It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM speaks out against TPTB!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
For all you older and/or country folk out there you might not know who im talking about when i say Lupe Fiasco. Hes a main stream rapper who's played on the radio, mtv, and any other media outlet you can think of. Earlier this year (not exactly new news) he came out with his album "lasers". A song on his album is called "words i never said". In this song he pretty much name problem after problem, conspiracy after conspiracy. Heres the lyrics and the music video.

"Words I Never Said" (feat. Skylar Grey) [Skylar Grey] It’s so loud Inside my head With words that I should have said! As I drown in my regrets I can’t take back the words I never said I can’t take back the words I never said [Lupe Fiasco]I really think the war on terror is a bunch of bull# Just a poor excuse for you to use up all your bullets How much money does it take to really make a full clip 9/11 building 7 did they really pull it Uhh, And a bunch of other cover ups Your childs future was the first to go with budget cuts If you think that hurts then, wait here comes the uppercut The school was garbage in the first place, that's on the up and up Keep you at the bottom but tease you with the uppercrust You get it then they move it so you never keeping up enough If you turn on TV all you see’s a bunch of “what the #s” Dude is dating so and so blabbering bout such and such And that ain't Jersey Shore, homie that's the news And these the same people that supposed to be telling us the truth Limbaugh is a racist, Glenn Beck is a racist Gaza strip was getting bombed, Obama didn’t say # That's why I ain't vote for him, next one either I’ma part of the problem, my problem is I’m peaceful And I believe in the people. [Skylar Grey] It’s so loud inside my head With words that I should have said! As I drown in my regrets I can’t take back the words I never said I can’t take back the words I never said [Lupe Fiasco - Verse 2] Now you can say it ain't our fault if we never heard it But if we know better than we probably deserve it Jihad is not a holy war, wheres that in the worship? Murdering is not Islam! And you are not observant And you are not a muslim Israel don’t take my side cause look how far you’ve pushed them Walk with me into the ghetto, this where all the Kush went Complain about the liquor store but what you drinking liquor for? Complain about the gloom but when’d you pick a broom up? Just listening to Pac ain't gone make it stop A rebel in your thoughts, ain't gon make it halt If you don’t become an actor you’ll never be a factor Pills with million side effects Take em when the pains felt Wash them down with Diet soda! Killin off your brain cells Crooked banks around the World Would gladly give a loan today So if you ever miss a payment They can take your home away! [Skylar Grey] It’s so loud inside my head With words that I should have said! As I drown in my regrets I can’t take back the words I never said, never said I can’t take back the words I never said [Lupe Fiasco - Verse 3] I think that all the silence is worse than all the violence Fear is such a weak emotion that's why I despise it We scared of almost everything, afraid to even tell the truth So scared of what you think of me, I’m scared of even telling you Sometimes I’m like the only person I feel safe to tell it to I’m locked inside a cell in me, I know that there’s a jail in you Consider this your bailing out, so take a breath, inhale a few My screams is finally getting free, my thoughts is finally yelling through [Skylar Grey] It’s so loud Inside my head With words that I should have said! As I drown in my regrets I can’t take back the words I never said

i bolded parts of the lyrics i thought were significant

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
You can look up a lot more on Lupe Fiasco, Bill O' Rielly called him onto his show because he called obama a terrorist and they debate about that.

Theres tons of stuff...

the point of all this is just to let you all know some of MSM wants the truth spread pretty much...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
What does a Lupe Fiasco song have anything to do with the Main Stream Media "speaking out" against TPTB. Sensational topic title much.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Or maybe something like this doesn't reflect the entity we call "MSM"

But i really do like the song. Not big on rap and hippity hoppity but this is a good listen.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
He is part of main stream MEDIA (music is definately a form of media)....A
He speaks out against the powers that be (government, banks, war, etc.)...B
It's EXCITING to see people speak the truth to the public (so i put the "!")...C

A+B+C=D

D=MSM speaks out against TPTB!

seems reasonable and not sensational to me, idk.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED
the point of all this is just to let you all know some of MSM wants the truth spread pretty much...

Actually, no, they don't. They (Atlantic records) didn't want this album to drop... Ns had to stick it to the man to get this album out... but they (atlantic records) forced him to change some things around, compromises etc. etc. and actually that hook by skylar gray was suppose to be for a "love song" but Lu said bun that and said what he spit in those bars.

Actually, because of the protest Lupe dropped this freestyle as a thank you to his real fans... it actually fits waaaaaaaay more better than the song you chose for the op... BMF... (building minds faster - lupe, blowing money fast - rozay, black mafia family - diddy... etc.)

www.youtube.com...

Also, Lu's from chi city... dirty politics and people from there
His dad was a black panther
Lupe has VERY islamic point of view which he tries to hide minimally
He believes he was abducted by an alien (hmmm... what's that islamic group that is really strong/relevant in chi city that has some "quack" beliefs about aliens and stuff)

Who is Lupe Fiasco?
edit on 11-9-2011 by Nastradamus because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2011 by Nastradamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
He's far from the first MSM rapper or musician that does that, even I have made songs that do.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

He is part of main stream MEDIA

If this ↑ were true, or even if you felt that it was true, then why did you feel inclined to open with this ↓ ????

