It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow, the background of the ATS wallpaper just turned into the fallen twin Trade Towers

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

I guess I should care more about everyone not just the Americans that died.

For some odd reason, I still feel they deserved it for attacking the trade centers and letting
terrorist run their nations. All the hate they have for America.

The sad thing is... you represent so many people that it's just insane.
And why would the average joe in any middle eastern country, who has been the victim of terrorism since the 70's/80's.... be responsible or "deserve" what they get because some group of nutters attacking the trade centre?

And then another group of nutters invades their country and murders their fellow citizens..... and continued to do so for a decade.

Seriously... it's people like you and statements like that, which prove and illustrate how and why TPTB are able to get away with the crap they pull and the constant vilification of Muslims...

Your government could do or say anything...invade any nation so long as they said it would protect you, and you'd back them... you'd support them and you wouldn't even question why.

People like you are dangerous.

edit on 12/9/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
reply to post by blupblup

What's the message... the point, I'm confused....

The point is the Billboard in New York city.

The billboard is claiming : "As we remember 9/11 ten years later , Al-Qaeda silent member is coming to New York".

That wasn't posted when we were discussing the images/background at ATS, if it was, I obviously overlooked it.

That is dodgy to say the least.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

For some odd reason, I still feel they deserved it for attacking the trade centers and letting terrorist run their nations.

So, if they deserve it for letting terrorists run their nations; then should the world ever take the US to task for its unjust wars what would be the appropriate "deserts" for the American people who allowed their government to act like terrorist bullies committing war crimes all over the world?

Will you be first in line to take your just punishment?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Actually though it was Ahmedi......yeah that guy.

I think the background is pretty clever, Showing some of the damages caused to both sides the Arabs and the Americans.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
"This content community relies on user-generated content from our member contributors. the opinions of our members are not those of the site ownership who maintains strict editorial agnosticism and simply provides a collaborative venue for free expression"
opinion is dont associate ats in this way with american elections or other public disaster areas. it might seem a user-friendly option , but just dont , because you said you wouldnt do things like that.
remember somewhere having read the terms about the global community , yada yada.
10 years are gone by , lets leave it behind now.

lets not have bias anywhere it gets us nowhere , saying please leave any images out of the top pages we use , even christmas bells and holly < its not a case of baa humbug it is resisting any stigmatisation

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I'm late to the the show, where is the controversial wallpaper? "it's not under the table" "it's gotta be somewhere"

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
So, those who needed to learned a little lesson in taking time to understand (research if necessary) what they are seeing rather then jumping to conclusion based on knee-jerk reactions and personal bias, no?

There is strong imagery in the background, IMHO.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/377c44332be1.png[/atsimg]

edit on 12-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno

For some odd reason, I still feel they deserved it for attacking the trade centers and letting terrorist run their nations.

So, if they deserve it for letting terrorists run their nations; then should the world ever take the US to task for its unjust wars what would be the appropriate "deserts" for the American people who allowed their government to act like terrorist bullies committing war crimes all over the world?

Will you be first in line to take your just punishment?

I personally was not involved with any of it..

Neither have I voted for any of them. I'm voting for paul 2012.

Not in the military nor do I plan on enlisting.

It just pissed me of to no end when Osama Bin Laden
indoctrinated and had his crew attack the states..

Something had to be done. Saddam was no good anyways, I enjoyed
watching him get hung he murdered thousands of kurds...

I wish only Bin Laden was killed in this whole mess. I do not like collteral damge
just as much as you do not.

Only God can judge me sir.

No matter what man does to me.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
So, those who needed to learned a little lesson in taking time to understand (research if necessary) what they are seeing rather then jumping to conclusion based on knee-jerk reactions and personal bias, no?

There is strong imagery in the background, IMHO.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/377c44332be1.png[/atsimg]

edit on 12-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

I think it is a very thoughtful mosaic.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Originally posted by elpistolero1
Let's not forget the people killed by the USA forces, may them rest in peace

I have no place in my heart for terrorists killed by US forces. They got what they deserved.
The next time Americans are killed by jihadis, I hope this member and those who starred this post remember these sentiments. And the next time. And the next time. And the next time.

I seriously doubt it will happen, but it's a fond hope that finally the penny might drop. Still, you just can't tell anyone anything, so I won't bother.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by StarPeace

Lets not forget Car Bombs set off by the Muslims themselves have killed more citizens then the coalition..

That is a proven fact.
I'd like to know what proof anyone could draw upon to support this statement since it is unquestionably a fact that coalition forces did not keep track of civilian death numbers for a long time in either Afghanistan or Iraq. This is the very essence of the controversy over the number of dead because the numbers can only be estimated by various groups using various methodologies.

Hey, believe whatever you like. The rest of your post makes it quite clear that, just like the majority of people who have produced estimates of the death toll during these conflicts, you have an agenda to promote. This is confirmed by your use of a non sequitur argument. You see, it just doesn't matter if, as an example, person X kills 20 ordinary people trying to go about their daily life and person A only kills 5, person A is still a murderer. When we step back into the real world and factor in everything we know about these events and the circumstances surrounding them, it becomes even clearer that there is no excuse for even 1 civilian death in either Afghanistan or Iraq.

The tell tale sign that everyone knows that wrong has been done is that those who support it keep making statements that sound like playground excuses.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Only God can judge me sir. No matter what man does to me.

Then perhaps you should not be judging the people of the middle east; including Bin Laden, based solely on what you hear and read in the puppet American media, and leave that up to God too. You might thus avoid the wrath of a better informed audience.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Something had to be done. Saddam was no good anyways, I enjoyed
watching him get hung he murdered thousands of kurds...

You Enjoyed it?

Really?

Man.... :shk:

I do not like collteral damge
just as much as you do not.

Or as those without their heads stuck up their asses call it...... Murder

I mean seriously....

It's not collateral damage when you target civilians, reporters... willy nilly drop bombs..... when you target the infrastructure of a nation and destroy its water supply, medical facilities and power supplies.

That's to prolong suffering and cause as much destruction as possible.

You really need to do some research and stop believing everything the government tells you.

Why are you even on ATS?

edit on 13/9/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
keywords: "ats new background image" on ATS search
directed to closed topic (con)
linked here (pro)

..i was just wondering, if maybe one day i'd see something innocuous or even PLEASANT in that background?
some flowers maybe?
a nice blue sky?
kittens?

why does it always *have* to be something 'confrontational' like this?

..and shouldn't the text say "saving the internet by proliferating tracking cookies one user at a time"?

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join