It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMERICA TODAY: Heartbreaking Pictures From New Jersey's Homeless 'Tent City'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
im certainly not trying to make light of the situation.

but some of those arent half bad.

ive lived in worse.

its bad to see them in this situation. but its good to see people combining resources and working together.

In a disaster, these people would likely survive where millions in the cities would perish.

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

As sad is it may seem, they are more free and independent than most of us... Economic collapse and chaos comes, people will run to these tent cities in time, to beg for help.

edit on 10-9-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: sp

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
This is all part of an elaborate plan to save the failing religious systems. These things that have been set in motion are to direct people toward services that will continue to keep them under the authority of the Papal Empire. Almost every large city in the country has a "tent city". I would venture to say that most of them are run by religious organizations. Some even have plots of land that are fenced and the gates are locked at sundown. Once you are approved (paper work, background checks, pledged to loyalty and to conform to regulations, etc.) to a tent city environment there are more rules. Your friends must even fill out paperwork and be "approved" to come and see you within the compound.

Eventually some of the "seed" people are sent to work farm compounds, and the "weed" people, well after a time they are kicked back to the street. It puts the religious organizations in power to perform "the judgment".

It is intended to make people dependent on religious organizations for their sustenance. Many such places require attendance to religious observations, etc.

None of this is happenstance. I think the financial downfall/mortgage scams have all been part of the plot to revive a failing religious empire.

You

have

got

to

be

kidding

me

Did you really just find a way to blame this on the Roman Catholic church?

Did you miss the part about the CITY COUNCILMEN ordering the bull dozers in once they saw the tents on tv?

Oh and for future reference:

YOU NEVER GO FULL RETARD
edit on 10-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I was recently thinking about pitching a tent at the lake and living there for a while.
No financial hardship I just was thinking about getting closer to nature and not watching TV all the time.
Alas, I am too lazy and decided getting up an hour earlier each day to go home and shower before work was too much. Oh well, at least it's football season again.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
There are tent cities in many places and it's so sad. There are aslo many illegal immigrants holding jobs that these citizens can be doing.

So if there are that many tent cities in many places why isnt that been reported?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by choppedbrisket
I was recently thinking about pitching a tent at the lake and living there for a while.
No financial hardship I just was thinking about getting closer to nature and not watching TV all the time.
Alas, I am too lazy and decided getting up an hour earlier each day to go home and shower before work was too much. Oh well, at least it's football season again.

They have great portable pressurized showers on amazon $25. You can heat up the water on a propane stove or buy he deluxe model that heats the water on demand. Then buy a cheap shower tent for $35 and a portable toilet and you good to go. Really the showers are great. I went camping for a week and it was great to have my own portable bathroom.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

There are tent cities in many places and it's so sad. There are aslo many illegal immigrants holding jobs that these citizens can be doing.

So if there are that many tent cities in many places why isnt that been reported?

The news hasn't been reporting on a lot of things...haven't you noticed? If its not part of their propaganda machine you won't hear about it.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
im certainly not trying to make light of the situation.

but some of those arent half bad.

ive lived in worse.

its bad to see them in this situation. but its good to see people combining resources and working together.

Me too . I love what they have created there and that they managed to get a lawyer who took the case on to have the public land opened up to them. This is how it should be .

Im afraid for them though as tptb, get jealous that people are living freely of the land and will come in and destroy them .

Their life together in the woods working as a community will be a happier life than the artificial life in the towns and cities.
When my parents were a young married couple , they lived in a tent in the forrest by a river . My father was born in a tent or shanty . My father and his whole family went onto achieving good positions . My father had no real academic education , yet became a news editor for the public broadcaster and had many journalist under him . My father trapped rabbits instead of being able to go to schooll .

Somehow an artificial standard of education and expensive housing , expensive goods , has been created to our very determent .

