calls in time for publication. But Erwin firmly believes he did nothing wrong. He said he stuck to his moral compass.

So the question now is Jerry Erwin a spy by the military or a simple spolied rich nutcase kid who has been brainwashed to much by the mainstream news either way this the worst form of propaganda i have seen to date and also he said this.

But it was worth it. It was a teenage dream coming true. He felt as much personally fulfilled as he was to see the rebels take control of town after town.

a dream to come true really now? now i wonder who gave him the money to go to libya in the first place? so what do you all think of this nutcase?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
It's interesting that he specialized in counterintelligence and strategic analysis. Seems that he's the perfect candidate to go over and train people. It's weird how that worked out so well. Typical propaganda piece. They even compare Gaddafi to Hitler, which is absurd.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
im confused, how can you be a spoiled rich kid when you grow up in foster care after your mother dies when youre 10 years old? please explain.

"propaganda" is a funny word, as it doesnt just apply to people whos opinions you disagree with.. you might want to take a long hard look at yourself if you want to be taken seriously by anyone with eyes and ears and a brain that connect them.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I think its cool. In a nutshell (pardon the pun) he was just one guy who said, "This is a war I want to be part of, this is an evil I want to fight!" Just a dude with a hapy trigger, balls of steel and the added benefit of not having to enlist in any army of any sorts. Just dont your bandana and voala. "Do you need a gun Mr Smith"? "No thank you Ahmed, I brought my own..."

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
im confused, how can you be a spoiled rich kid when you grow up in foster care after your mother dies when youre 10 years old? please explain.

"propaganda" is a funny word, as it doesnt just apply to people whos opinions you disagree with.. you might want to take a long hard look at yourself if you want to be taken seriously by anyone with eyes and ears and a brain that connect them.

Well then who gave him the money for libyan tickets? and for someone who was working on counterintelligence analys part that ries the question of the story by CNN.

secondally propaganda can stand for many things so in other words this was a propaganda piece by CNN and that the fact it was only CNN who had and did this story only.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb
It's interesting that he specialized in counterintelligence and strategic analysis. Seems that he's the perfect candidate to go over and train people. It's weird how that worked out so well. Typical propaganda piece. They even compare Gaddafi to Hitler, which is absurd.

Propoganda even occurs when all the info is present, yet someone leaves key words out in order to paint a picture that is not there.

As an example, the guy the article is covering made the comparison between Ghadaffi and Hitler, not CNN or whoever "they" are.

@you and Agent -

What part of freedom do you guys fail to understand? This guy went their on his own, not as a tool for the Government. Since the article covers how he went their and why, and how he padi for it, implying something different with nothing to back it up is.....

wait for it.....

propoganda.

Ironic

Btw Agent - We are still waiting on you to proivide us a list of news outlets you deem worthy, since you state everything the West posts is a lie. Interestingl enough, and I pointed this out in some other threads of yours, that you dont seem to have an issue using western media when it supports your agenda.

The moment it doesnt, you discount it.

What media sources do you consider credible?

What was the purpose of posting this article since it comes from a news source you claim is not reliable / corupt?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by PhantomLimb

Propoganda even occurs when all the info is present, yet someone leaves key words out in order to paint a picture that is not there.

As an example, the guy the article is covering made the comparison between Ghadaffi and Hitler, not CNN or whoever "they" are.

@you and Agent -

What part of freedom do you guys fail to understand? This guy went their on his own, not as a tool for the Government. Since the article covers how he went their and why, and how he padi for it, implying something different with nothing to back it up is.....

wait for it.....

propoganda.

Ironic

Btw Agent - We are still waiting on you to proivide us a list of news outlets you deem worthy, since you state everything the West posts is a lie. Interestingl enough, and I pointed this out in some other threads of yours, that you dont seem to have an issue using western media when it supports your agenda.

The moment it doesnt, you discount it.

What media sources do you consider credible?

What was the purpose of posting this article since it comes from a news source you claim is not reliable / corupt?

So i guess then if its freedom for supporting and backing terrorists by going over there?

Since you have a problem with my views what t was the purpose of you replying in the thread then?

nice try with insults as for the alternavtives to the western media i prefer RT Russia Today but people like you seem to have a problem with them and cliam that its pushing the russian agenda.

Well then BBC,CNN and Qatars al jazeera are pushing an western british agenda.
edit on 11-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Well then who gave him the money for libyan tickets?

He is a grown man... Maybe he had... I don't know.. a job? You know those places where they give you money in exchange for helping them run their business?

Looks like an older man who is too old to for getting back in to the US army and he missed the action....

That is the impression I get.
edit on 11-9-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I don't know.. a job? You know those places where they give you money in exchange for helping them run their business?

well no doubt a government job.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

No doubt? I have doubt...

Feel free to ease my doubt about what kind of job he had....

Sure he was in the military before. But I see no mention of what kind of Job he had when he decided to go to libya.

So.... Yeah, there is doubt that he had a government job. I see no reason to believe he is any kind of spy for the US or that he is currently working for the government in any way.

Just an old man who misses his army days and has a gross fascination with going to combat.

Well, he did... Maybe he can finally move on.

Take care.

edit on 11-9-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Not attacking you or posting lies. I am however using the thread you created to further the discussion of propoganda and whats considered a valid media outlet. As I said before, you attack western media except when it runs a story that you agree with - case in point, this thread.

Not only have you used a western source, which you have railed against in the past, you have also insinuated facts that arent present, namely that the guy works for the US government. You hate the US so much that you are just blind to any information that doesnt agree with you.

Nowhere does it say the guy works for the US Government. We know your feelings towards the US, the West, and the Rebels who kicked Ghadaffis wussy butt out of power.

You need to learn how to sperate your personal feelings from media accounts. All you have done is misrepresent a story in an effort to support your argument.

See how that works? Propoganda come full circle back to your argument.

I notice you remain quiet though about the mercenaries Ghadaffi hired to fight the rebels. So its only wrong if its America / American?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

I agree that it's a complete propaganda piece.. ridding the World of Hitler? Please.. Libya (was) one of the most prosperous and liberal nations in the Arab World.

Until NATO bombed it back into the stone age.... Her people went from living by Middle Eastern standards a very well to do life .. to a third World country. Just so little pricks like Erwin can feel they saved them by pressing "American ideas" on them.

Not that we actually know the political ideologies of the rebels.. if it's anything like Egypt it will be a totalitarian military regime.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I don't know.. a job? You know those places where they give you money in exchange for helping them run their business?

well no doubt a government job.

"no doubt" you know all about duplicitous people in govt jobs... what govt do you work for again?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

This is the first respectable member of the military I've ever seen. Rather than sit around and wait for the government to screw everything up, he knew they are good for nothing, you can't rely on them for anything.. EVER. And, he knew the way you do this is that you do them your self in a voluntary way.

Like Israel? Want to support them in a war? Fine, then grab an AK-47, M16, or whatever gun you like, then get a plane ticket and do it your self. But don't you dare ask your congressman to rip money out of MY hands and then use that to pay SOMEONE ELSE to do it for you.

While the guy was a complete idiot, he clearly had his head on straight when it comes to ethics and moral values. The story is somewhat believable but of course you never really know when it originates in the MSM.

new topics

top topics

join