It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1960's National Anthem Sign-Off With Subliminal Messaging

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I'm 99.9% sure this is a hoax. I watched many stations sign off in the 1960s and would have noticed. Like someone else said, not all stations signed off at 10pm. Some made it to midnight and some later. Not all signed off with the National Anthem either, some used the High Flight video or another one. There were eagle eyed conspiracy kooks then too. I mean, by the mid to late '60s they already were latching on to the JFK assassination. Some one would have noticed.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
Very insidious.

Why did they feel the need to even do this?

The Answer is Simple Really !

Are you ready ?

IN GOD WE TRUST

"In God We Trust" was adopted as the official motto of the United States in 1956. It is also the motto of the U.S. state of Florida. The phrase has appeared on U.S. coins since 1864 and on paper currency since 1957.

On July 11, 1954, just one month after the phrase "under God" was incorporated into the Pledge of Allegiance,[7] the U.S. Congress enacted Public Law 84-140, which required the motto on all coins and currency. The law was approved by President Eisenhower on July 30, 1956, and the motto was progressively added to paper money over a period from 1957 to 1966.[1] In 1956 the phrase was legally adopted as the United States' national motto by a law passed by the 84th United States Congress.(Public Law 84-851)",[8] and the United States Code at 36 U.S.C. § 302, now states: "'In God we trust' is the national motto."

Subliminal stimuli
en.wikipedia.org...

Visual stimuli may be quickly flashed before an individual may process them, or flashed and then masked, thereby interrupting the processing. Audio stimuli may be played below audible volumes, similarly masked by other stimuli, or recorded backwards in a process called backmasking. Introduced in 1895, the concept became controversial as "subliminal messages" in 1957 when marketing practitioners claimed its potential use in persuasion.

Both Started around the same time the IN GOD WE TRUST Motto and Subliminal Messaging

and Dont get me Started of what Time Period of MK Ultra Began !

Ahh forget it ,,,, here see it for your self Enjoy!!

MKULTRA Subproject No. 83
all.net...

This declassified CIA memo was written on April 18, 1958 by Dr. Sidney Gottlieb, chief of the Chemical Division of the agency's Technical Services Staff. Gottlieb, who oversaw many of the MKULTRA projects, reviewed covert CIA support for research studies of "controversial and misunderstood" areas of psychology such as hypnosis, truth drugs, psychic powers and subliminal persuasion.

as the OP Said from that National Anthem sign Off he posted

Trust the Government God is Real God is Watching Believe in Government God Rebellion Is Not Tolerated Consume Obey Consume Obey Trust the US Government God is Real God is Watching Believe In Government God Rebellion is Not Tolerated God is Real God is Watching Obey Consume Obey Consume Worship Consume Believe Do Not Question Government Believe in Government

edit on 11-9-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
While this particular video may be fake, I'm certainly old enough to remember the Star Spangled Banner sign-offs that most stations had in the day. I don't really remember if they were all at 10:00 PM or not...we did have Carson on late night after all (and Steve Allen & Jack Paar before him) and I believe they were on after 10:00 - especially Carson, so I think the sign-offs were later than 10:00. I think these sign-offs were going on well into the 80's on standard TV channels (ABC, NBC & CBS) even with the advent of cable tv. I don't remember if there were words or not though, but I seem to remember it as instrumental only. Still, even if this video is fake I wouldn't be surprised at all if there really were subliminal sign-offs. The movie theaters and drive ins back then would insert pictures of snacks and sodas to "help" you feel the need to go to the concession stand after all.

*Off topic - GogoVicMorrow, is that a picture of Vic Morrow's decapitated head as your avatar or...?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Subliminal stuff has been around since TV and even before. I find this shocking and very believeable.Even if it proves to be faked, I don't find it to be something that is beneth the government to actually do.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Its funny to me that whoever done this used ???????? to end the lines.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Speaking of John Carpenters Movies

They Live

They Live trailer

Halloween 3 ( Nothing to do with Michel Myers nor Characters )

Watch The Magic Pumpkin - Halloween 3 (Full Scene)

and Escape from LA The Intro

Trailer Escape from L.A.

No Red MEAT
No Freedom of Religion

John Carpenter may have know this at a early start ! the Corruption of Subliminal ADS

edit on 11-9-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BoneMosaic

Its already been matched, South Park did it move for move with 2 cripples.

Timmy and Jimmy, it was great even though hardly anyone knew it was a They Live tribute.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
dont buy it, this is definitely a hoax. as others have said you can see this without even slowing it down. subliminal is completely in the subconscious, those words would be split second, interspersed throughout, not meshed in with the words, too easy to see. i dont doubt things like this exist, in fact i know it does, but unfortunately this is not a genuine find.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This is definitely a hoax. I've been surfing the web and I have found the undoctored video, you can watch it here at around the 4 minute mark. I will post it on YT too just in case.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
I would guess its fake.
Come one there has to be some font nerds out there that can tell us if it's a custom font and when it was created.
Also there has to be someone that would remember this sign off for there area and could tell us if the words were there. etc.

I remember this in the early 80's i dont remember the words being on screen but as soon as it was over then came the colored lines and that horrible buzzing noise.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

So this is hoax huh? What people will do for entertainment. This why we must question all YT sources before we use them as evidence.

And speaking of the awesome movie "They Live" here it on YT, full length feature!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
"and the home of the brave?"

no one else see the question mark?

why would there be a question mark if its real?

hoax.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
The problem with everyone's replies here is the lack of real affirmity.
The great match on font style, and the real hidden messages seem real to me.
This may be a real good catch, or may be a real good hoax.

Good observation. I was around when these sign-offs were around. First of all, I don't remember them at 10:00. They were midnight or later. Second, I didn't have the means to record them for youtube.

Where would one obtain viewable film from the 50's? It would be in museums or studio archives. I can't imagine being able to put my hands on it. If I could, it would be difficult finding equipment to view it. If I could still do all this, the original film would crumble in the attempt.

Not to mention that the Vicary Movie Experiment was later admitted to being a hoax in itself! It did, however, generate lots of income for Vicary. See here

I think I'll vote HOAX on this one.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Move this to the Hoax Bin!!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Only way to know for sure,is to have an ATS member who was an adult in the 50's when television first began broadcasting to step in here and relate memories.. Only such a one can verify if the sign off times and end reels are accurate as stated in the OP.

Hoax or not..Prior to television,it was radio..families huddled around the radio,listening. We've been plugging in to dubious influences for a very long time. Subliminal messaging/programming is a tactic and tool that's older than most of us are.
edit on 11-9-2011 by Qouth The Raven because: spelling

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Qouth The Raven

Or just look here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Radiobuzz

page down, please yt the vid so we can trash this thread =)
edit on 11-9-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessdalen

It's up for me! What I meant with posting it on YT was to post a link to the site, not the whole video

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Tried,it won't 'connect' for me.

I'll keep trying,after I clean my cache. I don't put much stock in anything on Youtube.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I watch this thouroughly...these are the brainwashing messages:

Trust your government

God is watching

Believe in government

Rebellion is not tolerated

Obey Consuume Obey Consume

Trust US government

Worship Consume Obey

Do not question government

I'm blown away...This is unbelievable if this is true!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join