It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 9/11 Memorial at Ground Zero revealed in pictures for first time.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I would have thought that the 10 year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks would be the perfect time to discuss all things 9/11 related.

But that's just me

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I could not disagree with you more...yes through disaster there are always those who will use it to make a buck...it is human nature....but many are out there working to show people what is going on....this is not about being angry at the government....as there is deeper concerns here.....it is possible there are Israel links involved here as has been put over many times...so therefore it is not just about the government...yes POSSIBLY the government fail the US citizens...but maybe they were not completely complacent....and yes people are sorry for the loss of the people on the day....but it is all so much bigger than that....Now if you lost members of your family ....heaven forbid you did....but you would want to know the whole truth...it is part of the grieving process....it is called closure...and these people have not gotten closure...and these memorials try to mask that...and try to put an end to it....under the guise of closure....well not working as you can see by the responses...people are still looking for answers and not getting them.

The whole senario is not something that should ever just be buried under yet another memorial should it?

as is mention...what about the thousands and hundreds of thousands that may have been killed under false pretences.....I am So glad to see so many people out here after ten years still looking for the answers.....now that is what should make people proud...to know that people are willing to undergo ridicule and slandering and mudslinging and still be strong enough to stand together and speak out against TPTB.

It is not enough as we watch the lies being perpetrated by the MSM on this day as they try to pull at everyones emotions and blag their way past the truth.....and you believe that we the people should just go...cry our eyes out and go ok you're right ...how evil we are for thinking....shame on us all for not believing all the lies we are being told....I think the people willing to speak out and show that the 911 OS is so full of holes, that the same ones whom committed these attrocities should be the ones that fill the same holes in Earth that they created on this day ten years ago as they smuggly laugh behind their glass towers laughing at us knowing yet again they have got away with mass murder.

So don't say shame on us.....shame on those whom just want this to get swept under the carpet.
edit on 113030p://f29Sunday by plube because: (no reason given)

edit on 113030p://f33Sunday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

Are you familiar with the Byrd's tune Turn Turn Turn?

To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn)
There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn)
And a time to every purpose, under Heaven

A time to be born, a time to die
A time to plant, a time to reap
A time to kill, a time to heal
A time to laugh, a time to weep

A time to build up,a time to break down
A time to dance, a time to mourn
A time to cast away stones, a time to gather stones together

A time of love, a time of hate
A time of war, a time of peace
A time you may embrace, a time to refrain from embracing

A time to gain, a time to lose
A time to rend, a time to sew
A time for love, a time for hate
A time for peace, I swear it's not too late

www.lyricsfreak.com...

Basically there is a time and place for everything. This thread is about the loss of the 3000 people in the WTC. And the lovely memorial that sits at that site. It's not about whether the OS is right or the Truth Movement. If one can't see passed that I don't know what else to say.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
REPLY TO Cobaltic1978

I said nothing about how you should not investigate what you feel is the truth. I asked to respect those who lost a loved one or even two that day. One man lost both sons...how about you call him and tell him he should move on?

You are combining two things, your thoughts and feelings and trying to push them on others. You feeling is hate towards the government and your thoughts are there is not the complete truth presented. This creates an opinion and you can have that. However, to state that anyone who does not conform to the truth movement is not decent and insulting the families is again, simply, your opinion.

The memorial is NOT for the Truth movement or those you think are waking up, but for the victims. You opinion is so selfish that it borderlines on narcissism. 10 years later and I do not see 10 million people walking to the White House for the truth.I see less than 1500 out of a population of 300 million that are willing to publicaly state that truth is out there. For once, think not about your own agenda but for these children...

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

wow that made me feel so warm and fuzzy it almost brought a tear to my eyes...

sorry for being a bit synical.....because it is a ten year mark.....it makes it any more or less signifigant than say the one year mark....the three year mark....oh right it is because now there are memorials.....

the Memorials are beautiful...and yes we should remember the fallen loved ones.....it is a sad day indeed...
the sad part is these people were INNOCENT and the GUILTY are still at large.

