It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow, the background of the ATS wallpaper just turned into the fallen twin Trade Towers

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Kemal

Thanks for your support....we will win: up:

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Metropolis1927
But sorry ATS, I don't agree with the picture of Bin Laden

Someone needs to bone up on their awareness of events and imagery.

The picture at right, in the site skin for today, is a famous shot of an Afghani man looking for missing loved ones in the aftermath of a coalition push where many civilians were killed. I adjusted the image so that it's more obvious.

As the story goes, he's looking for his brother and his son. Crop of the full-size image is below, showing details of the pictures:

I was looking for, and anticipating using that exact picture for the skin today.

The full image below:

link to full-size version

Very disappointed with the awareness of ATS members this day.
(sad)
edit on 12-9-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

So changed the focus, re-cropped to show the hand and the pictures, and call it a day. Something tells me that this was all planned, wich is really sad.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Too funny!!!
The background just added the Arab dude holding some photo. It looks like the two of the three American hikers that have been kidnapped in Iraq!

OOOPS, I just read what S.O. stated.
OK, I see what he is saying now. Wow, that is sad

I wonder if he ever found his loved ones.?
I also wonder, that the avatar that S.O. is using of the firemen carrying out a victim
in a chair, if he made it?
edit on 12-9-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saltarello
Something tells me that this was all planned,

Yup. Planned to use a site "skin" on 9/12/2011 as an artistic statement for the unjust wars that came as a result of 9/11/2001, ten years and one day ago.

wich is really sad.

It is indeed sad that some members of ATS are unable to visually discern the differences between Ahmadinejad, bin Laden, and an Afghani civilian.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

It is indeed sad that some members of ATS are unable to visually discern the differences between Ahmadinejad, bin Laden, and an Afghani civilian.

been thinking this same thing reading through the last 4 pages of this thread. and the other closed thread referencing the same pic. the first thing i saw after seeing him was the razor wire. people kept bringing up symbolism but ignored that little telling detail
frankly you shouldnt even need to defend yourself on this issue, but thank you for clarifying

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Wow...the pictures of the people falling out of the buildings is just plain heartbreaking. I cannot imagine being faced with that scenario, what bravery.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Venomilk

Sure, I shouldn't have the defend the choice of images in this case... but I also shouldn't have to explain iconic imagery associated with what is discussed here on ATS.

And I suppose I shouldn't anticipate apologies for such terrible jerking-knee assumptions.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by elpistolero1
Let's not forget the people killed by the USA forces, may them rest in peace

I have no place in my heart for terrorists killed by US forces. They got what they deserved.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Pffffffffffft, partisans and innocent civilians died, too.

@ SkepticOverlord

Sorry for making wrong accusations or assumptions. Glad you cleared it now. Took you some while..
edit on 12-9-2011 by Kemal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kemal
Took you some while..

(1) I was sleeping
(2) I shouldn't have had to "clear it up"

edit on 12-9-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

LOL.

Thanks for clearing that up.

But I swear the guy in the background image still looks like Ahmadinejad! Maybe he has a twin brother in Afghanistan?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Yet you responded to another post after mine and why not? It's not like we've seen the pictures of the missing relatives of the person before... and obviously most of the people here on ATS didn't know who it was either, otherwise anyone else would have cleared that up way before you.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Originally posted by elpistolero1
Let's not forget the people killed by the USA forces, may them rest in peace

I have no place in my heart for terrorists killed by US forces. They got what they deserved.

oh come ON, saying that everyone Afghanistan and Iraq are terrorists is like saying everyone who was born in Milwaukee is a serial killer like Jeffrey Dahmer.

SO - i think BOTH of the graphic images you guys have chosen do accurately and artistically paint the picture.... perhaps tomorrow you should post a background image that is symbolic of all the freedoms and rights we have lost in America as a result of this "war on terror" :-/

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Lets not forget Car Bombs set off by the Muslims themselves have killed more citizens then the coalition..

That is a proven fact.

Along with kidnapping, beheading of anyone not muslim.

Do I need to post the video of the Muslim showing his son how to behead another muslim? Or the video of slaughtered and beheaded children?

Or the story of Muslim men Raping women in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Or will this account get banned, With the Moderator message of

After Discussions, the staff has determined your views do not fit the objective of this site.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

He does look like Ahmadinejad.

Do you think that this is happening accidentally ?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by The X

Great Idea. I got what you mean.

I believe that they see what they want to see. Like they were doing about Nostradamus. He just was imagining and others are painting his imaginations.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by popsmayhem
\All the loss of life and war. All the fallen from 9/11 in one background

Yes.

An "artistic statement" about the death caused by the reaction to the events of 9/11.

Well at first, I was kind of shocked by it.

Now I can understand the statement a little better..

I know ATS is not *dissing* anyone.

I guess I should care more about everyone not just the Americans that died.

For some odd reason, I still feel they deserved it for attacking the trade centers and letting
terrorist run their nations. All the hate they have for America.

I do not want anyone dead, no more Americans or Iraqi's/Afghanis, I just want everyone to chill
out.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

What's the message... the point, I'm confused....

The point is the Billboard in New York city.

The billboard is claiming : "As we remember 9/11 ten years later , Al-Qaeda silent member is coming to New York".

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join