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by eldard

Originally posted by RRokkyy
Where are all the ATS capitalists telling us how well capitalism can solve this problem by
simply lowering the minimum wage of Zero to Minus Zero?
edit on 10-9-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

They're busy directing their operations in China?

They are finding somewhere to live with zero tax rates because it is impossible to live on a wage of >100k and have to pay higher tax on that 100k to 10Gazillion. I mean Imagine the difficulty of living on 500,000 after your 1million bonus has been taxed. Oh the penury, the bread and water for dinner, the cardboard box (with Harrods printed on the side).......greedy greedy greedy people and they don't give a damn.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by malcr

Hey, if I was wealthy I wouldn't give a damn, too. Especially if they were from Amerika.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I've seen people with beautiful homes, own business, 2 or 3 cars and enough money in the bank to live the rest or their lifes without working. They keep working and making more money that they won't spend.

For me, that's when the problem starts, I do not blame any government. I stand up and point my finger to the selfish people between the upper class.

There is no excuse for our civilization to have starving children or homeless people, unless it is on purpose.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

It has been reported in the newspapers in my State, though you won't hear about it often. Most people are aware of the homeless in their comminities. It is a shame to see so many people have to suffer needlessly, especially in the colder areas. Winters are brutal and homeless shelters are always filled to capacity.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

And to think before NATO forces fired "humanitarian" bombs over Libya.......none of this homelessness etc ever happened in Libya!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Poor people are not important profit is whats important. The way the system sees things it would be better if these people were dead that way they wouldn't be drain on the system.

Given that the local city council sent in demo crews, killing the homeless is not too distant an option. You really see what people are really like when you see how they treat those at the bottom.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

what is heart breaking about it, these people have shelter food and water... If you want heartbreaking have a look at pictures from Africa were people have none of the above....

Really the USA is one egoecentric nation.... stop feeeling soz for yourself..

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I know a guy who's making $80,000 a year and living like that.

He likes it. His gambling addiction hinders his housing accommodations....lol.

I know there's some other old farts here who grew up with outhouses and living like that in rural america.

It was good living.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by scottlpool2003
It may be a little inappropriate for me to point out, but the striking thing I see about most of the images is that they're mainly smiling, hugging and generally look in good health and more importantly happy.

I don't live in those conditions but my smile isn't anything like theirs.

Probably because we are slaves and they are the ones that are truly free...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
In the UK you would not be allowed to live like that. Even if you owned the land.

You would be reported to the authorities who would serve you an eviction notice, remove your buildings and place you in a hostel with drug addicts.

If you cant afford to get planning permission and build a house you are required to be state dependent.
edit on 11-9-2011 by justwokeup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I often wonder if the homeless and unemployed were to decide to have a unified march to Washington DC, if there would be a re-enactment of the 1932 incident of "the Bonus Army" and the torching of Hooverville!

In the spring of 1932, 300 veterans from Oregon, calling themselves the ‘Bonus Expeditionary Force,’ or ‘Bonus Army,’ traveled to Washington to lobby the government. By the end of May, over 3,000 veterans and their families made their way to Washington, D.C. Most lived in makeshift huts and tents on the mud flats by the Anacostia River. Similar encampments could be found sheltering the migrant unemployed and poor outside any U.S. large city and were called ‘Hoovervilles.’ By July, almost 25,000 people lived in Anacostia, making it the largest in the country.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
It sucks, I live 10 mins from this camp, and the township is giving them such a hard time...it's horrible.
Here we have these poor people, trying to eek out an existence with what they can find, and people are giving them crap about it.
I might go over there with people on thanksgiving and give them a meal.
Perhaps spend that weekend there as well, helping how I can.

We certainly do live in a world of sh*t.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
this is America GOD DAMN IT....... Reagan said we were "that shinning house on the hill" How could my fathers generation and my generation let us fall to this place ??????I am sad, I am diss-made,STAND UP AMERICA.... we do not have to be this way..... TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK......
West Virginia for Dr. Ron Paul 2012

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join