It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Bush...a Christian?

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Now, I'm pretty sure we've all heard Bush call himself a "born-again" Christian, but I'm not sure he's anything remotely close to the sort. I remember being in Church not too long ago, and the God they told me about was a kind God, not a war seeking God(as Bush has claimed God told him to strike Afghanistan and Iraq), and my God forgave people, but Bush seems to have an unrelenting grudge against Iraq, it's leader and it's people. What scares me the most is that my mom's boyfriend told me that this has been the most Christian White House in over 100 years. Correct me if I'm wrong but, I don't think Bush's God and the Christian God are one in the same.


And if you or me said God talked to us we'd get locked in a nuthouse, but the President of the United States does not?! That's another scary thought!




posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
If Bush is a Christian then I'm a Vermicious Knid



posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Another thing that saddens me is that all of my Christian friends say there backing Bush because of what a "religious" guy he is. I think he's leading Christian people astray from there faith to win votes.



posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TenaciousGuy
Another thing that saddens me is that all of my Christian friends say there backing Bush because of what a "religious" guy he is. I think he's leading Christian people astray from there faith to win votes.


I agree with you completely. My entire family is voting for Bush on the sole grounds that he is a Christian. I told them "John Kerry says he's a Christian," and they respond, "He's not sincere." That's what they say about every democrat though. In the South, if you are a Republican, you are a Christian, and if you are a Democrat, you are lying about it.

It's truely sad.



posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I will admit I do not go to church. It really isn't my thing. I have a big problem with people who put their time in a couple hours a week at church, write a check for their weekly tithing and then think they are somehow better than everyone else or that this insignificant deed somehow makes up for everything they did the other 164ish hours of the week. I have the same opinion of people who think that claiming they are "born again" somehow gives them a get out of jail free card. Maybe... and this is a big maybe... it makes up for what you have done in the past. But it certainly won't allow you to continue to act outside of the rules. In my opinion that makes you worse. Because in my opinion that means you have lied to the lord. That kicks you pretty far down the ladder.

What you do those 2 hours on Sunday isn't what determines who/what you are. Its what you do the other 164 hours of the week. This is where Bush comes in. Claim you are Christian all you want. Claim you are born again all you want. Actions speak louder than words.



posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Wow, I don't see any Pro-Bushies jumping in trying to defend him on this issue, could be because you were right? Actions do speak louder than words? People call Kerry a hypocrite(which he is I won't lie), but Bush is just as guilty, if not more, of doing the same thing, saying one thing a doing another, and religion is something not too many people flip flop on.



posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
It's either for Bush or against Bush, or in Bush's world
for God or against God.
He uses God as justification for war. I don't approve of that at all
and no I certainly don't think he is a true Christian.



posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Don't the terrorists use god as a justification for their type of war too?



posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JabbaOnTheDais

Originally posted by TenaciousGuy
Another thing that saddens me is that all of my Christian friends say there backing Bush because of what a "religious" guy he is. I think he's leading Christian people astray from there faith to win votes.


I agree with you completely. My entire family is voting for Bush on the sole grounds that he is a Christian. I told them "John Kerry says he's a Christian," and they respond, "He's not sincere." That's what they say about every democrat though. In the South, if you are a Republican, you are a Christian, and if you are a Democrat, you are lying about it.

It's truely sad.
You know, this is the sort of comment that some of the very religious old people tell me at work and I want to
because it is so very evil, the very Idea that this president is a christian, passing himself off as one just makes me want to kneel down ( not very religious myself, but of faith) and ask God why are you allowing this very evil administration deceive these people?

I dont know how to handle it, so I havent said anything. I figure maybe somebody will have the "perfect" answer so that I can enlighten these people without disrespecting them. Anybody?



posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
You're right. Bush is doing the same thing the terrorists are doing.
Jihad.
Two wrongs don't make a right do they?



posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Yes they do, and like I said earlier, they have a different God then the Christain God.



posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TenaciousGuy
Yes they do, and like I said earlier, they have a different God then the Christain God.


Wrong they have the same god as the christian god... they just interpret the message slightly differently... in the end though the extremists from both sides distort their particular teaching and use it for ther own means.... by extremists i mean the likes of Bush and Osama.



posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Sounds to me like something out of the 16th century..alittle thing known as the "Inqusition" 'cept instead of burning at the stake, they're using incindiary explosives.

