It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt Rainier earthquakes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I normally observe earthquakes on Mt Rainier every year and one of the things iam noticing this year is alot more earthquakes on monthly bases than last year. Is Mt Rainier going to wake up. If so an eruption on Mt Rainier might be worse than Mt. St Helens May 18th 1980 eruption. A mud flow would wipe out Issaquah, Kent and Tacoma, would go into the water and push towards Seattle. If Mt Rainier eruption is big enough, magma would come out, what a mess this would be, cost 15 billion dollars and no one knows where the magma would go. The only thing I would wonder about is would the magma go down to the water and create new land? That would be kind of cool.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Not quite. A pyroclastic flow would go down the Puyallup River and devestate the Tacoma tideflat area, but most of Tacoma would be untouched. Another flow would head North, probably do in Auburn, Kent, and Renton, and wind up at the south end of Lake Washington. Depending on the winds, the ash cloud could go either way, including east again, as it did for Mt. St. Helens. I've seen the geological maps of the potential flow. It's all mapped out.

Indeed, the devastation would be much much worse than St. Helens, which isn't in a populated area. I now live on the opposite side of Puget Sound, so the flow wouldn't get me, though the ash might. I've lived around that mountain my entire life. It's just dormant--not extinct. I hope it does not blow, but staitically, it probably will, as will Mt. Baker, which emits some steam clouds once in awhile. Mt. Hood could go up, too.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Here you go. Issy and east is all ok.

www.washingtonstatesearch.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

OH NO!! my family is so screwed. I live right in the middle of that yellow patch on the pap where is says wilkeson/ carbonado. If one large earthquake is reported at the mountain, I guess we just gotta get out of here as fast as possible. Along with hundreds of other cars as well.

And a side note, maybe those rocks in my yard are not from glaciers, maybe they were falling rocks from the last pyroclastic flow. Oh snap!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Mount Rainier is the most dangerous volcano in America....yes.

However, while there have been a fair size of small quakes there these past months, nothing that would indicate a pending event. Good to keep an eye on her though if you live anywhere near.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
Here you go. Issy and east is all ok.

www.washingtonstatesearch.com...

Bye bye Puyallup. (that's Pew-al-up) My kids live at Lake Tapps. Looks like they will be surrounded! I'm thinking this is a good thing.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by warren3720

I was up there last weekend and besides my nearly 3rd degree burns it was quiet and peaceful.

top topics

join