It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1960's National Anthem Sign-Off With Subliminal Messaging

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I'm going to have to call hoax if this is allegedly from the 1960s. Here's why:

The Chyron Corporation was founded in 1966, and I am quite sure that they were the only ones making CGs for television at the time. Before this, titles were made by pointing a camera at a black & white title card or a scrolling paper roll and marrying it with the program video. Kind of like a chroma key effect. If it was slightly post-1966, I am also quite certain that the Chyrons of the time did not have fading effects like that. And they certainly didn't have drop shadows. There were no electronic systems that were advanced enough to do that. You got words on screen, that's it. I've used newer Chyrons than that and they couldn't do that sort of thing. The only thing it might be is an edit job with film, but then it would have to be some kind of reverse kinescope setup or something. And those titles are too clear to be that, even if someone did think to do that.

I'm not buying it.

edit on 11-9-2011 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

yep. Seems like it.

But subliminal messaging doesn't work as far as I can tell.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

The Chyron Corporation was founded in 1966, and I am quite sure that they were the only ones making CGs for television at the time. Before this, titles were made by pointing a camera at a black & white title card or a scrolling paper roll and marrying it with the program video. Kind of like a chroma key effect. If it was slightly post-1966, I am also quite certain that the Chyrons of the time did not have fading effects like that. And they certainly didn't have drop shadows. There were no electronic systems that were advanced enough to do that. You got words on screen, that's it. I've used newer Chyrons than that and they couldn't do that sort of thing. The only thing it might be is an edit job with film, but then it would have to be some kind of reverse kinescope setup or something. And those titles are too clear to be that, even if someone did think to do that.

I'm not buying it.

Everyone knows that the government has things 10 years before the public has it. Still not buying into that its just a hoax.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Qouth The Raven

I was born in 1961 and while I don't recall this particular sign off I was probably 5 or 6 before I was ever still awake that late. I do remember most stations signed off with the national anthem and some used this jet flying high alternative. Those are the only two I ever recall. Even once TV stayed on the air later most still signed off with Star Spangled Banner, at least where I lived in Oregon. I think we had 3 channels and a 4th that was just a kinda cool timer station. It was a pan of clock, temp, barometer etc etc and from start to finish took one minute exactly. Lots of people used it when boiling eggs lol

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by neobludragon

I'm not buying it.

Everyone knows that the government has things 10 years before the public has it. Still not buying into that its just a hoax.

That's not necessarily true. I used to work at a design firm outside of DC that had one of the first flatbed scanners in the area. They were crazy expensive back then. We had huge government contractors coming to us to get photos scanned for archival purposes. Companies like Westinghouse, Loral, etc., in addition to some government agencies. The bloated bureaucracy of the government and large contractors (especially back then) doesn't allow for rapid adaptation of technology in a lot of cases.

You might be thinking of the military, but believe me, the government as a whole is a sloth when it comes to adapting new technology. I don't even think the military back then was that advanced, either. These companies coming to us were mainly military contractors.

What you are asserting is speculation anyway. Everyone assumes - they don't know jack, really.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I'm not buying it.

That's not necessarily true. I used to work at a design firm outside of DC that had one of the first flatbed scanners in the area. They were crazy expensive back then. We had huge government contractors coming to us to get photos scanned for archival purposes. Companies like Westinghouse, Loral, etc., in addition to some government agencies. The bloated bureaucracy of the government and large contractors (especially back then) doesn't allow for rapid adaptation of technology in a lot of cases.

You might be thinking of the military, but believe me, the government as a whole is a sloth when it comes to adapting new technology. I don't even think the military back then was that advanced, either. These companies coming to us were mainly military contractors.

What you are asserting is speculation anyway. Everyone assumes - they don't know jack, really.

I'm not talking bout people like the president or the CIA, I am talking about the people that control the president, CIA, and whomever else they control. The people that WOULD put a subliminal message like that into place. I mean yes its all just a conspiracy after conspiracy that leads up to this thread being created, but if the rumors were true about being controlled by the bilderbergs, and whomever else the elites are, then I am not the least bit surprised that this kind of thing exists.