Lets face it Bush is clearly Insane (Junior and senior). I mean claims to be "born-again", and personally converses with Jesus.. Don't they institutionalize people for lesser things than that?



posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
First off, as I'm sure most of you know by now, I am not Christian, but if your going to judge, judge on deed not by what someone says...actions speak louder than words. I can talk constantly about being a blonde, I can say I have blonde hair till the planets fall from the sky, it won't mean I actually have blonde hair and it won't change the fact that it's so black it looks blue......if your gonna judge, by ones deed not mouth...JMHO here



posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
First off, as I'm sure most of you know by now, I am not Christian, but if your going to judge, judge on deed not by what someone says...actions speak louder than words. I can talk constantly about being a blonde, I can say I have blonde hair till the planets fall from the sky, it won't mean I actually have blonde hair and it won't change the fact that it's so black it looks blue......if your gonna judge, by ones deed not mouth...JMHO here


I'll judge if your hair is blonde or black, but seeing people can bleech or paint their hair, I'll need to see the region that rarely gets painted :p



And on subject. When I watch certain international tv channels on sundays, they usualy show all sorts of church services, going from normal Roman Catholic ones to some self proclaimed preachers and stuff like that.

There are all kinds of colors and flavours to christianity, just like there are to Islam and budhisme and every other religion.
As the thing under my name says, "Interpretation is a cage" Interpreting what 20 age old texts say that have been translated and rewriten over the ages is the best way to look stuppid imho.

Live your life to the fullest and try to be a force of good and fight the evil in the world. Thats the only religion anyone should have.

[edit on 24-8-2004 by thematrix]



posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'm dense...explain please......


Edited to add...no, it's really black




[edit on 8/24/2004 by LadyV]



posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Originally posted by thematrix


I'll judge if your hair is blonde or black, but seeing people can bleech or paint their hair, I'll need to see the region that rarely gets painted :p


I'm dense I guess......explain please...?


Not in public :p

DANG LadyV where you been all my life!!!


Nice to meet you!!

(ps. I'm a serious sucker for black haired smart chicks!! love the tattoo btw, a ladyfriend of mine has one in the exact same spot, just makes me go weak in the knees)


[edit on 24-8-2004 by thematrix]



posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by elaine
You're right. Bush is doing the same thing the terrorists are doing.
Jihad.
Two wrongs don't make a right do they?


Muslim's have Jihad,

Christian's have crusade

Bush is no christian in my book, I am not a religious person but i have christian friends and they don't like Bush at all, Christianity is a religion of peace (although 500 years ago it wasn't) and Bush is not a peaceful person

Bush's ideal world would be:



[edit on 24-8-2004 by UK Wizard]

[edit on 24-8-2004 by UK Wizard]

[edit on 24-8-2004 by UK Wizard]

[edit on 24-8-2004 by UK Wizard]



posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I'm dense...explain please......

Edited to add...no, it's really black

[edit on 8/24/2004 by LadyV]


I am far from Christian either.. off hand what path?

Historicly speaking Christians, or rather countries which have a strong influence from a Christian institution, do have a long record of using their faith as a backing to support the needs of military action. Look at the cruisaids starting in the 11th centruy and Constantine before that. All the way up through WWI WWII Korea, VN, Gulf... they all in one way or annother were entered into with the blessings of god. Most commonly the Christian god.

Dont get me wrong, Christians are not he only guilty party but they have been the most prevelant over the last 1100 years.

So one could say that Bush is a modle Christian from that point of view. I do know several christians who honestly follow the teachings, they are very mellow people who honestly care for other people and do not really speak of their beliefs unless asked. Sadly they are exception to the rule.

Just my 2 copper.

Wraith



posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TenaciousGuy
Now, I'm pretty sure we've all heard Bush call himself a "born-again" Christian, but I'm not sure he's anything remotely close to the sort. I remember being in Church not too long ago, and the God they told me about was a kind God, not a war seeking God(as Bush has claimed God told him to strike Afghanistan and Iraq), and my God forgave people, but Bush seems to have an unrelenting grudge against Iraq, it's leader and it's people. What scares me the most is that my mom's boyfriend told me that this has been the most Christian White House in over 100 years. Correct me if I'm wrong but, I don't think Bush's God and the Christian God are one in the same.


And if you or me said God talked to us we'd get locked in a nuthouse, but the President of the United States does not?! That's another scary thought!


It's not his action of war against Iraq that bothers me about his christianity (it may or may not turn out to be a good thing...i don't know), it's more of the fact that he's in Skull and Bones and goes to Bohemian Grove. Both of these groups involve dark rituals all of which are related to death or the sacrificing of a child (although the sacrifice is only faked), worshipping weird idols like an owl god for example etc, etc, etc.

Regardless if this is all just for "fun" and "isn't serious" as members like to try and pass it off, it doesn't matter in regards to bushes "christianity" because a christian shoulnd't be doing any of that even if it's pretending. And I truly doubt it's all just for "fun" anyways. No, I don't think bush is a christian. He may even think he is, but he's not when he participates in that stuff.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join