It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(fireworks, not explosions) being heard right now in Central NJ,

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
They stopped about 15 mins ago, but for about 45 mins straight, you can clearly hear explosions in the distance where I live. They were constant explosions with several seconds between them. The first one was strong enough, that I was watching the GOP debate on youtube with my over-the-ear headphones on and not only heard it over the audio, but I also felt it.
I took them off and went to my window to see if I saw any type of fireworks in the air, but being on the second floor I have a pretty good view of the entire skyline. I remember the last time I heard/felt explosions like those were in Portugal near my grandmother's house as a kid, being able to hear charges being set off at a marble/rock quarry several miles away on certain days.

I checked several News sites and found nothing. Googled it, nothing.

I'm about 13 miles west of NYC. Close enough to look out the window and see the light memorial at ground zero clearly. If I could hear these, I know this had to rattle some nerves over there also.

Anyone hear them in this area?

*EDIT*

So I did a quick google-search and found some threads just made of others wondering the same thing I am...

www.godlikeproductions.com...

www.godlikeproductions.com...
edit on 9/10/2011 by Andre Neves because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-9-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
military exercises? only explanation I cant think of, although it is pretty late for that. If it were anything threatening the media would be all over it by now. an "attack" is not something to be hidden

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Andre Neves

Saving my place so I can check back in... I am in Louisiana and therefore no help!!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Where in NJ... and linking GLP is not a good idea...
Just sayin.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by asperetty

So there have been some recent terrorist threats in the past couple days and they decide to do it nearly on Sept 11!? I'm not buying it.

link   
I'm currently working a detail in Clifton and I've got nothing over here (17 Mi. NNW of NYC) Do you have any more details?

link   

Oh my..this is interesting, keep us tuned in. Maybe someone else on here can clarify this. Seems like if this were happening for so long we would have heard about it from many more people by now? You said it happened over a span of 45 minutes then it stopped for 15, I think we would have heard something more about it.
edit on 10-9-2011 by Lovelyful because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Sorry, it was the only thing that I found when I searched. Never heard of the site, so if it's not allowed or anything, then sorry in advance.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Maybe fireworks??

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
ur thread prompted me to call family in elizabeth, nj and no body heard anything yet.

the OP is strikingly vague.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Just reading thru some of those entries in one of those links, someone in South East PA heard them. Geez

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lovelyful

Oh my..this is interesting, keep us tuned in. Maybe someone else on here can clarify this. Seems like if this were happening for so long we would have heard about it from many more people by now? You said it happened over a span of 45 minutes then it stopped for 15, I think we would have heard something more about it.

They stopped about 15 mins before I started the thread. They were going on for about 45.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
An Electrical fire just went over the air @ 264 Port Monmouth Rd in Middletown. Other than that no radio chatter.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Do you have a facebook or twitter account? Have any of your friends posted that they heard or felt something similar?

link   
I am in queens NY ...about five minutes to midtown manhattan and I didn't hear anything.
So it not the city ..that's about all the help I can be..sorry

link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
Where in NJ... and linking GLP is not a good idea...
Just sayin.

Agreed, but if they are reporting the same thing at the same time....Might be something to it.

Maybe....

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Nothing here in Little Falls area....

One thing often hear fireworks, either from towns or sometimes from baseball stadium in Montclair (actually
Little Falls)

Probably nothing to worry about.....

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Our Fire department got called out for 2 calls at 10:23/10:25

One for smell of natural gas in apartment complex on Garrett Mt. Another for smell of smoke in house

Both unfounded

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I just did a websearch and found nothing, just old news articles from several months ago, and this thread.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I have a friend in Central Jersey who posted 8 minutes ago on fb that she was going to bed, so I'll assume that she didn't hear anything major, lol.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join