For all you older and/or country folk out there you might not know who im talking about when i say Lupe Fiasco.

If he was so mainstream, then wouldn't we all know who he is?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Not MSM

Second line..

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
This is the kind of sensationalist thread that should be deleted.
I expected BBC or Fox news to have run a piece about TPTB?!?!
Not some rapper who needed explaining who he was to have wrote one song.
I almost didn't post but this is ridiculous -akin to saying that UK soccer players are all racist scum because a sunday league player is in the BNP. .
Wish you could have negative flags for a topic

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

Roger freaked when Stan refused to buy grenadine syrup, impeding an aliens desire for a cool, refreshing Roy Rogers. Roger wages war against Stan, becoming Roy Rogers McFreely and taking power over the Homeowner's Association. There are a few references to Cilantro, an upcoming recording talent admired by both Stan and Roger.

When I realized you weren't hip to the sounds of Cilantro I heaved a heavy sigh, took a sip of cheap generic 'kola' and lit a cigarette. I've lost all hope for mankind.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
k screw all you guys...
ill just say my thread sucks so it can be over

i thought it was cool though.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

I'ma part of the problem, my problem is I'm peaceful...

Thankyou for that link to MSM on YouTube. I love music and good messages like dat. I saw myself...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

I replied to your thread and then read your last post before mine...

I dug your thread and link to vid of MSM. Don't get bent or broken with others stormy replies... BEND with the wind.
You must be a human being cause you care and strive to convince others. The Vultures see it as weakness and pounce. They the problem, not a caring heart. You is the solution. Peace brother.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

I'm glad he squeezed in those lyrics and coupled it with a good background singer. Hopefully the kids will stop and actually listen to the lyrics he is saying. With over 7 Million views, I hope it sows a seed somewhere.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Well, where are the protest songs? What happened to that? They were so common in the 60s and 70s, yet today, nothing? Then again, there's a pattern to this:

1910s and 1920s - ragtime, flappers and excess
1930s - depression and depression era protest music ("Brother can you spare a dime?")
1940s - war, patriotic hymns
1950s - prosperity, but jingoism against cold war, shake, rattle and role
mid-1960s through 1970s - protest music, '___', actual protesting
late 1970s through 2000 - Disco, (Punk,) Hairbands, (Early Rap,) Metal, (Grunge,) disposable pop, boybands, (Gangsta Rap,) Techno
2001-2011 - 9/11, patriotic hymns, recession, depression? more pop music

What am I getting at? I'm not even sure because I'd have to fact check this to really stand by it. But, since I don't have all night, I'll just get to the point:

The music reflects the times - careless and silly in good times, patriotic in times of war, but also calling for protest in the bad times (including the times of war). What seems to have happened since the protest movements including the civil rights, is a sort of compartmentalization of taste that no longer deals entirely with ethnicity or regional factors. In the period after the Vietnam war through today, there seems to have been an over all multiculturalization of music. By multicultural, I don't mean ethnicity, I mean subculture: punk, gay, preppy, conservative, religious, hippy, grunge, goth, disco (techno), innercity, ghetto, country, prison, etc.

Whatever the case may be, the less connected we are through our music, the harder it is for us to find "rallying themes" such as those of the Wood Stock generation - Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix and so forth. I'm not saying different types of music are a bad thing, but it's a shame that rather than embracing them all, we seem to ignore the ones that don't speak to us as a group. For example, a person might not listen to country, but not because the music isn't good, rather because the message is not in synchronicity with their worldview. The same might go for innercity life reflected through rap.

The only convergence zone seems to be Pop music - that nebulous, theme-less, anything-goes-as-long-as-it-is-Media-sanctioned, ambiguous category. Let's not forget what "Pop" is short for: popular. Let's also not forget what the real meaning of "popular" is. It doesn't have to do with the prom queen and the quarterback (though that is an interesting thing to analyze if we want to look at the core semantic framing that might go on with that word).

Popular means "of the populous", "known or common among the people". There's your problem in a nut shell. The one "genre" of music that is "known or common among the people" is the one that is most corporately controlled, most scrutinized by bean counters, "cool" mavens and fashionistas.

Ironically, to gain the nomenclature "Pop(ular)", one would think the music should be collectively decided by the masses. So, I guess that is my point pertaining to Lupe Fiasco. I don't watch MTV anymore...stopped right around the time the M stopped meaning music...maybe lasted another few years after that. At any rate, is his music being played on MTV?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
the only time i have ever heard this song on tv was in the background for an upcoming movie trailer in a commercial (but they only played the girls lines, not lupe's). that song/video never gets played on tv or the radio. (gee i wonder why). i had to watch it on youtube or else i wouldn't even have known about this song. the msm seem to stick with just playing his other song "the show goes on".

new topics

top topics

join