It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found a illuminati 9/11 reference while playing Deus Ex

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

There's a couple of references here and there. Well actually, there's a lot. While I was doing a mission, I randomly talked to civilians and came across this man. The truth is right in front of your face.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

If you are into video games, this is a must have. I only like to play games with good stories, something I can walk away from and remember. This is definitely one of those - in fact, the plot is right up ATS's alley.

I noticed a bunch of references in this game, in fact the whole story line is based on what is really going on in our world currently - but 16 years in the future. Trans-humanism is only a few doors down the hallway.

Either the people who wrote the game go to ATS or they go to NSA.

edit on 10-9-2011 by ThinkingCap because: i maed sum chaingzz.k

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

Yeah, I have started over about three times. Can't pull myself to beat the game.

I noticed a bunch of references in this game, in fact the whole story line is based on what is really going on in our world currently - but 16 years in the future.

Either the people who wrote the game go to ATS or they go to NSA.

Have you read the ebook somewhere in the beginning intro? It was in a washroom and it said something about how there's technology being hidden from the public in underground bases like Area 51.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
it's true, the truth is right infront of our eyes but most of us are too blind to see it.

Good find anyway, still haven't got the game but I will be getting it.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
If you look closely, you can see he's checking the latest posts on ATS with his phone..

By the way, is that game any good? Looks like it might be interesting..

link   
i showed this clip to my girlfriend who noted the fact that Deus Ex is an anagram of Exodus with the dropping of one of the E's with an O!

Referencing Wikipedia for those who don't know about exodus

The Exodus (Greek ἔξοδος, Hebrew: יציאת מצרים, Modern Yetsi'at Mitzrayim Tiberian [jəsʕijaθ misʕɾajim] Y'ṣiʾath Miṣrayim ; "the exit from Egypt") is the story of the departure of the Israelites from ancient Egypt described in the Hebrew Bible. Narrowly defined, the term refers only to the departure from Egypt described in the Book of Exodus; more widely, it takes in the subsequent law-givings and wanderings in the wilderness between Egypt and Canaan described in the books of Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy.

The extant narrative is a product of the late exilic or the post-exilic period (6th to 5th centuries BCE), but the core of the narrative is older, being reflected in the 8th to 7th century BCE Deuteronomist documents.[1] A minority of scholars assumes that the Iron Age narrative has yet older sources that can be traced to a genuine tradition of the Bronze Age collapse of the 13th century BCE.[2]

Cool clip thanks for posting, i love this game and the immersive storyline.

link   
Great find, my man!

Now this raises the question; What were the motives behind the producers of the game, intentionally including the 9/11 reference (& blatently saying "the same people that faked 9/11").

As just another "conspiracy-type, thinking" game? Makes you think deeper into what they're trying to say...Or what they know...etc.

Remind me of the game, 'Metal Gear Solid' & the subtle references that Hideo Kojima includes!

I made a thread about it & also posted a separate link in it, where "Raiden" (the game's protagonist) finds out that the POTUS, is just a puppet to "TPTB", & also has a few conversations about various other conspiracies:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 10-9-2011 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by camouflaged
i showed this clip to my girlfriend who noted the fact that Deus Ex is an anagram of Exodus with the dropping of one of the E's with an O!

Referencing Wikipedia for those who don't know about exodus

The Exodus (Greek ἔξοδος, Hebrew: יציאת מצרים, Modern Yetsi'at Mitzrayim Tiberian [jəsʕijaθ misʕɾajim] Y'ṣiʾath Miṣrayim ; "the exit from Egypt") is the story of the departure of the Israelites from ancient Egypt described in the Hebrew Bible. Narrowly defined, the term refers only to the departure from Egypt described in the Book of Exodus; more widely, it takes in the subsequent law-givings and wanderings in the wilderness between Egypt and Canaan described in the books of Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy.

The extant narrative is a product of the late exilic or the post-exilic period (6th to 5th centuries BCE), but the core of the narrative is older, being reflected in the 8th to 7th century BCE Deuteronomist documents.[1] A minority of scholars assumes that the Iron Age narrative has yet older sources that can be traced to a genuine tradition of the Bronze Age collapse of the 13th century BCE.[2]

Cool clip thanks for posting, i love this game and the immersive storyline.

Deus ex machina
en.wikipedia.org...

The Latin phrase deus ex machina comes to English usage from Horace's Ars Poetica, where he instructs poets that they must never resort to a god from the machine to solve their plots. He refers to the conventions of Greek tragedy, where a crane (mekhane) was used to lower actors playing gods onto the stage. The machine referred to in the phrase could be either the crane employed in the task, a calque from the Greek "god from the machine" ("ἀπὸ μηχανῆς θεός," apò mēkhanḗs theós), or the riser that brought a god up from a trap door. Although this phrase is somewhat diluted in transliteration, the phrase "god from the machine" implies the old use of mechanical manipulation, i.e., to be made with one's hands. So if there were a more generally accurate way of translating deus ex machina into English, it would be "god from our hands" or "god that we make," implying that the device of said god is entirely artificial or conceived by man.

Greek play mythos.

The big letter above definitely coincide with illuminati beliefs.

The illuminati remind me of Kabuki just they use the stars and symbols instead of body positions

Kabuki
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 10-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The entire game is about conspiracy theories and groups like Majestic 12 and illuminati.
And everytime someone sees the numbers 9 or 11 people go bat**** and think there is a conspiracy in their calculator or license plate.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador

It's weird how he said "The same people who faked 9/11"

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
For whatever reason it was inserted into the gameplay, it is true.
9/11 was faked and was the world biggest hoax (taking over from the
moon landings).

9/11 Video Fakery
Fakery Fakery Everywhere

This Ain't A Game No More, This Is The Real Thing. Senor.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Astrithr

The game is very good if you like Metal Gear Solid, which I do,...

This game definitely has it's pulse on the modern social peril of our time...

I posted a thread about how Alex Jones is represented rather comically, but he is there none the less...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by coastlinekid

hey can you tell me what part it is in the game? im happy to record it and post it on youtube and post it here

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
You know what else pisses me off about this?
That most people haven't even played the game or even know the basic plot, they see a small video of the video game and think its some conspiracy.

If you played the first Dues Ex you would realize how absolutely stupid this thread is.
There is just so much reaching.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Segador, you obviously haven't played this game either. This is the new one we are talking about buddy. It is about the Illuminati.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Actually, I don't recognize that particular interaction but I'll look out for it...

There is one dialogue with your pilot where she is like: "yeah can you believe those stories about
fema camps housing citizens turning out to be true?..."

Great game...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Segador, you obviously haven't played this game either. This is the new one we are talking about buddy. It is about the Illuminati.

Illuminati plays a part in all Dues Ex games
And Dues Ex is a GAME, it seems like op is trying to pass this off as truth.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador

That's the best way to hide the truth. TO put it out in the open and keep it away from people like you who are to ignorant and mindless. They got you too good im afraid.
edit on 10-9-2011 by HazyChestNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by coastlinekid

Aren't there Fema Camp levels also? I saw it on a guide.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

yup...fema interment camp

great game so far...can't wait to play through a second time when i know what the fudge i am doing

got it yesterday, for some reason it's down to $45 already at game stop.....which is highly strange.

i went in to get a used copy of Crysis 2, but deus ex was cheaper!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join