It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophecy and Parallel Universes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Hello everyone. There is something that has been on my mind a while now and that is bugging me. I don't think many people seem to understand this whole aspect about prophecy. There are a whole lot of people out there who have claimed to have seen the future in the past and too many have not come true. Most likely due to crackpots and drugs.

But, what about the ones that actually were correct? What if they are actually seeing the future. Just only the future they are currently headed toward at the moment. We ultimately have free will, and if there are an infinite amount of realities then it can easily be changed. Take Nostradamus and Edgar Cayce for example. There are alot of claims that have come out of their mouth and only some seem to have come true. Alot of people ask why. To me this seems to be the most plausible explanation.

Keep in mind i don't have research out there and this is just a thought. So, this is where I ask others for any input or research they have possibly done. The whole idea just fascinates me, and if more people could understand that concept then you look at prophecy a whole new way. If there is also an old thread that covered this well, I would pleased to see it.

Thanks for any input

edit on 10-9-2011 by religiousmurder because: stuff

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
That would make quite a bit of sense. I've been thinking about the whole time travel thing in this aspect as well. How some say that when you go back you're traveling to an "alternate past" rather than what was exactly experienced at that time.

Likewise,when you return to the future you return to an alternate one,though maybe only slightly different.
Perhaps this is in play in everyday life more than we know.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
what bothered me for the longest time were the scenarios where foresight/prophesies were basis for succesfully preventing something from happening. how can you 'see' something in the future that doesn't happen?

the parallel universe theories (10, 11 dimensional multiverses) cleared that one up. plus a lot of other stuff.

example -> www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
if you are a prophet /seer that sees future events... what the heck would it do anyone
if the events were in another reality/dimension?

ergo... the futurist would rightfully be deemed a nut case, that dreams dreams and sees fictions

there is no place for false prophets---neither in the spiritual curcles nor in the religious circles

i am trying to figure your basis

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Well, the point of seeing something that isn't going to happen is not the point. If you see a catastrophe that you think is going to happen in 5 years for instance and the events were averted by other actions in the existence. Then you might have seen a future you dodged in your existence.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by khnumkhufu

I watched your video but that did not clear anything up for me. Although i must admit it was a cool video. What point is it that you think i'm missing? Maybe you can shed some light. I'm here to keep an open mind.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I get what you're saying but I don't see where Parallel Universes fit into this (although I do believe in them) Correct me if I'm wrong but you're basically saying that the "prophet" sees something from the future and if it does not come to fruition it's because someone did something to prevent it from happening, which I agree is an acceptable conclusion. I'm just a little lost on how you figure Parallel Universes has to do with it, no offence, lol.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Alright, it's simple to me. If there are infinite parallel universes, then every moment of time must be a universe. I'm thinking of time as 1 moment period and not a moving line. If you jump from reality each moment of life, then the timeline is being chose by you. Remember we are all connected and just keep flowing. (i like to imagine a wave)
edit on 11-9-2011 by religiousmurder because: blah

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by religiousmurder

I believe you are correct.... sort of. I think it is not so much infinite parallel universes (although they exist), but infinite probable futures. I believe our dreams are the same as visions. In dreams we 'try out' possible futures for ourselves to see what fits our present needs. Sort of a trial run. Prophecies are warnings that if we don't change our direction we will end up experiencing what is 'seen' or foretold.

All the well known prophets tell us their visions are warnings only. They can be avoided. The true purpose of prophecy is to be forewarned so we can avoid the pitfalls and danger by changing our habits and direction. The only truely sucessful prophecy is the one that doesn't happen, because the warning was heeded and the 'event' avoided by a change of life direction.

Every choice we make, even making no choice sets us on a specific path. Nothing is set in stone. We create our own destiny, our future reality by our choices. It is a wise person who follows the repercussions of a decision as far into the furure as can be seen, before he makes the choice.

edit on 11-9-2011 by triune because: no reason

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Interesting theory.

This is what quantum mechanic's has to say about it.

The many-worlds interpretation is an interpretation of quantum mechanics that asserts the objective reality of the universal wavefunction, but denies the actuality of wavefunction collapse. Many-worlds implies that all possible alternative histories and futures are real—each representing an actual "world" (or "universe"). It is also referred to as MWI, the relative state formulation, the Everett interpretation, the theory of the universal wavefunction, many-universes interpretation, or just many worlds.

Many-worlds claims to reconcile how we can perceive non-deterministic events, such as the random decay of a radioactive atom, with the deterministic equations of quantum physics. Prior to many-worlds, reality had been viewed as a single unfolding history. Many-worlds, rather, views reality as a many-branched tree, wherein every possible quantum outcome is realised.

en.wikipedia.org...

So ultimately we have free will but there is a number of different possible outcomes to your future reality.

Star and Flag.

new topics

top topics

join