It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Los Angeles is very active at the moment just looking at the live quake cam.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by radpetey

That was one hell of a story.

Couldn't even imagine what it would be like if something like that was ever to happen.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

for what it's worth

For me its certainly worth
keeping aware of what
is going on in Calif. and
elsewhere. I am glad he
came back in and posted.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat
I figure that my time (central standard time) I have been watching this thing for 3 hours. Now don't get me wrong I have not been starring at the thing, but anyway it is now after 10 pm. Please someone tell me this is a mechanial problem.

No I don't think it is a mechanical failure it is showing earthquake activity. But usually those small little steady ones we have been seeing always start with a P wave which is larger than the smaller continuous waves...the P wave is staying constant and not going back to the small waves like we are use to seeing. But it is also not being followed by an S wave which is bigger...so what the article said is more than likely it is in a different part of the earth.

Here are the earthquakes from today:

MAG UTC DATE-TIME
y/m/d h:m:s LAT
deg LON
deg DEPTH
km Region
MAP 4.9 2011/09/22 00:50:00 -17.289 -172.246 36.4 TONGA REGION
MAG UTC DATE-TIME
y/m/d h:m:s LAT
deg LON
deg DEPTH
km Region
MAP 4.4 2011/09/21 23:43:11 33.753 139.653 126.0 IZU ISLANDS, JAPAN REGION
MAP 4.9 2011/09/21 23:10:47 -16.991 -172.851 34.8 SAMOA ISLANDS REGION
MAP 5.1 2011/09/21 22:18:33 24.034 121.696 17.9 TAIWAN
MAP 2.5 2011/09/21 21:50:51 34.285 -119.631 0.1 SANTA BARBARA CHANNEL, CALIFORNIA
MAP 5.1 2011/09/21 19:52:31 -9.645 117.770 44.6 SUMBAWA REGION, INDONESIA
MAP 2.7 2011/09/21 17:40:07 63.860 -150.312 89.1 CENTRAL ALASKA
MAP 2.8 2011/09/21 15:08:36 61.382 -146.949 5.9 SOUTHERN ALASKA
MAP 2.5 2011/09/21 14:06:50 36.531 -89.569 6.0 SOUTHEASTERN MISSOURI
MAP 5.2 2011/09/21 13:31:03 36.763 140.321 51.4 NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
MAP 2.5 2011/09/21 11:02:41 32.244 -115.448 12.6 BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO
MAP 4.1 2011/09/21 10:27:30 16.169 -94.656 41.8 OFFSHORE OAXACA, MEXICO
MAP 3.3 2011/09/21 09:49:27 32.215 -115.447 6.2 BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO
MAP 2.8 2011/09/21 08:21:00 18.393 -68.260 24.2 MONA PASSAGE, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
MAP 3.4 2011/09/21 07:46:03 18.581 -68.002 152.6 DOMINICAN REPUBLIC REGION
MAP 2.5 2011/09/21 06:02:29 32.243 -115.438 10.0 BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO
MAP 4.6 2011/09/21 04:40:05 -6.862 132.466 50.2 KEPULAUAN TANIMBAR REGION, INDONESIA
MAP 3.5 2011/09/21 03:59:58 19.211 -64.478 44.8 VIRGIN ISLANDS REGION
MAP 2.8 2011/09/21 03:53:23 19.243 -64.588 48.5 VIRGIN ISLANDS REGION
MAP 2.6 2011/09/21 01:05:45 40.150 -123.858 20.8 NORTHERN CALIFORNIA

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

it's just weird that the activity started when he posted

and now this part has me thinking

I'll keep you posted. The data I've seen, which is limited, is quite impressive. Leaps and bounds over previous research I have been privy to. They are expecting steady foreshocks over the next 30 days as well, so please be watching the regional S.C. area only. Quoted from today's MB, "people who are aware will begin to notice something is unusual".

bold is mine

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal
[more

"people who are aware will begin to notice something is unusual".

Strange, yes! And now the cam
is showing some strangeness
which I take is from an earthquake
in another part of the world, we hope.
edit on 21-9-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
It just seems that other tremers in the area that have been posted on USGS don't show on this. Why would not local show before something across the world.
edit on 21-9-2011 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

It does

In this post Bob and I saw it on the cam and that was when we couldn't post images, but now we can.. I think I have one.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

anyway, the cam now seems calmer. I got a whole evening of watching ahead.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I am getting different information from different sites. The one told me that the constant P wave indicates an earthquake on a different area of the world....which is kind of true. Another sight described it as a compression that is not fierce and can go through gases and water and travel a larger area of the earth...but it didn't say how far.

