It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1960's National Anthem Sign-Off With Subliminal Messaging

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I think we all can use a little common sense and tell this is a hoax. Common on, even the music used in the 2nd video is a little dramatic.

With all that said, I have no doubt that there are companies and organizations out there that do this on a regular basis. Not saying that this is moral by any means, but can anybody clarify if it is against the law?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
This one was from 1977 and the words weren't even there. Makes you wonder.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43
I think we all can use a little common sense and tell this is a hoax. Common on, even the music used in the 2nd video is a little dramatic.

With all that said, I have no doubt that there are companies and organizations out there that do this on a regular basis. Not saying that this is moral by any means, but can anybody clarify if it is against the law?

The soundtrack on both "SSB" films is identical; except on the doctored colorized print put up on YouTube the sound is, frankly, quite hollow. The genuine color print used by WMAQ is how it would've actually sounded.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by neobludragon
www.youtube.com...
This one was from 1977 and the words weren't even there. Makes you wonder.

Different Market and different station all together.

WMAQ is in question here.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Ok, I have watched this a dozen times or so. BOTH and one thing that should be noted is that the lyrics and they way they swipe from left to right are VERY different. I am going to try and put side by side and post later. But member WBhist has stated the one on Fuzzy Memories is how it aired on WMAQ. So his word for me is enough to compare the OP's video.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
Different Market and different station all together.

WMAQ is in question here.

The SSB linked on that "different" clip was used by CBS-owned stations. That particular clip came from WCBS-TV in New York; however, the FuzzyMemories site has the tail end of that "SSB" on a partial sign-off of the network's Chicago O&O, WBBM-TV.

And there is no question as to the authenticity of the "SSB" film WMAQ ran for years.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by radosta

Its loos familar to me from the early 60's...every night at 12

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

Holy Crap Batman!!!! Thats some crazy shiite! That is also the first solid proof I've ever seen and i feel that it is 100% undebunkable. S&F!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

So, to sum up:

1. This is a hoax because the guy who originally caught it, slowed it down and re-uploaded it paired it with a certain kind of music.

2. Albeit without citation, this is likely legal.

Anyone else want to take a shot? Because this seems a little weak in the debunking department.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The fonts used for the "lyrics" and the "Ewwwwwwwsubliminnal message" don't match either. The letter in the subliminal message are poorly constructed.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6430da4754f2.jpg[/atsimg]

They vary in size, width and height. Another sign of tampering.

You people are so desperate to think you caught your douche leaders with their pants down, but sadly it is you with your pants down and the gubment behind you. Bite your lip.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by verticalprojectile

So, to sum up:

1. This is a hoax because the guy who originally caught it, slowed it down and re-uploaded it paired it with a certain kind of music.

2. Albeit without citation, this is likely legal.

Anyone else want to take a shot? Because this seems a little weak in the debunking department.

Evidence of tampering has been pointed out by member WBhist, who is Video Description Editor and Technical Historian of The Museum of Classic Chicago Television. His knowledge on this is far superior than anybody else who has chimed in here.

And this is an email from Rick Klein President, Founder, and Chief Archive Curator in regards to the videos provided in the OP.

Just to clarify, the videos on the link you sent me are not from WMAQ. One that we have on our site that IS from WMAQ, seen here:

www.fuzzymemories.tv... -

uses the same old SSB film. As you can see, the text does not flutter as the doctored one does. It's pretty clear this is a hoax

Rick

WBhist First Post
WBhist Second Post
WBhist Third Post
WBhist Fourth Post

And here is an email from WBhist earlier:

I can say that that particular "SSB" film was created some time in the early or mid-1960's (the 50 stars on the flag are the key to dating this). Since WMAQ was broadcasting in color since the 1950's, it figures they'd get the color print - which they may've run since at least the mid-'60's. Evidently, it had to have been in the period between '84 and '89 that its use on Channel 5 ceased. The person who put up that original "SSB" film on YouTube has said that in that case, it had come from a TV station in Alabama. The question then is, which other stations besides WMAQ and the Alabama station used it?

