It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14,000 Assault Rifle Rounds Are Missing From Fort Bragg North Carolina

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

www.businessinsider.com

Army investigators are searching for 14,000 rounds of ammunition missing from Fort Bragg, NC home to US Army 82nd Airborne Division and Special Forces teams.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
This is just too convenient. How does the army let something
like this happen right before the 9/11 anniversary? They
sure have beefed up on security. Who are these numb nuts
that are supposed to be protecting us?

I just think it stinks to high heaven. Something is up and
it smells like a false flag.

www.businessinsider.com

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Imagine that lot going off in some form of improvised explosion

Not Good!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
A bunch of soldiers probably got drunk and had the key to the ammo locker.

Whoever said guns and alcohol don't mix?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
They were probably miss placed,
check under the coffee tables,
under the couch seats.

14,000 rounds might sound like a lot but it really is not.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
"skeptical troll" says:
Probably a paperwork error; it went from some training armory to some active unit in "turdistan" that ran dry because of a backorder or something out of the ordinary and a request or approval got misfiled. Rounds burn nicely but to make a big explosion you need "explosives."
edit on 10-9-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
How common is it to loose ammunition?
TPTB are telling us it is missing as well
as econo vans and other trucks.. Why
are they telling us this now. I am sure
this happens quite often? Am I right
or wrong?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby

www.businessinsider.com

Army investigators are searching for 14,000 rounds of ammunition missing from Fort Bragg, NC home to US Army 82nd Airborne Division and Special Forces teams.

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com

Well heck. They're "machine gun bullets"! Rats. That means I can't use them in my bolt action rifles. Hey, anyone with a machine gun want to buy 14,000 rounds of "machine gun bullets"?

And has anyone found that 2 Trillion dollars missing from the Pentacon yet?

Okay, here is my theory. Jihadi Hajji stole 14,000 rounds of "machine gun bullets". They are packing them in oxygen tanks with C4. Timed to go off throughout the uSA at 9:11AM on 9/11/11.

Look out for Jihadi Hajji's dressed as welders.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
They were probably miss placed,
check under the coffee tables,
under the couch seats.

14,000 rounds might sound like a lot but it really is not.

Probably sitting somewhere at Camp A.P. Hill under a tree.

Tomorrow they are going to tell us they lost a nuke. No. Wait. They already did that one not to long ago.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Just how the hell does this happen?

The missing vans, now the rounds, when are the riles going to show up as missing? Does anyone see any connection? Specially with the "credible but unconfirmed threat".

I wont be surprised if someone takes to the streets with the vans, 14k rounds and some military issue assault rifles. Pretty convenient I think we need another boogeyman you know since Osama is dead and all.

By saying this is missing, the military means to say that they cannot have retina scans at the door of the armory? and that they cannot put RFID chips in cases of rounds or whatever they are kept in. And that a computer cannot automatically record the id of anyone taking any item out of said armory?

Sorry I am not buying it. If they can spend billions every year, yet cant get security up for which technology already exists, I must say that they are doing it on purpose, so they can make stuff disappear and blame it on terrorists.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
two words

tea party

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentC

Originally posted by orbitbaby

www.businessinsider.com

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com

Well heck. They're "machine gun bullets"! Rats. That means I can't use them in my bolt action rifles. Hey, anyone with a machine gun want to buy 14,000 rounds of "machine gun bullets"?

And has anyone found that 2 Trillion dollars missing from the Pentacon yet?

Okay, here is my theory. Jihadi Hajji stole 14,000 rounds of "machine gun bullets". They are packing them in oxygen tanks with C4. Timed to go off throughout the uSA at 9:11AM on 9/11/11.

Look out for Jihadi Hajji's dressed as welders.

If you had bolt action rifles chambered in .223 they would work perfectly.

Just saying

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentC

14k rounds missing of machine gun ammo isn't all that much. Likely a paper error or something because they've probably got several million, if not billion, rounds on a military base.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

two words

tea party

Two more words:

Very irresponsible.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

14,000 rounds of 5.56mm umm, yeah that's about what I've got. Not really all that much, about 16 ammo cans worth. I wonder if they were on stripper clips?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
that's about as many rounds as a good ole' boy shoots in a morning target practice.

Seriously, though it is something to be concerned about, there are many more deadly ordnances that I'd hate to see disappear.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

No, they are NOT "machine gun bullets." They are used in typical rifles such as an M-16. They are automatic, kinda, but they aren't "machine guns." They'll fire a three round burst, or can be set to semi-automatic (one trigger pull = one fired round)

14,000 rounds = 14 boxes. If anyone did steal them, as opposed to them being mislaid, they'd have a nice cache of ammo for their AR-15, but that's about it. At today's prices it's worth $3,000-$4,000 or so. A survivalist would feel very comfy with that stash in his basement, but the fact is you can buy 1,000 round boxes of this stuff at nearly any gun store: Cabela's has it on the shelf.

This round is on the small side. A lot of soldiers think it is underpowered. It has 55 grains compared to a .22 with 40 grains, so you see it really isn't that much more powerful than a .22 long rifle.

This stuff happens all the time. Every training program, every field manuever, ammo is counted out and in, and many times, they have to slog back out to the field to "find" it.

IMO this is not a particularly big deal. Irksome and eye-rolling: yeah, but it doesn;t affect national security.
edit on 9/10/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The government is just like the private sector, except they generally have to report their screw-ups unless they can claim state secrets.

Companies lose stuff...feds lose stuff..hey, I can't find my glasses somedays.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

This round is on the small side. A lot of soldiers think it is underpowered. It has 55 grains compared to a .22 with 40 grains, so you see it really isn't that much more powerful than a .22 long rifle.

edit on 9/10/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

Must respectfully disagree about the power of the two rounds being similar. Not anyway near the same. If you just held the two rounds you could see that. What you are forgetting about are terminal ballistics. The 5.56 or called sometimes the .223 has nearly 10x the stopping power at 100 yards.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Actually, 14,000 assault rifle rounds is a significant enough number to rate a high profile federal investigation.

But apparently, it will be looked at as small potatoes.... sort of like the "missing" nukes story of a few years ago.

That number of rounds, if lost in a single instance, could supply a relative large unit (battalion maybe) for a significant operation..... like... defending a base, or something? Perhaps even a strategically relevant displacement effort? But then, these missing rounds might not even be in Americans (any more) hands for all we know...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join