Then I got to this, says it could be a warning sign:

As an earthquake warning

Earthquake advance warning is possible by detecting the non-destructive primary waves that travel more quickly through the Earth's crust than do the destructive secondary and Rayleigh waves, in the same way that lightning flashes reaches our eyes before we hear the thunder during a storm. The amount of advance warning depends on the delay between the arrival of the P-wave and other destructive waves, generally on the order of seconds up to about 60–90 seconds for deep, distant, large quakes such as Tokyo would have received before the 2011 Tohoku earthquake and tsunami. The effectiveness of advance warning depends on accurate detection of the P-waves and rejection of ground vibrations caused by local activity (such as trucks or construction) otherwise false-positive warnings will result. Technology currently in use known as the QuakeGuard system employs this technique to automate emergency response procedures that protect against loss of life and reduce property damage.[8] en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 21-9-2011 by kwell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Well what ever it is,Im just gonna keep an eye on it.

To all,stay alert and have a good nite.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Wow I just took a break and checked again and the paper has been changed. Thats interesting. What is that all about. It wasn't even close to the end.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Oh, my gosh! It's almost 4 AM here, but what I just saw jolted me wide awake!!! I clicked on the LA seismo & there was a PSA announcement on it when it first opened!!! I never saw one on there before! Did anyone else? So they have started already??!!! That's 1 for TM!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I see a discrepancy in magnitude. USGS says this Olancha EQ was 2.8 but I have an EQ alert on my phone that says it's 3.8,

earthquake.usgs.gov...

If you look at abclocal.go.com... it does indeed appear to be larger than 2.8 on the paper! Is USGS downgrading them on purpose?

Hmmm this one does show a 3.8
earthquake.usgs.gov...

This one doesn't unless you look at the list of EQ on map.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

edit on 22-9-2011 by favouriteslave because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Four EQ in Darwin in the last 40 min

1.4 2011/09/22 10:01:23 36.156N 117.558W 17.6 13 km ( 8 mi) SSE of Darwin, CA
1.2 2011/09/22 09:51:45 36.158N 117.501W 20.8 15 km ( 9 mi) SE of Darwin, CA
2.8 2011/09/22 09:21:51 36.107N 117.593W 3.0 18 km (11 mi) S of Darwin, CA
3.8 2011/09/22 09:19:08 36.106N 117.592W 2.9 18 KM (11 MI) S OF DARWIN, CA

What is out there besides Searles lake?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by favouriteslave

China Lake Navel Weapons Center. I located this on google maps.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I posted this in the thread.... Something MAJOR is going down in Denver. This is what I think is happening....

I think there is going to be a worldwide earthquake. If you look at the site again for Operation Mountain Guardian....www.omegaresponders.org...,R Look at the logo in the upper left, it shows natural disasters. I think they know exactly what is coming and I will explain why a little further into this. When this hits they know that it will cause tsunamis and also set off the New Madrid fault. That is why the U.S. Navy map of the future looks like this.... www.youtube.com... When a major earthquake hits the New Madrid it will liquefy it with all the flooding there that has been happening and send it into the ocean, splitting the U.S. in two. If you look at that map again, most of Colorado is not going to be flooded. They know there is no place to go to avoid the worldwide earthquake but for the flooding Colorado is the perfect place. I also think there is going to be an EMP(electomagnetic pulse) (I will explain this further in) So with a worldwide earthquake, massive flooding, and no electricity, there will be chaos. An EMP will cause the loss of the magnetosphere and leave us open to threats from space(solar flares and asteroids). This will become evident and everyone is going to want to get underground and everyone knows about the Denver underground bunker, that is why they want to make sure they have the manpower there to protect it...operation mountain guardian.

I also think we are at Defcon1. This worldwide earthquake is going to disable the U.S. the supposed allies of Israel. It will be the perfect time for the enemies of Israel to attack. This will lead to the Ezekial war that the Bible tells us about. I always wondered why it said that they would be on horses and not be fighting with modern warfare. It is because the EMP is going to fry everything electrical. That is probably why they have battleships in their underground cities, hoping to protect them from the EMP.... www.youtube.com... This also makes sense why it say that Israel will burn the weapons for 7 years. They are not modern warfare weapons. If you look at this chart by Luis Vega from Sonoma State University... www.sonoma.edu... it shows a 7 year period blocked out. The Bible tells us there will be a 7 year tribulation and in order for them to burn the weapons for 7 years this war will have to start soon. The chart is quite amazing. The first of Av is know as a time of trouble for Israel also know as a time of Jacob's trouble(tribulation) There were solar eclipses on the first of Av in 2008, 2009, and 2010. Quite amazing that they would fall perfectly on the first of Av each year, but when you look at the chart the rest of the eclipses including the tetrad fall on Biblical feasts, marking out a 7 year time period is unheard of and never happened before.

So now lets look at those murals at the Denver International Airport... www.youtube.com... vigilantcitizen.com... One of them shows a time that looks like happiness and peace. All the people of the world giving up their weapons. It also shows peace with Israel and Palestine(look at the flags). What would cause them to go from all out war to peace? I think it is going to get nuclear and make everyone think we are on the brink of destroying ourselves. Forcing people to look to the governments of the world or United Nations for safety. If you look at this paragraph from the book “The Armageddon Script”....

