It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Things You Would Bring To a Zombie Apocalypse

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker55
reply to post by superman2012

If it's such a bs thing, then why would the cdc tell people to prepare for one?

You were joking right?

The idea behind the campaign stemmed from concerns of radiation fears following the earthquake and tsunami that rocked Japan in March. CDC spokesman Dave Daigle told FoxNews.com that someone had asked CDC officials if zombies would be a concern due to radiation fears in Japan and traffic spiked following that mention. "It's kind of a tongue-in-cheek campaign," Daigle said Wednesday. "We were talking about hurricane preparedness and someone bemoaned that we kept putting out the same messages." While metrics for the post are not yet available, Daigle said it has become the most popular CDC blog entry in just two days. "People are so tuned into zombies," he said. "People are really dialed in on zombies. The idea is we're reaching an audience or a segment we'd never reach with typical messages."

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Looks like you got the same idea.

1.my .308 LAR-8 Predator
2.my MI 1911
3. All the ammo I could carry (tho I have tons stored away (in the hills))

4.My water purification kit
5. My bible /wife and kid

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
...five things?

1) A sword. A big, fat, long sword. How many zombie movies have you seen where people run out of ammo and have to go cruising around the streets defenseless? Retards. All of them.

2) Food.

3) Water.

4) A generator of some sort. Something solar & fuel powered might be convenient.

5) My PC. I'll need all the escapism I can get.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Don't know who here if any know about this, but does any one recall the zombie ants in I believe Africa? Its a brain eating disease or fungus or something..

www.dailymail.co.uk...

news.nationalgeographic.com...

edit on 09/10/11 ? by SickeningTruths because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SickeningTruths

dude you just reminded me of the bible verse on the acog weapon sight.

heard its either mark or john and goes " i am the light of the world whoever follows me will never walk in darkness,but will have the light of life"

pretty much given a weapon in zombie apocalypse is the "light of life"
edit on 10-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
A sword WOULD be good!!! good thinking.. luckily I have a few of those too

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
5 things i'd bring?

1. A bible
2. A 1911 colt .45 with laser sight and several clips of ammo.
3.Duct tape (useful for just about anything you could ever need it for)
4. Self charging flashlight
5. A longsword for when your ammo runs out

Why did a pick i bible for number 1? Because if you wake up in a zombie apocalypse then you have obviously died and gone to hell, and having that book would at least give you some small comfort before you end up a zombie yourself.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
popcorn
soda
butterfingers
pretzels
napkins

we're talkin about watching a movie, right ? playing a video game ?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
First, paranormal zombies or zombies created by a virus? You can't use close combat weapons on infected individuals unless you are wearing some kind of hazmat suit. You would be infected by the splatter.
edit on 9/10/2011 by GeistMelange because: Mmmmmm splatter

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

our father in heaven

hallowed be your name

you kingdom come

zombies will be done

give us this day the chance to live

and forgive us for what must be done

as we also have forgiven them for trying to eat us

and lead us not into seconds

but deliver us another day of life.

yeah off the cuff not very good but people get the idea.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Just to touch on the zombie ant thing, if it can happen to them. It can happen to us!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I would keep a stash of vicks inhalers. They're similar to something air force pilots keep in their kits. If you were to break two open and mix into a drink, you could stay awake for several days or run a marathon.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4chi11e
I would keep a stash of vicks inhalers. They're similar to something air force pilots keep in their kits. If you were to break two open and mix into a drink, you could stay awake for several days or run a marathon.

When some one here tries this, cuz I'm half sure it will happen.. let us know. DEFINITELY AINT MY THING! But for survival purposes and needing to travel for a few days. Would be a good thing to have in the survival pack!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
i think i will stick to my 5 hour energy drinks.

cases of them.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
You were joking right?

Actually a zombie apocalypse is possible and there are scenarios that can cause such an event. An easy example is imagine if the rabies mutates or becomes weaponized. People would be going mad and spread more infections by biting each other. True the "zombies " would be attacking each other just as much as they would be attacking normal people but if they form a pack mentality it would look almost like a typical zombie apocalypse.

Anyhow it isn't the zombies in a zombie apocalypse I would be worried about, it's the human survivors. A secure and fortified home can be made safe from zombies so long as there is enough food and water to survive until the zombies die off. When the human survivors start walking around and looting for food and resources, then it might be good to have the weapons to scare them off. Most firearm weapons described so far seem pretty good at the task

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vikus

Originally posted by superman2012
You were joking right?

Actually a zombie apocalypse is possible and there are scenarios that can cause such an event. An easy example is imagine if the rabies mutates or becomes weaponized. People would be going mad and spread more infections by biting each other. True the "zombies " would be attacking each other just as much as they would be attacking normal people but if they form a pack mentality it would look almost like a typical zombie apocalypse.

Dont give the Gov any ideas!!! (0.o)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Five things:

1. A mobile fortress

2. A pallet of food

3. 4. & 5. Sidekicks

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Five must-have's for the horde?

1. fortified wal-mart

[complete with small community to help fortify, and fend off mental illness from seclusion]
2. canned and dried foods
3. solar power, to juice my walmart e-goodies... they may be in the isle next to the guns. lol
4. hummer H1 fleet
5. baseball bats and grenades as backup.

But for sure, all the 'psycho survivors' would be just as bad a problem as the z's roaming the streets.
My wal-mart fortress would need a strict policy to allow any strangers in.

Although I'd like to think that it is highly unlikely that modern man would be so easily overtaken by the horde. If by chance it gets outta hand, I may need a therapist to get me out of depression (wouldn't hurt if she were purdy)! ha~

I'd like to note that I read an interesting article once, on Cracked about possible ZA breakout scenarios ranging from least to most likely to occur.
Really gets ya thinkin...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

gun
ammo
fire making ability
food
water
thats all u need

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link