The only thing that will clear my opinion on the matter at hand is like I said, if someone posted the real footage unedited if the one that already is posted isn't the real version. I don't want to see one from 1984, I want to see one from the 60's.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
they used to have that 10pm channel shut off time in NZ too, it was called "goodnight Kiwi" lol i wasn't around to see it but on watching your second video it made me think what if that happened in the Goodnight Kiwi one.
But, maybe its just our minds making it up? Maybe our mind cant make sense of it so we hear what our brain is trying to make out of what we are hearing?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

It's got to be a hoax.
I mean think about it,
you can clearly see the subliminal message without slowing it down. (not able to read it of course)
Would they really put something so obvious on broadcast television?
I think if they were going to take the time to put a subliminal message in something.
They would do a better job than that.

That video was posted two years ago. The author might have already forgotten about her youtube account since that is also the last time that she logged in. What kind of hoaxer will leave her hoax in youtube without checking if she has fooled anyone. Besides, there are posters who still remember that video.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
So, i went through the "undoctored" video posted on page 5 frame by frame, the effect demonstrated in the OP's video was not found. Furthermore, the letters used to write this supposed subliminal message kinda looked cut-and-pasted, and thats probably why theyre ghosted like they are.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by shiman
So, i went through the "undoctored" video posted on page 5 frame by frame, the effect demonstrated in the OP's video was not found. Furthermore, the letters used to write this supposed subliminal message kinda looked cut-and-pasted, and thats probably why theyre ghosted like they are.
The video on page 5 is from 1984, not from the 60's.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by neobludragon

It looks exactly the same as the one in the OP's post, minus the subliminal messages. Even the way in which the text forms onto the screen is the same, again minus the subliminal messages.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by shiman
reply to post by neobludragon

It looks exactly the same as the one in the OP's post, minus the subliminal messages. Even the way in which the text forms onto the screen is the same, again minus the subliminal messages.

As i've said in a previous post, they could have easily revamped it so that the one from 1984 doesn't have a subliminal message.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomKnight
I watch this thouroughly...these are the brainwashing messages:

Trust your government

God is watching

Believe in government

Rebellion is not tolerated

Obey Consuume Obey Consume

Trust US government

Worship Consume Obey

Do not question government

I'm blown away...This is unbelievable if this is true!!!

rest assured, it is not true.

this is the first time you've seen it, right?

some of us grew up with this stuff.

it was not there back then.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Well if you look at the 60's and see that it's the birth of drug culture and civil strife I guess this thing didn't actually work if it's real.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard

That was the scariest sh*t I've seen!!! The slowed video gave me the creeps out of my skin... Not to mention that in the '70s and '80s, when the TV programming was off, they put those colorful vertical bars and that annoying continuous beeeeeeeeep, which I'm sure sounded in a specific frequency to attack the brain while people were sleeping. Go figure out the TV turned on while you sleep, emitting EM waves and that sound at same time... Creepy stuff!!

that was in the X-files,

with enough time i could find the season and # for you.

it made people kill others they thought were bad guys (in a nut shell)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

From what I see it is questioning weither or not we are the home of the brave. How is that comprehension fail?

It's a question... Do you understand?

Originally posted by twistheknife
It's a question being posed at the end of the song. In modern english it would be, "Is the flag still waving over the land of the free and the home of the brave?"

Yes, I understand that, but it makes me think that our country is insecure. Why do we need to ask that sorta question? Clearly there are some insecurities going on.

the original doesn't ask the question.

it is a statement.

a hoax would make it a question.

speaking of questions...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Awesome.. I mean, I own it, and can probably watch it on netflix.. but still you put it in front of me like that I'm probably going to watch it.

Everyone here that hasn't seen this movie needs to. Also.. if there is a petition I can sign to NOT have this remade, please pass that as well.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Well if you look at the 60's and see that it's the birth of drug culture and civil strife I guess this thing didn't actually work if it's real.

ya and then you'd be talking about people around 65-70+yo now.

little kids wouldn't even register coz they were not up that late, doing durgs, lol!

it's not real.

why not say "love the fellow man"

ooooooooooo yeah, it's the zombie hypno thing.

really worked too, right?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
You've missed something....

If America has been watching subliminal messages for 51 years it hasn't been working has it !!!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Can anyone duplicate this to a T a forgery of any alleged forgery and they can detail how they did it? I know I am not a good editor or hoaxer or else i would do it myself

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join