It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thought about U.S terrorism.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Second thread for tonight. Just a few things running through my head during this 911 anniversary.

As I was watching the news throughout the day and remembering all of the lives lost on 911. I flipped to another station and they were talking about how they had such a hard time keeping Mexican citizens from crossing the border.

So 2+2 math entered my thought process and I came up with the following.

In the last ten years. There have been no viable terrorist threat on U.S. soil and before 911 there was one terrorist act committed by an American name Timothy Mcveigh. And before that there were no terrorist acts in the U.S. by a foreigner that I'm aware of.

With that being said. Why is it that we have had 2 major Terrorist attacks in the U.S. in the history of the U.S. one of which was committed by an American. But for some odd reason we cannot keep Mexican Citizens from crossing our border?

This just doesn't add up to me.

You mean to tell me that we cannot keep Mexicans in Mexico but we can keep our country protected from all other Foreign Citizens? Why don't terrorist just enter into our country through Mexico? Apparently or Gov can't stop anyone from coming over the border.

I guess what I'm getting at. Our Gov agencies are so fantastic at their jobs, that they can stop every single terrorist in the world from coming into the U.S. but cannot keep a regular Mexican Citizen from crossing the border.

Something doesn't seem right with this. Draw your own conclusions here. But my thought is the threat of Terrorism from foreign countries isn't as high as the play it out to be. Just my thought.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Answer is because the whole terrorism threat is hyped up to make you feel unsafe. This way tptb can get away not only with implementinng a police state, but they can do it with the support of many of your citizens, who misguidedly think they are being protected.

If the threat was anything like they say youwould have been hit again many times by now. They tell you that the work they are doing is what has stopped this. That is not true.

It is rather like the story of the man stopped by the police for sprinkling white powder in the road. When asked he sais it was crockodile powder, to keep the crocks away. But there are no crocks on main street, said the police man. SEE! Said the fella, See how well the powder works!

edit on 11-9-2011 by Shamatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by bftroop

In the last ten years. There have been no viable terrorist threat on U.S. soil and before 911 there was one terrorist act committed by an American name Timothy Mcveigh. And before that there were no terrorist acts in the U.S. by a foreigner that I'm aware of.

Did you forget about the 1993 bombing of the WTC?

Remember, some guy named Ramsey Yousef and his uncle KSM?

Doesn't it count?

How about the idiot that tried to detonate a car bomb in Times Square in 2010? Shall I go on?

And we'll never secure our border with idiots like Obama mocking our efforts:

edit on 11-9-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
For the OP, what you are talking about is something many of us have pointed out on countless occasions.

Now as far as your history on terrorist attacks.... you can add the 1993 WTC bombing into that list. However you should probably dig deeper into each case.

The 1993 WTC bombing was actually put into motion by the FBI. This came out during the trial of the "terrorist" involved when it was proven that one of these "terrorist" was an FBI informant who recorded his phone conversations with his handlers and it turns out that not only did the FBI know it was going to happen, when it was going to happen, how it was going to happen, but they also provided all the bomb making materials.

The OKC bombing is still just as big a debate as 9/11 in some circles. There is PLENTY of evidence that suggest that not only did the Feds know it was going to happen but also played a part in the operation as well.

9/11 event: I am sure you are fully aware of that debate, no need for me to even bring up the various sides and points.

The real question to be asked is, has there ever been a true, legitimate terrorist attack on US soil?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

YOU ARE SOOOO RIGHT ON!
My sentiments exactly.
I cannot unerstand how so many people can actually base their existance on what the gov boys tell them.
Its time that every thinking person stand up and be counted.The majority of persons i speak with have suspicions about 9/11. Housewives,tradesmen, ordinary people, have all expressed doubts about the govermnt conspiracy theory as well as the collapses of the buildings.
The FBIs fingerprints are all over 9/11 as well, and they even had some contacts with the hijackers previous to the event.
Ive read where they(FBI agents) were helping one of the hijackers the west coast....pre 9/11
I think it was Hani Hanjour (sp) There is one huge mother of a cover up going on.
This is only possible if the goverment has almost compete control of mainstream media.
I remain in a quandry as to how to turn the whole thiing around, but am hopeful we can somehow do that.
The most effective weapon we have are the whistle blowers who have stepped up to tell us whats going on behind the scenes.
The trouble is getting that info out to the people.
We are being boxed in by the media.
Those of us who speak up are getting worn thin with it.
Its a never ending recital of facts that dont add up to the OS, and people who cant seem to get off their duff about it.
There are now so many discrepancies in the goverment version its hard to cover all of them before yer audience begins to wander.....If it werent for the odd person who grasps onto whats presented and begins to ask the right questions every once in a while,......well.......
It certainly looks as if a coup de etat by the intelligence services of america, took place some time ago.
Maybe i should say some rogue members of same.....
The Military,Intelligence, and Corporations rule the world now.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bftroop

There have been a lot of terrorist attacks on US soil...especially within the last 20 years.

