It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1960's National Anthem Sign-Off With Subliminal Messaging

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by neobludragon

You are clearly illiterate...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Hoax
Check Here for Original Footage
The original footage is there...forward it to about the 4 minute mark then take it apart frame by frame.

you lot are looking at doctored nonsense....makes you wonder what the intent of the hoax was.
So, 20 internets to anyone finding the source of the hoax (and thereby finding the motivation for hoaxing)
edit on 11-9-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

Clearly you didn't read what you posted cause if you had you woulda noticed this

This aired on local Chicago TV early Thursday, February 16th 1984 at 2:30am.

Edit: Forgot to mention, this thread is about the National anthem in the 1960's not the 1980's.
edit on 11-9-2011 by neobludragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RainDog
reply to post by Nola213

Alright... I am going to explain to everyone about the question mark. The question mark is there because the last line of the lyrics IS a question.

O say does that star spangled banner yet wave, O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

Does everyone understand? It is not a statement. It is A QUESTION. That is how the song ends. O.K?

As for the validity of the video itself, I'm not sure if it real or a hoax. But I wouldn't put it past our government to pull something like this.

If anyone wants to see the lyrics for themselves you can see the link herewww.scoutsongs.com...
Just look at the last line of the first paragraph. That is the lyric in question.

edit on 11-9-2011 by RainDog because: I see Lady Skadi already already beat me to it.

Sure I understand !

it should be this !

O say does that star spangled banner yet wave ?, O'ver the land of the free and the home of the brave

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
You are proficient in 1800's style poetry and composition?

edit on 11-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Forgot to mention, this thread is about the National anthem in the 1960's not the 1980's.

Yes, of course, because video editing software was so much better in the 60's.

The only way to settle this would be to get the actual footage as created, that broadcasters used back then.

Until then.... Who can be 100% sure of anything here?

Did I use the question mark appropriately?

edit on 11-9-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Forgot to mention, this thread is about the National anthem in the 1960's not the 1980's.

Yes, of course, because video editing software was so much better in the 60's.

The only way to settle this would be to get the actual footage as created, that broadcasters used back then.

Until then.... Who can be 100% sure of anything here?

Did I use the question mark appropriately?

edit on 11-9-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

Ok then we both agree that it is not debunked. Thanks for making that much clearer.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by neobludragon
Ok then we both agree that it is not debunked. Thanks for making that much clearer.

It has been debunked. This thread really reflects the comprehension level and common sense of the participants involved.

I get a sense that I'm surrounded by 14 year olds on one side and level headed adults on the other.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

From what I see it is questioning weither or not we are the home of the brave. How is that comprehension fail?

It's a question... Do you understand?

Originally posted by twistheknife
It's a question being posed at the end of the song. In modern english it would be, "Is the flag still waving over the land of the free and the home of the brave?"

Yes, I understand that, but it makes me think that our country is insecure. Why do we need to ask that sorta question? Clearly there are some insecurities going on.

The problem here is you aren't looking at the CONTEXT in which the song was actually written... You know this was written by a man who was taken prisoner by the British and brought onto a ship. From this ship out in the water, he witnessed a battle. He was overcome with great emotion and it was too dark to tell if his side was winning, he just saw all these explosions "bombs bursting in air", and as daylight crept upon the battlescene the big question on his mind was "Is our flag still standing above the fort?" In other words "O say, does that star spangled banner yet wave, o,er the land of the free, and the home of the brave?" I could explain further but you need to go read up on it... It's sad, but not surprising that the schools are not teaching you this, lest you become overcome by the same emotions when you see the land of the free and the home of the brave being raped and violated...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ZackMorris

to be fair FSK kinda stole the tune. it was originally an old English drinking song called 'To Anacreon in Heaven'. even our own national anthem is unoriginal lol.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaidDisinfoAgent

It has been debunked. This thread really reflects the comprehension level and common sense of the participants involved.

I get a sense that I'm surrounded by 14 year olds on one side and level headed adults on the other.

How is it debunked by something made in 1984? This is a thread talking about the one in the 60's. Until you post one from that decade that is an original it is not debunked. So if you really want the people that have made this thread to shut up then show us an original from the 60's.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

Wow...great bit of trivia! Someone should make a side by side comparison and put it on Youtube (if that hasn't been done allready)

EDIT....Never mind...someone already did it!

edit on 11-9-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by Wolfenz

You are proficient in 1800's style poetry and composition?

nope not really just the turn of the Century style !

Sometimes a question will actually end with a series of brief questions. When that happens, especially when the brief questions are more or less follow-up questions to the main question, each of the little questions can begin with a lowercase letter and end with a question mark.

Who is responsible for executing the plan? the coach? the coaching staff? the players?

(grammar.ccc.commnet.edu)

Use a question mark [
grammar.ccc.commnet.edu...

ohh is this it !

One of two surviving copies of the 1812 broadside printing of the Defense of Fort McHenry, a poem that later became the national anthem of the United States. Date 1814

I DO NOT see a Question Mark in the Original Poem that Became a Pattern for the Star Spangle Banner

There it is !

The Star Spangled Banner Flag. Original title: The original Star Spangled Banner "Museum" (from unverified data provided by the National Photo Company on the negative or negative sleeve.) This glass negative might show streaks and other blemishes resulting from a natural deterioration in the original coatings. [Image cropt from LOC file before upload to Wikimedia.]

