It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could how would you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
If you could create a language from other languages, would you?

If you did, what could you do with it?

If you did with it, what could you hide in it? How?

edit on 10-9-2011 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

carefully I guess???

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I would name it Esperanto and make a movie filmed entirely in that language starring Capt. Kirk.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I would create a language using this man's grunts. Nobody would know.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
If you could create a language from other languages, would you?

If you did, what could you do with it?

If you did with it, what could you hide in it? How?

edit on 10-9-2011 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

1.Yes
2.I have no bloody idea!
3.I don't know, I'll guess I'll call it. Frenglich. (French English mix)
edit on 10-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I have already created my own language and have been using it my whole life. What is it called: "Jerry's talking again" What do I do with it: confuse, offuscate and perplex (usually not intentionally) and most importantly, entertain myself and the few others who understand "Jerry's talking again". Have I hidden anything within my language: My insecurities, prejudices, misconceptions and my personal version of the absolute truth!
It is a language is communicated via a rich plethura of verbal, wriiten, body twitch, gyrations, accent imitations and animal sounds.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I have been thinking of making a written language.

One where that there are no spoken words, it can only be read and then interpreted into your spoken language.

Seeing written words that don't make any audible words would it think be very interesting.

I think it would force someone who knows or is learning a written only language(not even a lost tongue) To think very differently, instead of a sound connected to the written word, it would be the written word and nothing more.

I know music is a language of its own, but I have had ideas about making a language out of my six string, utilizing determent beat, chords, and progressions to form words.

I get allot of ideas people. These are but a few.

EDIT:
I believe the best way to hide something in a new language would be to start from the ground up, and not base it off of any pee-existing one(difficult feet I would imagine yes), because if you combined say french and english, well then it is just a hybrid language like many already.

If you do want to do this, in whatever form, I recommend one gets a basic understanding of linguistics.
edit on 13-9-2011 by quantumdragon because: added content

top topics

join