It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it hailing in Tucson?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Looks like south of Tucson got hail yesterday.

UPDATED: Storm left rain, hail, stalled cars

A strong storm appeared to stall over Green Valley and Sahuarita for more than three hours Friday night filling washes, knocking out power to hundreds of homes and dropping hail in some places.

The storm blew in about 4:30 p.m. and left anywhere from 1.5 to nearly 4 inches of rain in the area.

And you have some storm warnings for tonight.

Severe Thunderstorm Warning for NW Tucson, Oro Valley

UPDATE: Severe Thunderstorm Warning for Tucson, Oro Valley, Catalina Foothills, South Tucson and the east side until 6 PM. Storms have produced 66 MPH winds at the Tucson International Airport.

TUCSON - The National Weather Service has issued a Severe Thunderstorm Warning for northeastern Pima & extreme south central Pinal Counties until 5:45 PM.

This includes the northwest side of Tucson, Oro Valley, Dove Mountain & Catalina.

According to News 4 Meteorologist Jeff Beamish, radar indicates a severe storm capable of 60+ MPH winds and quarter-size hail. This storm is moving to the northeast at 15 MPH.

Seek shelter if you are in the path of this storm. Stay indoors and away from windows until this severe storm has passed.

Stay with News 4 Tucson & KVOA.com for the latest severe weather updates.

edit on 9/10/11 by Ferris.Bueller.II because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Just a casual observation on things, but I don't think it's any of these storms or events that really stand out. We've had Hurricanes, Flooding, Texas burning down from extreme drought and it's been a year or two of this at least across the seasons and seemingly, all over the world. Nothing unique at all, except the way all the categories of weather events are being covered back to back in any direction one cares to look. It isn't global warming and I don't believe it ever was. It's just the weather going a little psychotic in all ways at about the same time, IMHO. Who knows why...but it's hard to argue the end result.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Uh, what's convection?
Does that have anything to do with the Illuminati?

Just kidding.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Thunderstorms result from strong convection.
Strong convection lifts water to high altitudes.
At high altitudes it's very cold and water freezes.
Strong convection keeps frozen water at high altitudes which leads to additional condensation and freezing.
When the balls of frozen water get so large that the strong convection can no longer keep them aloft, they fall.

Hail, It's a summertime thing.
en.wikipedia.org...

You have now been debunked by ATS's very own Phage...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

This weather is pretty intense. Car horns are blaring in the distance, thunders cracking really loud. Last night there was a really intense lightning storm. Not even exaggerating, my neighbor's house might have been struck by lightning. Their house alarm was going off for like 20 minutes after an extremely large crack was heard.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

Thunderstorms result from strong convection.
Strong convection lifts water to high altitudes.
At high altitudes it's very cold and water freezes.
Strong convection keeps frozen water at high altitudes which leads to additional condensation and freezing.
When the balls of frozen water get so large that the strong convection can no longer keep them aloft, they fall.

Hail, It's a summertime thing.
en.wikipedia.org...

You have now been debunked by ATS's very own Phage...

Oh...you think so JaxonRoberts? Well, how many threads do YOU have that the most famous person on ATS has responded to? HMP! Besides, you can't debunk a hail storm.

How Rude.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Our Arroyo's flooded and we temporarily just lost power. Had to unplug laptop.... its like hurricane rain here and strong a$$ bolts of lightning.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by chanel

This weather is pretty intense. Car horns are blaring in the distance, thunders cracking really loud. Last night there was a really intense lightning storm. Not even exaggerating, my neighbor's house might have been struck by lightning. Their house alarm was going off for like 20 minutes after an extremely large crack was heard.

But the important question is, is it normal for Tucson to get summer thunderstorms, or is this a rare occurrence there?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Pretty normal.

According to the National Weather service's new calendar method, the Arizona monsoon season will start on June 15 and end on September 30.

www.arizona-vacation-planner.com...
www.wrh.noaa.gov...

edit on 9/10/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Well, how many threads do YOU have that the most famous person on ATS has responded to?

I dunno, about 10 or 12...

HMP! Besides, you can't debunk a hail storm.

How Rude.

Hail storm, no... Your 'extreme' guesses as to what the cause is, YES...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

It's totally normal. Its my first summer here. They actually have a monsoon season! Supposedly, it's been a dry one.

These storms are just really wicked! I grew up in Fla, so I've been in hurricanes. The weather in Tucson is just... intense!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Pretty normal.

According to the National Weather service's new calendar method, the Arizona monsoon season will start on June 15 and end on September 30.

www.arizona-vacation-planner.com...

OK. So a conspiracy, or someone looking for stars and flags for a normal weather occurrence?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

Well, how many threads do YOU have that the most famous person on ATS has responded to?

I dunno, about 10 or 12...

HMP! Besides, you can't debunk a hail storm.

How Rude.

Hail storm, no... Your 'extreme' guesses as to what the cause is, YES...

well, I stand corrected then.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
*cough* time of sorrows *cough*
*harrumph* Tribulation *arhem*

Actually yeah, its absolutely normal for hail to drop in a thunderstorm where warm air mixes with cooler air, the cooler air being in a higher altitude so that the rain dropules freeze on the way down and presto change-o, your car just got a WHOLE lot of pock marks in it your car-insurance company is going to try to screw you out of.

That tribulation stuff is gearing up as well but, youre going to find out all about that soon enough.
edit on 10-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by chanel

Uh no?? It is quite normal to have hail during a thunderstorm even in summer with hot temperatures.
It would be more interesting if it was snow.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join