I am not heartless...i am far from it.....I care deeply for people....I have seven children.....and they are in this world...and they are having children of their own...and do i for one second want them being raised in a world of lies and deceit ....not for one second.....do i help them to understand the world at large...You bet i do.....will i let them be blinded by the Government and all their lies......nope...they are all free thinkers...and they are all logical thinkers......they are not afraid to ask hard questions and i am proud of them all.

now trying to show me some lovely lyrics and thinking that i have heard them...hmmmmm....a wee bit patronizing.

there is a time to turn....but does a 10yr marker make that inevitable....nope....I know that many watching the ceremonies today are feeling ill as the MSM pulls at the heartstrings of people ...... The same MSM that has spewed the lies to our teles.

but other that...i pray everyday for those who die ...not just this one day because some memorial was created on the very grounds that these people attacked our freedoms under the lies that Muslims did it.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

OK, my last post to you as I fear you aren't getting it and I will not disgrace this day by arguing further. This isn't about YOU. It's about the 3000 men and women that died on 911. That's as little as I can break it down. If anyone can't see that they are selfish.

edit on 11-9-2011 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
REPLY TO Cobaltic1978

I said nothing about how you should not investigate what you feel is the truth. I asked to respect those who lost a loved one or even two that day. One man lost both sons...how about you call him and tell him he should move on?

You are combining two things, your thoughts and feelings and trying to push them on others. You feeling is hate towards the government and your thoughts are there is not the complete truth presented. This creates an opinion and you can have that. However, to state that anyone who does not conform to the truth movement is not decent and insulting the families is again, simply, your opinion.

The memorial is NOT for the Truth movement or those you think are waking up, but for the victims. You opinion is so selfish that it borderlines on narcissism. 10 years later and I do not see 10 million people walking to the White House for the truth.I see less than 1500 out of a population of 300 million that are willing to publicaly state that truth is out there. For once, think not about your own agenda but for these children...

abcnews.go.com...

How ironic. It's probably the ones that are searching for the truth who care the most about the people that died that day. After all, exposing the truth of their deaths is the greatest gift you can give to the victims.

Imagine how much you have to care about the deaths of complete strangers for you to go out of your way and invest time into finding out the truth of their deaths.

That care is more priceless than any memorial you can come up with or attend to.
edit on 11-9-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
How ironic. It's probably the ones that are searching for the truth who care the most about the people that died that day. After all, exposing the truth of their deaths is the greatest gift you can give to the victims.

Imagine how much you have to care about the deaths of complete strangers for you to go out of your way and invest time into finding out the truth of their deaths.

That care is more priceless than any memorial you can come up with or attend to.

You're right. The 20 calories it takes to post something on the internet is so much more than the time, thought, money and energy put into a memorial for these people. Not to mention the self control to not post in defense of this because they have a sense of respect. Obviously something I'm lacking at this time as well.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

When you lose someone you never stop looking for the reason or the truth. It is a stage however of grieving. I understand and have read of quite a few people who lost someone that day wanted to know more. You always do. If my father had died in the WTC I would think I may be more apt to support something like that not based on faith but something to fill my hate and rage from loss. Again, a stage of grieving. Looking for something to fill the void.

I apologize but the truth movement is not about the victims but the DVD sales. But that is not what today is about. Is it about the Memorial which I feel is very tasteful. Modern. A place that those who want to remember can go. I am going home and personally will be there for my birthday in December and cannot wait to see the site as more than just scaffolding and a land of confusion.

To me, 10 years was a little too long but I think it was worth the wait.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Plan2exist18

It's a very nice memorial. I was afraid they choose an "ultra modern" design .. a big blob of steel, something that represented nothing.. this however is perfect. And the way they ordered the names by people that were friends and knew one another was a perfect finality to the project.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Hmmmmm you know what i will concede this one to you....as that is what kind of person i am.....but i will start tomorrow with the funding behind this....It will explain some things.

Also just to let you know....i have worked hard on getting info....meeting people and becoming involved in campaigns that work on the truth....so the 20 calorie remark is ummmm....really shallow...once again assumptions about people is not a good thing now is it.

Enjoy the mask

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

You're right. The 20 calories it takes to post something on the internet is so much more than the time, thought, money and energy put into a memorial for these people. Not to mention the self control to not post in defense of this because they have a sense of respect. Obviously something I'm lacking at this time as well.

