It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Things You Would Bring To a Zombie Apocalypse

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I'm not a believer but I do love to read threads like this.

My list would be:
1) my katana (wont run out of ammo)
2) bicycle (wont run out of fuel and you can take shortcuts)
3) pets, dog (alarm, protection and warmth) & cat (warmth and foodcather)
4) food & water
5) basic survival kit.

This is of course assuming that something would happen right now, I had to leave my apartment on the 1st floor and all my friends and family are death.

I'd rather stay put since my place is a lot safer then the streets, I have enough food to last a few weeks (habit I picked up from my grandma who survived WWII) and I have water nearby.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
My list:

1. Portable DVD player
2. DVD Dawn of the Dead
3. DVD Shawn of the Dead
4. DVD 28 Days Later
5. Bottle of Knockandhu

Sit back, watch the DVDs and enjoy a nice glass or ten of whisky.
edit on 12/9/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
1) A really good bicycle, mountain bike (to outrun zombies, and do it QUIETLY)

2) A Kukri Machete (just an all around good weapon and tool, though I'd hope to NEVER actually use it against a zombie, melee with a zombie = you're a zombie soon)

3) Canteen (need to be able to bring water with you)

4) A B.O.B. (sure, that's technically a lot of things, but if it's in one bag, it's one thing to carry). If that's not allowed, then an empty backpack (well made one), so I can scrounge and MAKE a B.O.B. when looting.

5) A lockgun, great for getting into stores and cars quietly and looting supplies.

Pretty much, I'd think in such a scenario that your day would be spent looting for supplies and preparing your nightly safe place. Night in a zombie apocalypse would be a VERY scary thing. Once the grid is down, you'll see just how dark night can be, and personally, I'd want to be somewhere safe, sleeping until daytime.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
i highly suggest for those who can afford it

nighvision what ever generation they can afford 1-4 i do not recommend thermal unless your trying to find a living person.

have to remember zombies use to be people if you cant see in the dark they cant.

also like to add the use of diversionary devices 37mm "grenade" launcher even tho they dont make 37mm grenades

they do make 37mm smoke canisters than can be shot for cover and concealment for movement you cant see through smoke so neither can a zombie.

another thing i suggest is a means of making alot of noise and using it as bait or distraction for movement away from the horde.

such things include walkie talkies and what they use to call boom boxes etc

some more things people can and should be thinking about bringing but of course the decision is yours.

i also consider locking picking tools, also bolt cutters and pry bars and thermite sticks and a cordless grinder

all good choices.
edit on 12-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Having done night paintball with night vision, I can tell you that if you have nightvision and your foe doesn't, you basically OWN the battlefield, that's for sure.

It really gave me a good appreciation for how a modern equipped army can easily overcome even a superior force, if better armed with tech.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
5 things i would bring to a zombie apocalypse (i am expecting and hoping for one!)

1. cold steel gladius machete (thanks cold steel, we love ya)

2. my katana

3. cold steel boar spear or asegai spear

4. a zippo or flint and tinder

5. a cantine or reusable water bottle with purifier

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
1. Hazmat suit so the blood doesn't infect me.
2. Chain mail knights armor, so my hazmat suit doesn't get ripped to shreds.
3. Cricket paddle, self explanatory.

4. Homemade HE bombs, yes I know how to make.
5. Airsoft Vulcan mini gun converted to shoot metal bb's, because rotten animated corpes just might be susceptible to a slower moving round, and their really quiet.

P.S. To the person fortifying Walmart, you can't steal my idea unless your willing to join us.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Only 5 thing....
Ok I guess the first and most important would be.... A detached balcony!
Then I guess you would need a retractable ladder, so teh zombies can't reach you.
Up on the balcony it would get hot so I guess beer will be needed.
A canopy too I guess.
So my fifth thing I guess would have to be, a TV.
I guess I could have planned better, gosh I wish I would have planned.
But I guess I'll be good against a flood.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Among a variety of other survival items, I'd want the following weapons:

-Remington 870 shotgun
-Taurus Judge revolver (.45 colt/410 shell)
-My Glock 19, high-capacity magazines
-My S&W AR-15, modified with grenade launcher
-Flame thrower

I've already started stockpilling ammo so ammunition is not an issue. I would prob head up north to the mountains because of the smaller population (less zombies) and the fact that everyone has some type of firearm up there.

Cheers!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join