It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NFL is Rigged, 9/11 and Hightower

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Five days after the 9/11 attacks, I stated to my brother that I think the Patriots will win the Super Bowl to show that the NFL is patriotic. Needless to say, I was correct in my assumption that Patriots did indeed win the Super Bowl. At the time this was a bold prediction because the Patriots weren't that good and 2 weeks after the attacks Drew Bledsoe went down with an injury.

Now fast forward 10 years and they are celebrating honoring the victims of 9/11 this weekend. What better way to show that the NFL is patriotic than by having a guy named HighTOWER do well on the anniversary of the destruction of the Twin Towers. By having a guy named Hightower do well this weekend, it would be a symbolic gesture to show that the NFL and the US are standing together in overcoming the destruction of the Twin Towers and terrorism. To top it off, Washington is playing New York this weekend. A little too much of a coincidence.

Hightower, Twin Towers

Anyone else see this connection? Or am I just crazy?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I think you're just crazy.

It's a 1:32 chance of winning, and when you're not that crappy to begin with (which they weren't) the odds of winning are even better. It's ironic yes, but to say it was rigged...it isn't possible there are too many people working for a common goal of team domination.

Now with that said, the Packers are going to win the Super Bowl once again

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
i see the connection, and i think youre crazy haha.
dunno man just enjoy the game.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Hightower is actually a pretty common name.
I'm a huge football fan and I don't think its fixed,but I wouldn't be shocked if it was.However I think your reading too much into names.I think there is actually a couple Hightower's in the league.I was watching a college game today and seen a player named Hightower as well.If your talking about RB Tim Hightower with the Skins,he will be average this year at best.Although coach Shannahan always gets the most out of mediocre backs with his heavily zone blocking based running game.

Go Bears.

Oh and I was always a huge Bledsoe fan,good not great quarterback,but that guy had one of the best arms ever.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
I think you're just crazy.

It's a 1:32 chance of winning, and when you're not that crappy to begin with (which they weren't) the odds of winning are even better. It's ironic yes, but to say it was rigged...it isn't possible there are too many people working for a common goal of team domination.

Now with that said, the Packers are going to win the Super Bowl once again

Well, my main point of thread is to bring the high possibility of Hightower doing exceptionally well this weekend prior to him playing. Yes, I know that there is a 1/32 chance, but the Patriots were not very good at the time. In 2000-01 season they finished 5-11. So to go from 5-11 to Super Bowl champs in one year was remarkable.

The NFL isn't possible to be rigged? Next you will tell me that professional wrestling isn't rigged. It is quite easy to rig an nfl game with the help of the refs. Do you remember that infamous tuck rule play? Everybody watching at home thought that was a fumble, but the refs ruled is as an incomplete pass and thus let the Patriots continue their game winning field goal drive.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hippo45

Well seeing how Im a fan of a NFC East time , i don't think its a huge coincidence Washington and NY are playing, they're in the same division. They play each other atl east 2 times every year.

Although the storyline you put together makes it seem possible, BUT i refuse to believe the world is THAT rigged, plus how do you rig ALL of football and have all those players never say anything or be suspicious?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Well I said the Packers were going to win the superbowl last year. There's always someone who predicts the superbowl winner correctly.

I think they'll win it again this year, as long as the world doesn't end before then.

There's too many players for it to be rigged. Sure, the coaches could conspire behind people's backs and call plays that lead to one team winning, but even that would require a lot of of people to be in on it. Thousands of people.

I think I'll believe the official story on this one. The Patriots recorded the opposing teams' defensive signals and knew exactly what plays they were calling. In other words, the Patriots cheated.
I'm sorry but if what you say were true, there's no way they would ever let that information be made public. It would defeat the purpose of it. And I don't think you can say it was to cover up a conspiracy theory...A cover up for something no one would believe, and no one had thought of?

edit on 10-9-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSouszay

Yes, I know there are quite a few Hightower's in the NFL, but not all of them are playing for Washington and against New York on the anniversary of 9/11.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
side note: hightower is on my fantasy team so I hope you're right

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dannotz

I know Washington playing NY isn't much of a coincidence. However, they put the game on 9/11. I think they planned that one as ratings grab.