The Star-Spangled Banner (1942)
www.youtube.com...

land of the Free home of fair play ! ?

Fourth of July, 1940
Patriotic trailer shown in theaters prior to the fourth of July, 1940.
www.youtube.com...

I would love to have this for a TV sign off

Jimi Hendrix - Star Spangled Banner Live Woodstock
www.youtube.com...

Sex, Drugs and the Cold War

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I remember back when I was in grade school (70-71 to 78-79) some of the movies I watched, I would pick up and some of the other kids did to see just a frame of a sexy woman and I also remember seeing a coke-cola can a couple other times. Its been to long I not sure which movies had the images, but a lot of the movies were Live action Disney Movies that Kurt Russel starred in.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Even though this has been proven a fake, subliminal messaging is real, especially in advertising.

There's a great site that discusses this at length and shows many examples:

www.poleshift.org...

Here's one example:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f4d4398235a4.jpg[/atsimg]

This is an easy one. The direction of the man's gaze is underlined by the diagonal banner which reads: "Carnal Knowledge: First Time on Tv"

Who would have thought Jack Nicholson would behave that way with Ann-Margret? /sarcasm off

Hollywood does this too, in the movie The Exorcist, a demon face flashes for a split second several times in the movie, here's one example where the demon face appears at the 22 second mark:

If advertisers and Hollywood do this to us, it makes me shudder to think what the government can do.

edit on 11-9-2011 by Nicolas Flamel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel
Even though this has been proven a fake, subliminal messaging is real, especially in advertising.

There's a great site that discusses this at length and shows many examples:

www.poleshift.org...

Here's one example:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f4d4398235a4.jpg[/atsimg]

This is an easy one. The direction of the man's gaze is underlined by the diagonal banner which reads: "Carnal Knowledge: First Time on Tv"

Who would have thought Jack Nicholson would behave that way with Ann-Margret? /sarcasm off

Hollywood does this too, in the movie The Exorcist, a demon face flashes for a split second several times in the movie, here's one example where the demon face appears at the 22 second mark:

If advertisers and Hollywood do this to us, it makes me shudder to think what the government can do.

edit on 11-9-2011 by Nicolas Flamel because: (no reason given)

Has not been proven as fake yet. If it has it would be in the debunked section. As I keep saying, the video everyone is posting around was a video from 1984, the video in question is from the 60's. What is so hard to understand that the video that is being questioned was from the 60's and not the 80's? I still stand ground on this matter til someone shows an original video from the 60's that there was subliminal messaging.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Now it makes sense as to why the Government made such a big deal about the switch over from analog to digital. I mean they were providing vouchers for the poor and converter boxes. Could'nt let a sheeple slip thru I guess. Who knows how many times I've watched that sign off growing up.

Who knows what the hell our kids are getting in the sat morn cartoons, videos, games, even the computer's we all are using now. It's scary as hell when you think it thru. From the cradle to the grave subliminal message's. Wholly Sh%t!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Has not been proven as fake yet. If it has it would be in the debunked section. As I keep saying, the video everyone is posting around was a video from 1984, the video in question is from the 60's. What is so hard to understand that the video that is being questioned was from the 60's and not the 80's. I still stand ground on til someone shows an original video from the 60's that there was subliminal messaging.

In essence, is this what you are claiming:

The version with the subliminal message is the original? And the doctored one has had the messages removed?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I am old enough to remember those sign offs and that was not it. Nice try though. It seems that the new programming is to turn everyone against God saying this is Illuminati control. Illuminati are satanists, they will try to take you to hell anyway they can. Only a fool says there is no God. Psalms 14:1. Look around you, look at the solar system, look at the earth... take an anatomy class and see how miraculous the human body is. I have noticed if you don't buy that propaganda they have the propaganda that we were created by aliens. They are soon to play that deception out. There is only one God and He loves you. God sent His only begotten Son, so whoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

My first time through watching it the only thing I picked up was the last line ending with a question mark

and the home of the brave?

*shudders*

It doesn't surprise me though. After studying and practicing hypnosis for many years the thing that strikes me the most is how arrogant people are to think *THEY* cant be hypnotized. Now while I won't personally put my energy into trancing anyone not requesting it. One of my favorite pastimes when I was learning to was see how fast I could drop a skeptic. Who by the way, are some of the easiest to get.

It is a very big misconception to think only the dim witted or gullible are easily hypnotized. The fact is whether anyone likes it or not-- the more intelligent and imaginative a person the easier the hypnotists job is

I know, I know.....I will insult some people that want to believe they are superior in intellect and will power.... That's the hook though...

Most fail to realize opinions are certainly NOT necessarily facts. Facts are facts

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaidDisinfoAgent

Has not been proven as fake yet. If it has it would be in the debunked section. As I keep saying, the video everyone is posting around was a video from 1984, the video in question is from the 60's. What is so hard to understand that the video that is being questioned was from the 60's and not the 80's. I still stand ground on til someone shows an original video from the 60's that there was subliminal messaging.

In essence, is this what you are claiming:

The version with the subliminal message is the original? And the doctored one has had the messages removed?

The one in question is from the 60's, the one everyone is trying to say is the real one is from 1984. What is so hard to understand about this?

What I am saying is, they could've easily done a revamp on the anthem as to there were people seeing the subliminal messaging and waking up. Now wouldn't you say if you didn't want people to wake up from a dream you would revamp the original so they don't wake up? I know if I wanted to control the world that's what I would do.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join