It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC subway closed during overhyped Irene for 911 anniversary attack preparations?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
So I remember the subway was closed in NYC during Irene's overhyped arrival. Is it possible for something to have been placed down there by the power that is?
What do you think?
Don't use the subway tomorrow. I cannot be sure about that but could be better not to.
edit on 10-9-2011 by thyextendedself because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
it makes perfect sense as hurricane irene wasnt even a hurricane when it hit northeast,

yet msm stated it was 'targetting' ny

see here

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 10-9-2011 by ignant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by thyextendedself

They could have done anything during the evacuation. We all know it was hyped without a good reason. They made people leave large areas. They turned off the electricity in many places. They closed off the subway. We know they had this event planned and 9/17 planned for Wallstreet protest. I don't understand why the people there are putting up with these conditions. It must be love the insanity or leave it. Personally I would leave it.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
redrose is right

and if our own gov could kill nearly 3,000 10 yrs ago,

we know their track record worldwide says they usually kill exponentially more on the following attacks

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
excellent thinking OP so I'll give you a star n flag.

they treated Irene like a category 5 hurricane one steroids, and it hit as a tropical storm on cotton balls. It's very possible that they used it as a ploy to keep people out of the subway. Isn't it true that a big enough explosion could make the ground above the selected tunnel collapse??? Even a chemical attack in the tunnels would be devastating.

Remember before 9/11, the construction work that went on??

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
WW3 is a Go!!!
And I bet you THEY remembered the 5 P's..
Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
WW3 is a Go!!!
And I bet you THEY remembered the 5 P's..
Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Actually it's Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. Just sayin.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

They also closed the Tappan Zee bridge, which is a huge expansion bridge over the Hudson River connecting Rockland county, NY to Westchester county, NY, as well as the north tube of the Holland Tunnel, which runs under the Hudson River connecting Manhattan to New Jersey. A false flag op occurring at either of these structures would be catastrophic to NY but it is the closing of the Tappan Zee that has peaked my interest and I’ll explain why.

The TZB was built in the 1950’s as part of the NYS Thruway system. It is one of the longest expansion bridges in the world (9th longest, I believe) and has been the source of controversy and a great deal of political angst for many years. It was hastily designed and was never intended to last as long as it has or to handle the volume of traffic it currently does (it is the second most heavily traveled river crossing in all of NY, second only to the George Washington bridge). It has cost the state millions of dollars in unanticipated upkeep over the years, which has been a necessity to prevent it from literally falling down.

This is an excerpt from one of hundreds of articles that can be Googled relative to the bridge (link):

The Tappan Zee was designed to carry fewer than 100,000 cars per day, but routinely handles more than 150,000 now. The bridge was built in the early 1950s during the Korean War, and a shortage in building materials meant that a sturdier bridge couldn't be built. The George Washington Bridge, for example, opened in 1931 and was designed to last 150 years.

According to state inspections of the Tappan Zee Bridge, one of the biggest structural issues is the deterioration of the wooden pilings, which are beams submerged in the Hudson River that hold up the bridge. The pilings have been eroded by the water, expanded and contracted by extreme weather and chewed into by waterborne worms.

The current estimated cost to tear the bridge down and rebuild it is $16 billion. Many politicians have said that the state just doesn’t have the money to rebuild it, yet it continues to disintegrate; a virtual time bomb waiting for the unthinkable to happen. The most recent effort to keep the bridge in tact is called the “Deck Replacement Project” and each week, the New York State Thruway Authority issues a bulletin advising of repair closings.

This is for the week of 8/22/2011: Work scheduled every night, Monday through Friday.

This is for the week of 8/29/2011: No work scheduled for any night – this is in the aftermath of hurricane Irene which occurred on 8/28/2011.

This is for the week of 9/5/2011: No work scheduled for Monday night (Labor Day) but work resumed on Tuesday through Friday nights.

This is for the week of 9/12/2011: There is no work scheduled for Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, 9/12 - 9/14, but then a supposed resumption of work for Thursday and Friday nights.

So why am I concerned about this particular bridge?

a) Closed for several hours following hurricane Irene;
b) bridge has been falling down for many years and continues to disintegrate;
c) NYS doesn’t have the money to rebuild the bridge which means they would need to keep addressing the problem with Band-Aids, costing many more millions, until the unthinkable happens, and
d) there has been no work scheduled for the Deck Replacement Project for either 9/12, 9/13 or 9/14.

Now I’m not saying that there is, but IF there was going to be a terrorist false flag op perpetrated for 9/11 in New York, and a "target" was to be selected as the proverbial sacrificial lamb, do these factors not give rise to concern?

Of course, this could all just be a bunch of malarkey and we'll wake up on 9/12 breathing a sigh of relief over the latest "anxiety du jour", but then again...

Timidgal

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I have thought ever since the evacuations for the "Major Hurricane" that they had plenty of time to go in and plant what ever they wanted in any of the evacuated areas.

If something were to happen, pay close attention if it was an area that was evacuated.

One other line of thought I have had, the NFL games scheduled for tomorrow. Don't the Jet's play the cowboys tomorrow? Is that an area that was evacuated?...where the stadium is?

I had the same thought for the game in Baltimore tomorrow..not "in" DC, but very close to.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Point well made, summer5, but from what I can find, East Rutherford NJ, which is where MetLife stadium is located, was not one of the areas evacuated. With that said, the entire area would have been empty the day after Irene because the sports complex is huge and fairly isolated, so who knows? I suppose it could have been just as vulnerable as any other location. Let's hope this is all just nervous conjecture and nothing else but open discussion about such possibilities is a great way of keeping hidden dangers at bay...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I don't know dude, I think something happening in the area that was recently closed down would be too suspicious and even the biggest sheep will see it as too coincidental.

But what exactly would they do in the subway that would require it being closed down that couldn't just be done by an ordinary person? Remember the London Bombing? Something like that could be pulled off by a dude who has a bomb strapped to him or something. But I've never been on the subway, they might have metal detectors and stuff like that before you board.

Would they be setting up bombs down there? That's really the only thing I can think of...
edit on 11-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Ask the hobos

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
"Oh and before I move on to the next section, it might be important to mention that someone on GLP mentioned that a relative of theirs works in the NYC Subway system. Upon returning to re-open the subways after the hurricane Irene closure, a large number of unauthorized workers were seen in the closed subway system. Evidently they refused to identify themselves. Hmmm."

www.tribulation-now.org...

Interesting article/quote from one of those Kooky conspiracy sites, and they are Christians to boot. What next...aliens.
Just thought it was worth linking.

top topics

join