The '90's were filled with attacks on abortion clinics, which is why so many have so much security today. There were the ones committed by foreigners.

I think, for future reference, you should dig a little deeper before making a thread declaring a total of two terrorist attacks in the past 20 years when there have, in fact, been dozens more than that.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Your puzzle has a very simple solution; namely, that there is no act of terrorism that is not governmentally sponsored false flag.

9/11 - False flag.
London tube bombing - False flag.
Madrid train bombing - False flag.
Bali bombing - I haven't looked into this one specifically, but for the sake of consistency, I will also assume false flag.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

I'm talking Foreign Terrorists. How many can you count. The two on the world trade center that would be 911 and The bombings that took place prior.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
seems the op has missed alot of history and cherry picked what matters

here at home the first world trade center attack

the failed attacks by the underwear bomber the shoe bomber thats just here at home

seem to be forgetting beirut,kobar towers and a number of embassy bombing and the uss cole.

addes up for me this nation has been at war with radical islam for the past 25 years and the only president to ever acknowledge it is the most hated most vilfied president we have had in that time.

the real reason people are upset with bush is because they know hes right but they just can admit it because whats more important national security or social programs?

which defeats the purpose without national secuirity there is nothing else no roads, no schools no hospitals and welfare programs that keep people fat and lazy and sitting on their butts when all someone has to do is strap a bomb on them or fly planes into buildings.

some people have majorly out of wchack sense of morality in this country

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bftroop
In the last ten years. There have been no viable terrorist threat on U.S. soil

How do you define "viable threat?" A threat that comes to fruition, or a threat that would have come to fruition if it had not been disrupted? Or are disrupted threats nonviable? Anyway, here are some recent terrorist attacks:

2009 Little Rock recruiting office shooting
The Fort Hood Shooting
The Beltway sniper attacks
The El Al shooting at LAX

and before 911 there was one terrorist act committed by an American name Timothy Mcveigh.

Here are some terrorist attacks committed by other Americans before 9/11:

The murder of Alan Berg
ELF and ALF arson
The Weathermen blow stuff up
Countless murders and other crimes committed by the KKK

And before that there were no terrorist acts in the U.S. by a foreigner that I'm aware of.

Here are some attacks by alien terrorists in the US before 9/11:

1993 WTC bombing
The Langley shootings
Galleanist bombings

If you include sabotage conducted before or during declared wars, the number increases significantly. As always, Wikipedia has a decent list.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234
reply to post by bftroop

There have been a lot of terrorist attacks on US soil...especially within the last 20 years.

The '90's were filled with attacks on abortion clinics, which is why so many have so much security today. There were the ones committed by foreigners.

I think, for future reference, you should dig a little deeper before making a thread declaring a total of two terrorist attacks in the past 20 years when there have, in fact, been dozens more than that.

Can I add the Longshoremen's grain attack on thursday and didn't they take hostages too? Also the violent protests in Wisconsin, The Jared Loughner guy, That nutbag who shot a bunch of people at the military base, and the guy who flew the plane into the IRS building.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

Don't forget there were also some who were caught at the US/Canadian borders a few years back with weapons and ingredients.for explosives But those were attempts not really much of a threat once they were behind bars

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

Originally posted by bftroop
In the last ten years. There have been no viable terrorist threat on U.S. soil

How do you define "viable threat?" A threat that comes to fruition, or a threat that would have come to fruition if it had not been disrupted? Or are disrupted threats nonviable? Anyway, here are some recent terrorist attacks:

2009 Little Rock recruiting office shooting
The Fort Hood Shooting
The Beltway sniper attacks
The El Al shooting at LAX

and before 911 there was one terrorist act committed by an American name Timothy Mcveigh.

Here are some terrorist attacks committed by other Americans before 9/11:

The murder of Alan Berg
ELF and ALF arson
The Weathermen blow stuff up
Countless murders and other crimes committed by the KKK

And before that there were no terrorist acts in the U.S. by a foreigner that I'm aware of.

Here are some attacks by alien terrorists in the US before 9/11:

1993 WTC bombing
The Langley shootings
Galleanist bombings

If you include sabotage conducted before or during declared wars, the number increases significantly. As always, Wikipedia has a decent list.

How many times do I have to say it. Terrorist attacks from outside the country. The original posting is talking about keeping foreign Terrorists out. Domestic terrorism we can't keep out of our country as it starts here. My perception here is about why our liberties are being stepped on because of 911. Why our gov continues to take our freedoms in the name of safety from outside terrorism. I understand there is domestic terrorism here.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Go educate yourself on the history of IRA in Ireland and ETA in spain, then you will have a better picture of what US terrorism means, state sponsored manslaughter. If there were real terrorists in the US you would not need the MSM to tell you about it, trust me.

new topics

top topics

join