It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Al Qaeda been playing us this whole time?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I was just thinking about where we were pre-9/11 and the tailspin that has brought us to the incredibly messed up point that we are at now. In 2000 we were at fairly good point as a nation, but since the attacks we have been on a steady decline that has taken a toll on not only on the US but the rest of the world as well.

My thought is this: What if the attacks were meant to do so much more than just destroy a few pieces of real estate and kill a couple of thousand people? What if those responsible we counting on these attacks to send us into self-destructive frenzy that would ultimately bring us to our knees as a nation? If that is the case, we have had our asses handed to us by the terrorist. What better way to destroy someone, let them expend all of there resources seeking out and fighting an enemy that was never really there to begin with?

Just a thought. Keep in mind those who rely that this is a hypothetical scenario which assumes that the OS is actually true. We all know the alternative theories but they are not what this thread is about, so there will be no need to bring them up here.
edit on 10-9-2011 by TheThirdAdam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
u got it backwards they planned it all along to go this way. killing a few thousand and destroying the towers was just icing on the cake. no matter how ****ed up it was

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DankKing420

what is backwards exactly? im saying what if the 911 attacks were just a trigger to set off a self-destruction of the US... Yeah the victims of 911 were just a bonus to them.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Osama Bin Laden, from a cave, not only successfully attacked America but bankrupted the United States through continuous warfare, remained unobtainable by military forces for 10 years, destroyed the bill of rights, thereby destroying the very liberty and democracy he so hated, and even after his death America is drowning in paranoia and his extremist movement is gaining even more momentum.

I'd like to see a historical figure who can claim more than that. Of course he didn't really do all that.
edit on 10-9-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
If by terrorists you mean GOVERNMENT and by Al Qaeda you mean U.S. propaganda meant to push the elite agenda - we're all good. But no, they aren't playing. They have a clear goal and we the people have bought into it completely. If we hadn't, we never would have allowed the Patriot Act, the Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act. We wouldn't have allowed the wire tapping, and intrusion. We wouldn't be allowing Indiana to remove the 4th Amendment. We wouldn't allow the TSA to grope our children or the police state to be so out of control. Every time an officer violates the Constitution, they tend to say, "Since 9-11, things have changed!"

Official: Al Qaeda Terror Threat Looking More Like a 'Goose Chase'

Looking for Al Qaeda was ALWAYS a 'Goose Chase.' Just like Osama's body was never actually seen. All we ever did as a result of 9-11 was allowed our government to pursue their agendas. Our soldiers are guarding Opium fields, stealing oil and dying. For nothing!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
You are correct in asserting that Al-'CIA'da has been playing us this whole time.

link   
9/11 was to get us to go to war. Plain and simple. We went into Afghanistan to exploit the resources. The opium trade and elements like the lithium mining are most likely making someone trillions. Iraq was to get that country under control. Saddam was to dangerous of a hiccup in Middle East domination. It won't be long until we find a reason to trample Iran. Just wait.

link   
I always believed that, if the whole al-qaeda thing were really just Muslim terrorists, as the teevee says, then Bin Laden knew damn well we would launch wars in the middle east. Many financial losses occurred that day as well. The WTC was where the majority of US commerce took place. Hell yeah, the terrorists won.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

If that is indeed what his original intention was, you have to admit that it was very impressive and arguably genious. What blows my mind is how we fell for it so easily. Did anyone ever stop and think about the bigger picture before they just fed into this garbage? Now I can just imagine all of these guys sitting in a cave, reading the NYTimes and laughing there asses off at us. Makes W's "Fool me once" statement sound that much more pathetic now doesn't it?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheThirdAdam

That's a pass on your reasoning skills!

Next question: What is "Al Queda" really? How did they get the finances, organization, and opportunity to play their part in this disaster? (Assuming they even DID play a part. The FBI claims it has NO EVIDENCE that Bin Laden planned it.)

What were the Nazis really? What were the Soviets really? What were the African slave traders really?

They were desperate people given crazy leaders who were pushed into acting like criminals. By...something or someone. This is what we are all having trouble putting our fingers on. What pushed these people so far over the edge? It certainly wasn't a force that anyone could agree was rational or "good."

But I suggest to you that this force, however you decide to characterize it, is the force that has been "playing us the whole time."

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by l_e_cox
reply to post by TheThirdAdam

That's a pass on your reasoning skills!

No reason to insult anyone here.

Next question: What is "Al Queda" really? How did they get the finances, organization, and opportunity to play their part in this disaster? (Assuming they even DID play a part. The FBI claims it has NO EVIDENCE that Bin Laden planned it.)

What were the Nazis really? What were the Soviets really? What were the African slave traders really?

I'm just saying FOR ARGUMENT'S SAKE, that we will assume that the msm's original story is true, how did we allow ourselves to be played so easily? Not trying to convert anyone here, just wondering "what if?"

They were desperate people given crazy leaders who were pushed into acting like criminals. By...something or someone. This is what we are all having trouble putting our fingers on. What pushed these people so far over the edge? It certainly wasn't a force that anyone could agree was rational or "good."

But I suggest to you that this force, however you decide to characterize it, is the force that has been "playing us the whole time."

This, I agree with 100%

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Love, how can a non-existent person play with you ? You know it's the government.
edit on 10-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
By asking: "Has Al Qaeda been playing us this whole time?"

Are you actually asking: "Has elements within our own Government been playing us this whole time?"...

Answer: YES

new topics

top topics

join