It also appears that the film as on YouTube was originally in black-and-white, but colorized (and badly at that) for the most part, except to get the opening Seal of the President and the closing shot of the flag. The WMAQ print was in genuine color (and the lines of the song were colored yellow). Also, both versions used the exact same rendition of the "SSB" (though on YouTube, it sounds a bit hollow). As for the "subliminal" stuff, presuming it's all true, maybe some early prints would've had that stuff, but the producers got flak for it and by the time WMAQ got their copy, it was a straight transition from one line to the next (yeah, I know, that'd be stretching it a bit). Moreover, I saw a slight difference in the positioning of each line between the print on YouTube and that on the WMAQ sign-off. The outlines differed too: a drop-shadow on the YouTube clip, overhead shadow with a bit of outline on the WMAQ print.

The lines on the color print used by WMAQ seemed to be slightly to the right of how they were positioned on the B&W print colorized on YouTube. If anything in the YouTube clip could be called a "hoax," it'd be the bad colorization. But looking at the transitions between lines, it would seem that as the "subliminals" surfaced, the images around the screen became more muddled. I also saw a site - i.imgur.com... - claiming the "subliminals" version had more picture on the screen than what they called the "non-subliminals" version on WMAQ (and the Fuzzy site). Duh, that's because the film was made in 1.37 : 1 aspect ratio - and WMAQ ran their print only in 1.33 : 1 aspect ratio, thus cutting off the rest of the picture on the left and right. And that link has the nerve to claim the WMAQ print was "altered." In sum, there would have been two versions of this "SSB" film made - one in B&W, the other in color. The former, on YouTube, may well have been doctored in many different ways. The WMAQ print was unfutzed.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

-- William Brown, New York City. ("New York City?!" - Pace Picante ad ;-) )

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I am old enough to remember the drive in movie controversy of subliminal ads during the show. After it was outlawed, I remember a night at the movies when a brief image of a hot dog appeared on screen. I decided to walk to the snack bar and kinda hang in the corner. The warming tray was loaded with a ton of hot dogs and people began filing in and goin, "Hey... got any hot dogs?" Stuff works. But only a half dozen or so people came in over the next 5 minutes. Compared to the hundreds there that night...

OK, so any one remember the cult fetish in america? All those cults converted followers by programming their minds with a constant barrage of indoctrination that broke down one's defenses, subverting the victim to their way of thinking. Only intense deprogramming would return the lost souls to a "normal" lifestyle more in keeping with societal mores.

Like Boot Camp or TV ads do today. Its harder now to convince mainstream America that we have all been indoctrinated all of our lives by our environment thru TV, school, church, clubs, sports, work, patriotism, the military and those around us to conform to a way of life that controls us from the beginning to the end of our lives.

Everything we do upon waking until we go to sleep at night is dependent upon our training to believe and act as we do. And when we don't get up and go to work or school, we feel guilty as though we are not measuring up. I know... how can we survive if we don't earn money to gas up the car to pick the kids up from school? We have to do all the stuff that fills our day or perish. We have no choice, right?

Some time ago I unplugged and lived under a bridge for 7 years. It was the best experience I ever received down here. Saw the world from a different perspective and will swear I learned more from that time than at any other in my life.

By the way, a good subliminal older movie entitled "Looker" is worth a glance.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Real or fake, for subliminal messaging, or manipulation, to work it must be noticed. This was not obvious enough to be picked up clearly, even upon close inspection in slow-motion. Psychology, long ago, ruled that this type of subliminal messaging is ineffective. Effective subliminal messaging would be putting the word "God" on currency and in governmental speeches, or running cigarette and alcohol ads with beautiful, happy and vibrant women in them. It is about manipulating our perception through tying a message together with something we would deem as good or desirable.

Everyone interested in this should read Edward Bernays's book: Propaganda. He is considered the pioneer and master of perception molding, aka perception manipulation, aka brainwashing.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

My only disagreement with your comments is just because one doesn't notice something consciously, does not mean it went unnoticed.... at all! Subliminals can be right in your face and not noticed.

Remember, the best place to hide things are in plain sight

Try playing around with blue and red text sometime on a dark background and find how easy it is to notice one appears raised and the other recessed.....BUT, how many would never notice were it not pointed out???

The average public doesn't believe it is as easy as it ease, in part due to all the talking heads saying it isn't but those who play with it would beg to differ.....

