It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reservists plan mass-casualty training exercise for 9/11 weekend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I don't know where I stand on who EXACTLY is responsible for 9/11. I am still to this day torn in too many different directions to point at any one source for the disaster. That being said, this really got my attention:

Mass Casualty Exercise on 9/11

So, does anyone here think that this another forewarning, kinda like the exercises being conducted on 9/11/2001 and before the London bombings? Or is this 9/11also gonna pass with a whimper, not a bang?!

FORT WORTH - Earlier this year, the Army Reserve heard the Air Force Reserve was planning a training exercise. They offered a 200-acre army reserve facility in White Settlement as a site for the exercise. Military leaders planned it for the first available weekend in September. Then, they began to take a closer look at the calendar. “A little bit later on we realized, 'Hey, that is the 9/11 weekend,'” said Lt. Colonel Dennis Snelling, of the 90th Aviation Support Battalion. “Then we thought 'Well, what a perfect time to showcase where we've been and how we've progressed over 10 years since the event.'” The training exercise is meant to mimic the effects of an explosion at a building. It includes 300 reservists and national guardsmen and another 300 first responders. This, at a time when Americans have been asked to be on alert for fear of another terrorist attack.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

already posted

but once again
remember how they were doing the drills on sep 11 2001..bit of a coincidence

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

Link me to it, please? I still can't find it....

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Honestly,this is nothing. And I think it's more common then we think,it's just being reported more now. And yea I think 9/11 is gonna pass without anything happening. I truly beileve it's gonna happen when we're not expecting it.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

I think I agree with you there. 'Expect it when you least expect it' is probably the reigning motto right now....

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

You guys know there are reservists doing training exercises almost every weekend, right? No reason to get panicky just because one happens to be on 9/11 ... or Samhain, Rosh Hashanah, International Women's Day, etc.
edit on 11-9-2011 by FurvusRexCaeli because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

The military is always doing drills

Fire, police, Ems departments also run regular drills - nothing here

Reason do drills is to be ready when the stuff doea hit the fan....

new topics

top topics

join