It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Military Plane Forced To Land After North Korean Electronic Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

U.S. Military Plane Forced To Land After North Korean Electronic Attack Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

www.businessinsider.com

North Korea sent out a series of jamming signals bringing down a U.S. reconnaissance plane during major military exercises in March, a South Korea political aide said Friday.

According to Agence France-Presse Seoul's defense ministry says the jamming threw the aircraft's GPS offline as it was taking part in the U.S.–South Korea "Key Resolve" military drills (via Stars and Stripes).

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 10-9-2011 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
i was not aware that North korea had this level of electronic warfare sophistication let alone the stones to use them to down one of our air craft hopefully this dosent turn into more then just this but i hadent seen this posted yet so i figured id see what all of you think

i wonder is this is a sign of things to come from north korea more actual incidents instead of just words

www.businessinsider.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I would not put too much weight upon this story.
The news is always reported in a way to form a desired image or opinion.
I'm sure if this did actually happen, that it was well within the rights for doing so (e.g. possibly entering N-Korea's air space etc.)
As this happened in March, I doubt there will be any kind of aftermath.
Besides, the US has Iran in their sights.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
still relitively breaking havent managed to find anyhting else but im not to versed on how jammers work and whatnot so its kinda out side of areas i usualy research

www.nktoday.com... another link to the story from nhk
edit on 10-9-2011 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
oh yeah USA is always the..

victim!

cuz..

MSM said so!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

I'm pretty sure North Korea has many things that we do not know about, its one of the most secretive nations on earth!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
No U.S. plane forced down by North Korea jamming: source
news.yahoo.com...

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A U.S. defense official denied on Saturday that a military reconnaissance plane was forced to make an emergency landing in March because of North Korean GPS jamming, as reported by a South Korean newspaper. "We have no indication that any aircraft at the time of, or in the vicinity of, this alleged incident was forced to land on an emergency basis," the defense official said, speaking on condition of anonymity. The Chosun Ilbo newspaper, quoting a South Korean Defense Ministry report, said on Friday the U.S. aircraft had been involved in military exercises. It said the North Korean jamming signals also disrupted the global positioning system (GPS) devices of coastal patrol boats and speed boats of the South Korean Navy. Several civilian aircraft were affected. There are about 28,000 U.S. troops based in South Korea and the U.S. and South Korean militaries hold regular joint drills. The two Koreas are still technically at war, having only signed a truce, not a peace treaty, to end the 1950-53 Korean War. (Reporting by Phil Stewart)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
For what its worth - Existing thread on this...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
For what its worth - Existing thread on this...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

join