Most of the general public believe what they are fed by *the experts* but the reality is misspelling words and failing to use punctuation, or using it incorrectly are all *tricks of the trade* that are used frequently, with much success.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I'm sorry but I've watched this thing twice now while reading your comment and I fail to understand where you got the whole "God is real, Obey the government thing"? I don't see anything.
Or do you mean that your comment is in tune to the music?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinaed

Well, if images are not noticed then they are not stored, so I don't see your point. The whole idea that things can be flashed in front of your eyes without you noticing them and somehow they end up in your subconscious has been refuted by psychologists for decades. That is pseudoscience, an urban legend, and has no evidence to support it.

If you read Edward Bernays's book you will understand this from a more scientific standpoint. Think about this, if the master of manipulation; the master of propaganda, understood that this technique did not work, and he is the one who pioneered this whole idea, then what makes you think it does work? Where is the evidence? He understood that things must be consciously perceived and understood for them to take effect upon the mind, and that is why he focused on teaching corporations and governments how to connect peoples positive emotions to certain things that may be deemed negative when seen all by itself without positive reinforcement; manipulation. This is why pharmacutical companies always have some happy, healthy looking person dancing around on the greenest of grass during their commercials, they are connecting positive emotions to a subject that may be something that is deemed depressing other wise. You could even consider some of the things found in shows like the Simpson's as effective perception manipulation, but merely flashing or hiding some words on the screen where they can't be noticed does not work.

Peace.
edit on 13-9-2011 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

I wasn't trying to imply anything about negativity, only that it is far easier than most believe it is. When I gave an example of this in another thread I used popcorn as my example...I mean gosh, who doesn't enjoy and know the smell of popcorn?? (sure sure a small minority but you get my point)

I always say, the very BEST suggestion is the one the subject(s) already desperately want. People want to feel safe and beautiful, loved... healthy...happy

On another note though I would ask, if this man is the *master of manipulation* as you say, perhaps he debunked this as effective so you would never EVER believe he used it on you

Just sayin

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
The fonts used for the "lyrics" and the "Ewwwwwwwsubliminnal message" don't match either. The letter in the subliminal message are poorly constructed.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6430da4754f2.jpg[/atsimg]

They vary in size, width and height. Another sign of tampering.

You people are so desperate to think you caught your douche leaders with their pants down, but sadly it is you with your pants down and the gubment behind you. Bite your lip.

That's all fine and dandy, but what's funny is, no one has even considered a 3rd alternative....

SOMEbody (whether in the 60s, or more recently) created this video for SOME reason!

Even if this is found to be a 'hoax' it will only be in terms of whether or not it appeared that way in the 60s - whos to say someone isn't planning on using it now/in the future?

Maybe there is a group [cult?] of people living out somewhere in a desolate location - Hell, maybe the folks getting ready to open the FEMA camps (right?
) really liked this and decided it would be used once we start putting our own citizens in them - and this WILL be used in the future, in some 1984 Orwellian world.

Keep an open mind. Examine ALL possibilities - no matter how strange they seem.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Radiobuzz
This is definitely a hoax. I've been surfing the web and I have found the undoctored video, you can watch it here at around the 4 minute mark. I will post it on YT too just in case.

No doubt about it, I knew it sounded familiar my Grandma used to watch that Meditations show everyday. The obvious washout of HOAXVID and the color and brilliance of the original footage you found, points towards frame by frame alteration. Good Catch. Too bad I was hoping for a good piece of evidence....

I move of r a transition of this too Hoax/Debunked bin... this original broadcast of the un-doctored footage, the Name of the YT poster in the "subliminal" message should be enough to shoot this in the foot.

Once again I remember this sign off and I am 1) Government distrusting 2) non religious 3) Cheap SOB.
Either I'm resistant to said message or.. Naomi did one hell of a job font matching and layering

edit on 12/08/11 by LanternOfDiogenes because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/08/11 by LanternOfDiogenes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
With all due respect, the "subliminal" type has all the look of a typeface which has been available only for the last decade, and which I've seen in some advertising and marketing from different products. I just can't place at the moment the name of this font, nor the specific brands that used it. I may have to consult 'WhatTheFont' for that query. On the other hand, the lines of the song as displayed on both the doctored/colorized B&W "SSB" film and the unfutzed color "SSB" film have all the characteristics of being hand-lettered.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join