Rude.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Jepic

When you lose someone you never stop looking for the reason or the truth. It is a stage however of grieving. I understand and have read of quite a few people who lost someone that day wanted to know more. You always do. If my father had died in the WTC I would think I may be more apt to support something like that not based on faith but something to fill my hate and rage from loss. Again, a stage of grieving. Looking for something to fill the void.

I apologize but the truth movement is not about the victims but the DVD sales. But that is not what today is about. Is it about the Memorial which I feel is very tasteful. Modern. A place that those who want to remember can go. I am going home and personally will be there for my birthday in December and cannot wait to see the site as more than just scaffolding and a land of confusion.

To me, 10 years was a little too long but I think it was worth the wait.

It really hits home when you say that the entire truth movement is just for DVD sales. It's extremely insulting and disgusting toward the people that are genuinely trying to find out the truth so that the rest of you can have a bigger sense of closure and lead a more peaceful and happy life.

You should be happy that at least there are people out there that are really trying to help your country.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
All I could say on the 9-11 Memorial is: "Oil floats on water." This in reference to the memorial pool. Nice job, Mr. Bush, CIA & elite.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by plube

Would you prefer crucifixions of the politicians of the time? Those since? How about the supposed terrorists? When is it time to honor those that passed and get past the hate? It's been 10 years and I'm seeing little progress.

Thank you... It's a real example of hate. How a group can hold on to all that frustration after so many years. Not worth it. It will all come around. Karma CANNOT be stopped, maybe put off, depending on how much earthly power one has gained through the suffering of others, but it will not stop. Hate and revenge only serves the same elements that caused the destruction of the towers and other near-by buildings in the first place.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I think the memorial is beautiful.

I went through a wide range of emotions while watching the ceremony today. From watching George Bush walk through thinking to myself that criminals always return to the scene of their crimes. To shedding a tear as I realized that some of those children were still in the womb when they lost a parent, and how they grown up not knowing that parent. It has certainly for me, been a very emotional day.

Of all things 9/11 I do not think I have ever felt like something I have read, seen, heard or watched has ever left me with a feeling of being haunted. Today that changed for me. Did you see those pools where the Towers once stood? Did you see the names that surround it. Those pools are very large, and there are so many names. I started crying as the family members began to read those names from a list. Each speaker ended their portion of list that they read with the family member that they lost that day. I watched the memorial ceremony for about 3 hours... and every time they went back to a live shot at ground zero, some one was there, still reading names. If I am still and quiet and I take the time to really listen, even from where I am now so many miles away, I can hear a family member right now at Ground Zero. They are still reading names. There are so many names.

I am not going to participate in the current debate right now, because those names are what today should be about. Right now. This moment in time. I think both sides have a point, and I too have an opinion, but today should be about those who lost their lives in the blink of an eye, and the loved ones they left behind. Today I feel haunted. I can still hear the Fathers, Mothers, Daughters, Sons, Grandchildren, Aunts, Uncles, Nieces and Nephews. I am still shedding tears. All I can hear right now is those names and if you listen real close, you just might hear them too, and listening to those Family members reading that list of names for several hours. After 3 hours I changed the channel and they were still reading names. I think that is going to be the one thing from all things 9/11 that is going to haunt me, and those families who never even got the remains to give their loved ones a burial now have a place to remember their loved ones. They deserve it.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

REPLY TO Cobaltic1978

abcnews.go.com...

I never said anything about the victim's families needing to move on. In fact they should of course honour the demise of their loved ones.

Can you please look at my post again and tell me where I said this?

I have as much sympathy for the families as anyone. That I believe the evidence I have seen points towards complicity to some degree from elements in the Government, does not detract from that.

It is your opinion that we should show respect by not discussing this belief. So it's okay for you to display your opinion, but disrepectful for me? Wow, what a warped world you live in!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

A memorial based on lies. The ultimate insult to the dead.

If there is ever a revolution, I'd make sure to carve the truth on it.

"Let this be a remembrance of corruption within government so as to not repeat the same mistake again."
edit on 10-9-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

Are you serious? Lies?What the heck are you talking about? Regardless of who you think was behind the attacks,real people died that day.That's no lie. Remember that before you go spouting this nonsense.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
...the more things change - the more they stay the same...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join