It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14,000 rounds of 5.56 ammunition missing from Ft. Bragg

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
I mean hell Gander Mountain has a deal right now where you can buy 1k rounds of American Eagle Tactical .223 for $300, and it even comes conveniently stored in a sealed military grade ammo can. This would draw much less attention than say just straight up stealing the ammo.

Cheaper than dirt also has 5.56 in 2000 round boxes for $664.19.

Just get your debit card out, order 7 boxes, and you can have your very own stash of 14k rounds.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
That's alot of rounds to simply walk off with. Was this a) an accounting error; b) someone profiteering from a poorly managed system; or, c) something more sinister?

source

I had range control duty for a while in the military and well we could go through 50000 rounds in a day. So really thats nothing. Its probably a paper work issue when troops go the range there commander allocates rounds for the exercise. If they dont use all the rounds there required to turn them back in. However what often happens is instead of turning them back in they will shoot them off just to avoid the paperwork. However is range control makes a mistake and doesnt show those rounds being used you have missing rounds.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by jtma508

I don't think that's a lot of ammo. I have friends with more than that in their apartment closets, LOL!

That is 14 ammo cans, or probably about 1 case of ammo cans. Easy accounting error, or easy pilferage from a supply clerk. I don't think it is anything nefarious.

Perfect to arm at least 30 people who will have 500 bullets each
that enought to take hostage any federal building
or to make a enormous amount of casulties if they start shooting in a crowd

cant really underestimate this news
bullets are to kill .. so they will be used .. but by who and on who

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Just over one minutes worth of fire from a XM214 at full RPM.
en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join