"A hair-raising confrontation in Korea may, towards the end of the period, threaten man's very survival." [Peter Lemesurier, "The Armageddon Script", p. 223]

and the book “Behold A Pale Horse”...

"Can you imagine what will happen if Los Angeles is hit with a 9.0 quake, New York City is destroyed by a terrorist-planted atomic bomb, World War III breaks out in the Middle East, the banks and stock markets collapse, Extraterrestrials land on the White House lawn, food disappears from the markets, some people disappear, the Messiah presents himself to the world, and all in a very short period of time? Can you imagine? The world power structure can, and will if necessary, make some or all of these things happen to bring about the New World Order." ["Behold A Pale Horse"., p. 177-8]

Continued....

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Continued....

The Illuminati know what is coming because they are satanists. They have exact plans to bring in their New World Order, they know the Bible well and know that God's wrath is coming. They are planning a fake alien invasion with project bluebeam. The people into the new age are waiting for this thinking it is going to be their dawning of the age of aquarius. They are waiting for their new age christ who is really the antichrist. It is going to be total chaos and in will step a superman...the antichrist. He will sign a 7 year peace treaty with the many just like the Bible says. They will think they have peace but the Bible tells us that they will be saying “peace and safety” then sudden destruction will come upon them and they will not escape.

This takes us to the next mural of total destruction. Take a look at it, this is all the things they have been warning us about for 2012. It even has a mayan calendar. This is also in the Bible in Revelation. The four horseman of the Apocalypse are already galloping. The worldwide earthquake is the 6th seal. If you notice in the 6th seal that the sky is rolled back like a scroll(loss of the magnetosphere) which leaves the earth open to the things that follow. The Bible then tells us that there will be a solar flare..hail and fire mingled with blood that burns the trees and grass. That is exactly what happens in a solar flare. As the flare hits the cold outer atmosphere it will produce hail and at the same time the flare will come through. It will kill every living thing in the air, that is where it is mingled with blood. As it makes its way to earth it will burn the trees and grass. Then it tells us there is a mountain burning with fire that falls into the ocean(possible asteroid? YU55 maybe?) Here is the NASA site
with asteroid YU55... ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...
type in November 9 and see how close it comes to the earth. Do you see why everyone might be trying to get into their bunker? Obama has also planned to take over the emergency broadcasting system on November 9, 2011... realweather.webs.com...

Now for the EMP. They have been telling us through movies that there is going to be and EMP. If you look at September 27-29 that everything seems to be pointing to, you will notice that it is also Rosh Hashanah the feast of trumpets. An interesting thing is that there are 7 Jewish feast and Jesus fulfilled 4 of them. The next one to be fulfilled is Rosh Hashanah. Most Christians believe that the Rapture will be on Rosh Hashanah. Here is a video explaining it... www.youtube.com... Here is also a video explaining how it will cause and EMP.... www.youtube.com... Yes, so I think that life as we know it is about to change. I don't think anything is going to happen on September 23. I think the possibility for something happening sometime between September 27th-29th is good. Everything seems to be pointing in that direction. With all that is coming their will be no safe place to hide. The only safe place is with Jesus Christ.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

ALL that you just typed is exactly where my imagination takes me if I read into all what is going on as a conspiracy against the life as we know it. Who knows...but I tell ya what...I refuse to be scared.
I am on the fence until I see all hell breaking loose. If and when that happens I will cross each bridge when I come to it. No sense in getting all worked up when it may just be all in the imagination.

ALL of what you typed is possible. Time will tell.

Peace and love to ya!!!! xoxoxox

Jenn

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

Whoa, that's all very scary connecting of dots on the conspiracy map there. Part of me wants to laugh your post straight off the forum but I can't help but go back to something my kid told me over a year ago when she was five, going on six. After typing it all out, I've decided on further reflection to stick to my policy of not talking in depth about my child on this forum. I'll just say for personal reasons, I'll keep an open mind on your post and keep my tone respectful. Thanks for posting your ideas and I guess we will see soon enough, unfortunately.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain
reply to post by kwell

Whoa, that's all very scary connecting of dots on the conspiracy map there. Part of me wants to laugh your post straight off the forum but I can't help but go back to something my kid told me over a year ago when she was five, going on six. After typing it all out, I've decided on further reflection to stick to my policy of not talking in depth about my child on this forum. I'll just say for personal reasons, I'll keep an open mind on your post and keep my tone respectful. Thanks for posting your ideas and I guess we will see soon enough, unfortunately.

Now I REALLY want to know what your kid said over a year ago!

PLEASE tell us!!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I've seen enough threads get really ugly on ATS when parents post about things their kids say, and the details fit better on the paranormal or the Prophesies and Predictions or The Gray Area parts of this forum than on Fragile Earth. If it was something I came up with I wouldn't hesitate to share...on the appropriate sections of ATS, but since it's from my kid, sorry. There is nothing anyone can do about it anyway. Que sera sera.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join