Also, it wouldn't be too hard to rig a game, but rigging it so one player performs well would be much harder. The refs can control almost every single game based off the calls they make. Take the Packers/Saints game on Thursday night. They were obviously trying to keep the Saints in the game. The Packers stuffed the Saints on third and short, but the refs gave the Saints the first down without measuring. They called offsides on Matthews well after the Packers got the sack and NBC wouldn't even show a replay of the offsides because it didn't happen. Then, there was the punt that was caught by the Packers on the 1 yard line, but the officials called it a touchback and didn't even take a second look at it.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I know nothing about football but it is strange that I was thinking the same thing this week. I was in the store and looked over to a display with coors light with the denver broncos white horse. I think we are living in the endtimes...I know we are living in the endtimes. But it crossed my mind that the white horse represented the antichrist. Do you know that Obama gave his acceptance speech in Denver...he was in Denver Stadium and there was a white horse above his head..... Here is a video I just found on youtube .... www.youtube.com... . (this video will show you the white horse but I do not have the same views as the person that made the video.) A lot of people think it was an informal introduction of the antichrist. By the way, Denver International Airport has a large pale horse statue in front(pale horse of death). People have reported including Jesse Ventura that they have an underground concentration camp/city there. So it did get me thinking with the coors light display...I think the NFL is rigged and this is a sign to their minions that the antichrist is about to take the stage. By the way, the saints lost today.
edit on 10-9-2011 by kwell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Yeah, pretty much your just crazy or just reaching way to hard.

As far as the Patriots winning.... you had a 50/50 chance on that prediction.

As for the hightower thing your just reaching too far.....

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
In 1985 I was running errands with my father which on one particular Saturday included a charitable visit to a homebound former mob bookie living in a hovel over a bicycle shop near Key Bridge in the Georgetown neighborhood of DC.

Uncle pete had been a high roller in the sixties with a perpetual fat stack of cash and diamond pinkie ring. By the eighties, "sugar" diabetes had claimed both his feet and the last judge he stood before warned uncle pete that one more trip before his bench would be his last and he'd spend the rest of his miserable life in Lorton pen.

On that day, near his last, my dad stopped by to drop a kind word and a c-note on pete. Pete pulled me in close with his bony nicotine stained fingers and warned me "Don't you ever get mixed up in the sports racket. You know we control every sport from college basketball to pro football. There ain't no angle. It's in the bag way above any level you'll ever figure out and you'll go broke trying."

Aside from scaring the living crap out of me coming to a couple realizations I'd always known but had never been forced to confront, my mind went to work trying to figure out how they'd be able to pull of a conspiracy as big as fixing pro ball down to the point spread.

It seemed impossible because it would have involved so many
Players. Suddenly, while watching a game featuring my formerly favorite childhood heroes, the 'Skins, it dawned on me. The offensive and defensive coordinators are wearing headsets. All it would take is those two insiders hearing each other and bingo!

Not a single dumbass illiterate big mouth player would be needed. I was pretty much ruined as a fan after that but the fact that the carolina panthers made it to the playoffs in their first season clinched it. With BILLIONS of dollars at stake it would be absolutely foolhardy for business owners to not fix it.

Go Hightower. Yay!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
This is a huuuuge stretch, and doesn't really even make sense. Wouldn't it have made more sense to have a team from NY win the superbowl? Maybe the Giants or the Jets? If that were the case then maybe your claim would have a bit more substance. The name thing also is just a coincidental occurrence, and it really isn't even that coincidental, so again, no substance here.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
Yeah, pretty much your just crazy or just reaching way to hard.

As far as the Patriots winning.... you had a 50/50 chance on that prediction.

As for the hightower thing your just reaching too far.....

50/50 chance? There are more teams in the NFL than two. I made that prediction in September 2001. I know you probably don't believe that I made that prediction, but I truly did.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
side note: hightower is on my fantasy team so I hope you're right

me too! and i'm an Eagles fan!! (Illuminati symbolism) hahaha!! that's why the Eagles are gonna win the Super Bowl!!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
what about the pro-Bin Laden player Rashard Mendenhall??? hopefully Team 6 comes and sweeps him up gangster style...

new topics

top topics

join