It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it hailing in Tucson?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Yes, I know, Pics or it didn't happen. Well, I don't have any pics but it totally happened about an hour ago.

There's a majorly bad thunderstorm happening right now in Tucson, Arizona. The temperature is dropping rapidly. It's really bizarre since there were clear skies and temperatures in the 90's all day.

About an hour ago, my cousin ran into the livingroom yelling, "Holy $hit! It's HAILING!!"

My partner and him looked out into our gravel front yard only to see chick pea sized hail pounding and bouncing off of our gravel driveway. The lizards were freaking out! Running around in circles after the hail pieces. We thought that the lizards must have thought they were bugs because of the way the hail was bouncing off of the ground.

Now, it's majorly thundering and lightning and it feels FREEZING! What the F is going on? Could this have something to do with the poles slowly shifting? Or Elenin? Or is it another coincidence?

What are your thought ATS? Also, any other Tucsonan ATS users, feel free to comment if it hailed at your place....that way I don't look like a crazy Phoney.

Best,
Chanel

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I have driven through much of the south west many many times and seen much hail. This seems to be quite normal.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by chanel

...severe thunderstorms... several tornado boxes... hail usually comes with tornados...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Just really hard rain here.

Are you up higher by mount lemon?

I am out by the University.
edit on 10-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

Oh and NO BIG DEAL, it snowed a few years back.
edit on 10-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by chanel

Well Chicken little it is called a cold front. It seems we have a thread for every bad weather event on ATS. Really people get a grip.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Why would you immediately guess Elenin or pole shift? Seriously...

Lets relax. Its a hail storm. Go to weather.com or something.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by chanel

This pic was not taken by me but it's proof of what I was talking about.

edit on 10-9-2011 by chanel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

I'm in the central area, North of you. Around Prince and Campbell. You can see Mt. Lemmon from my house.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by chanel
reply to post by chanel

This pic was not taken by me but it's proof of what I was talking about.

Thanks for the proof.
You have to be kidding right?

I sure hope you are kidding.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I'm in the central area, North of you. Around Prince and Campbell. You can see Mt. Lemmon from my house.

HAHAHA small world.

I am around Cherry and Broadway.

I love ATS

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Well, I thought of Elenin because it's going into perihelion tomorrow and I thought of the pole shift because...the pole's shifting as we speak. Isn't this a conspiracy website? That's what made me think to announce this on ATS.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by chanel

I live in Phoenix and the storms are heading this way. There was just an alert on television.

It's just severe weather moving through.

Hopefully my car will get clean after the last dust storm we had, with no little hail dents!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by chanel

The area got hail not once, but twice. Now that is something different.

Local Storm Reports showing hail twice

HAIL Sat 6:11 pm MST AZ - TUCSON 1.00" —
HAIL Fri 6:35 pm MST AZ - HEREFORD 0.88" —

The weather is getting interesting these days. Nothing unique, but all these things back to back, everywhere? Interesting, indeed.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini

HAHAHA small world.

I am around Cherry and Broadway.

I love ATS

That's awesome! You're a pretty famous user
I see you on threads all the time. My partner works right down from where you live. At the U of A library.

ATS does rock!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

...i was on mt lemmon decades ago when it caught fire... that really sucked...

...if this is your first possible tornado experience, keep an eye on the sky and keep the noise down in your house so you can listen for freight trains... thats a joke, sorta kinda but not always...

edit on 9/10/11 by Wyn Hawks because: ...this time, its the dog's fault...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

reply to post by onequestion

Well, I thought of Elenin because it's going into perihelion tomorrow and I thought of the pole shift because...the pole's shifting as we speak. Isn't this a conspiracy website? That's what made me think to announce this on ATS.

A comet does not effect centralized weather in the dessert. That is as ridiculous as this: Car's and Apartments burning in North Hollywood, caused by EMP/Solar Storm?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Thunderstorms result from strong convection.
Strong convection lifts water to high altitudes.
At high altitudes it's very cold and water freezes.
Strong convection keeps frozen water at high altitudes which leads to additional condensation and freezing.
When the balls of frozen water get so large that the strong convection can no longer keep them aloft, they fall.

Hail, It's a summertime thing.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
There was a severe thunderstorm this morning here in So.Cal around 8:30 - 9 a.m. . My son called me to look outside when it started hailing! Soon after, it was a heavy down pour. Seems unusual to me for Sep. I guess the thunderstorms moved to Arizona this evening.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I just moved here from New York last winter. Right before the freak 18 degree night!

I noticed a lot of video's and pics of the hail online just now. Pretty strange indeed. It's been happening a lot this SUMMER!

www.youtube.com...

(this is the only way that I know how to embed video's)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
And I just heard from someone in California today that it's hailing there, and someone from the Netherlands who says it's hailing there. Both were very surprised.

Conspiracy site you say?
Yeah, I'm not impressed that there may be a comet with some germs on it near the sun as the sun's CMEs fire out at us. As in...what's being carried along? Interesting articles abound about germs (plague!) being dropped from above from comets and such.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join