It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Pakistan Flooding...Why isn't this being reported?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Arguably the biggest global story that is getting the least attention here in the west are the monsoon induced floods in Pakistan, India and Bangladesh. Pakistan is by far the hardest hit. Some 435 people have been killed and five million people affected by the seemingly endless rains.

Link to article

I've yet to see this being reported. I looked on various news websites and even did a search on Twitter. This is a huge flooding event. There are about 2 million people who have been rendered homeless in Pakistan, with about 5 million affected. Why is this not being reported more widely?

Here's a link to a story that was covered by the BBC a little less than a week ago:

BBC article

edit on 11-9-2011 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Because this is currently happening in the US as well. It is also the 9/11 anniversary tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Everyone I've asked so far had no idea it was happening. My best wishes go out to these people.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
The simple answer is no one cares about Pakistan.

To add the only Pakistanis I've ever known is the family who owns a bodega down the street from me.
I go there because they are courteous and seem like decent people.
I choose them over many corporate stores nearby staffed by inattentive unprofessional losers.
Is the tragedy in Pakistan worthy of wall to wall coverage on CNN? Probably.
But it's not sensational enough to garner the ratings necessary.
I'm sure there are thousands of good people suffering due to the floods and I wish them the best.
edit on 11-9-2011 by choppedbrisket because: Elaboration

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Maybe because this happens often? It's become the norm?
Maybe because the western media doesn't give a damn?
I dunno. Maybe because two stolen rental vans is oh so much more important?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I'm not going to pretend that I care what happens in Pakistan,but I do send my best wishes to the people there.

i'm sorry if that sounds harsh.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9

Everyone I've asked so far had no idea it was happening. My best wishes go out to these people.

Who's cares what happens to them. We have plenty of our own problems. I hope they all drown.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The western media has the power to inspire citizens of the Western world to rush around and organize telethons for the millions of victims of these floods, but they have not been directed to do that. I had the mistaken idea that Pakistan was an important U.S. ally. But then again so was Iraq and the the Afghani Mujaheddin.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Matthew
 3And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
 4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
 5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
 6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
 7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
 8All these are the beginning of sorrows.

The enemies of God aren't going to make it easy for anyone to connect the dots. Afterall, they are determined to keep you from waking up. And if you do start to wake up, they'll give you plenty of distractions, reasons and explanations to make you either simply shrug your shoulders, scratch your head or dismiss what God may be trying to tell humanity.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
The media is failing to report on a lot of things. They are not reporting that Japan is experiencing liquefaction and non-stop earthquakes. They were not reporting on the Nebraska nuclear plant when it was being over run with water. The continuing bird, fish, animal deaths....only find it when I do a search of local news. How about all the massive sinkholes that are forming in the U.S. and worldwide. Not to mention earthquakes and volcano eruptions are going through the roof.....Not a peep from main stream media. You may ask why? Because they are owned by the Illuminati and they do whatever they tell them. They don't want you to know everything is falling apart just yet.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrksstudios

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9

Who's cares what happens to them. We have plenty of our own problems. I hope they all drown.

You wish death upon someone really? You want them to die?

You need to find help.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
Matthew
 3And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
 6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
 7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

The enemies of God aren't going to make it easy for anyone to connect the dots. Afterall, they are determined to keep you from waking up. And if you do start to wake up, they'll give you plenty of distractions, reasons and explanations to make you either simply shrug your shoulders, scratch your head or dismiss what God may be trying to tell humanity.

You are right on target with this statement. The world is falling apart. The antichrist is about to take the stage with his alien deception and all. I don't know if the end time deception the Bible tells us about will be aliens but the media is really reporting on aliens....that is about the only thing they are reporting on. Nothing but misinformation by the enemy.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwell

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
Matthew

You are right on target with this statement. The world is falling apart. The antichrist is about to take the stage with his alien deception and all. I don't know if the end time deception the Bible tells us about will be aliens but the media is really reporting on aliens....that is about the only thing they are reporting on. Nothing but misinformation by the enemy.

OK then....

second line

new topics

join