It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible explanation and treatment for Morgellon’s Disease

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Here's the treatment first. Have your home inspected and treated for a critter called collembola, or just move (also mattresses and couches may need to be replaced). They are a tiny critter that live in moist, damp places and feed on mold. It is very plausible that getting rid of these critters in the home will help with problems in the skin. Also there appears to be an antibiotic that may help as well, this makes sense to me because some collembolan feed on bacteria so it may be possible to kill them by killing their food source.

I will now provide information, evidence, and links to support this claim.

First what is Morgellon's Disease?
en.wikipedia.org...
From Wikipedia,
Morgellons (also called Morgellons disease or Morgellons syndrome), is a name given in 2002 by Mary Leitao[1] to a proposed condition referred to by the Centers for Disease Control as unexplained dermopathy and characterized by a range of cutaneous (skin) symptoms including crawling, biting, and stinging sensations; finding fibers on or under the skin; and persistent skin lesions (e.g., rashes or sores). Current scientific consensus holds that Morgellons is not a new disorder and is instead a new and misleading name for a well known condition. Most doctors,[2] including dermatologists[3] and psychiatrists,[4] regard Morgellons as a manifestation of known medical conditions, including delusional parasitosis.

The CDC has been researching it since 2008 however; they have yet to release any results.
www.cdc.gov...

Here's a research organization with more infomation about Morgellon's.
morgellons.org...

From this link, www.safesolutionsinc.com...

Ginger Savely is a nurse practitioner who specializes in treating the tick borne Lyme disease. She also has first hand experience with the mystery disease.

"Right now I think I have about twenty eight Morgellons patients," says Savely.

According to Savely, the anti-biotics she gives to patients with Lyme are also working on some Morgellon's patients.

But this treatment is also unproven, and since doctors don't know if it's contagious, the Dills say their home is now their prison.

*Note the home may become a prison. This is a bad thing if collembola is the cause and not treated.
Also in my research, I noticed that Morgellon's often infects families, which also leads me to believe it is a cause of collembola in people homes.

What I wondered is why no one has tested the fibers and released the results. Well someone did.
Also from the above link.

The NPA teamed up with the Oklahoma State Department of Health to study the creepy crawlers.

They took skin samples from 20 patients who claim they have the bugs, but were diagnosed by their doctors as delusional.

Researchers found collembolan, a microscopic critter, in 18 of the 20 patients.

They sent their results to the CDC.

The CDC told Altschuler that the collembola was not a danger to humans, even though she says the CDC has shown her no specific study to prove it.

Here's more supporting evidence from Headlice.org
www.lice.org...

And finally, I found this from this site, www.njmoldinspection.com...

The professor states "The Collembola were showing up in our medical mycology reseach lab studies on a regular basis and are found to be active in wet or damp human habitations and are associated with a presence of fungal mold. Eliminating the fungal mold and causation of its presence often results in the riddance of the Collembola" When asked why are they contemporaneous he says "Fungi are a delicacy and these bugs are gourmets!"

I hope this thread will be of some help to people suffering from this terrible disease.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Morgellon's made an appearance on the last episode of Ancient Aliens. Quite the strange disease.

In the episode, they demonstrated that Morgellon's is often accompanied by very tiny colored fibers that appear in the sores the disease creates. I have to admit, they made a compelling case for Morgellon's being some kind of disease that arrived from outer space. I believe it has only started showing up in people in the last couple of decades, yes?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

I'm a medical student and I never heard of this disease, it sounds pretty crazy though, I definitely have to review my skin pathology notes and see if its embedded somewhere there. Delusional parasitosis huh? that's crazy!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
the medical community even in this day and age is quick to diagnose anything that cant be diagnosed by the book, as paranoid delusions, even if your sitting there with insect legs and fibers crawling out sores all over.

it is a symbiote with many development stages. im not a medical student but from the intel i gather, i would guess it is a carnivorous fungus and an exotic mite (perhaps insect species from another planet) living together as one parasitic organism not only on the skin but throught the blood, plasma, organs, and tissues in humans!

there is a worldwide bedbug epidemic right now including USA and its likely some othe bedbug cases are actually misdiagnosed Morgellons cases. most doctors/derms are going to misdiagnose it because even they dont even know about it.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BoltonWanderer

I believe it has only started showing up in people in the last couple of decades, yes?

No, not necessarily.

In my research I found reports going back to the 1600's.
www.morgellons.org...

The name comes from a condition involving "black hairs" emerging from the skin of children that was documented in France in the 1600's. It is unknown whether that description is related to the illness we are now describing.

edit on 10-9-2011 by IndieA because: added link

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
www.morgellonsexposed.com...&Morgellons.htm

I don't know, but I don't like it. If this is true... how do we stop it?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Is there anything that explains these Collembola creating fibers? This sounds like it'd be a good theory for the itching and crawling feeling without the fibers, but they are still a big part of most cases. They have tested the fibers too, and came up with no match for any substance that produced fibers that they had available. It's hard to imagine bugs producing multi-colored/auto-fluorescent fibers that grow from the skin. If they did that'd be even more disturbing. I've looked through the links and saw nothing about the Collembolla causing fibers so if you have that information somewhere could you show me? I'm curious to know.

top topics

join