It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens and UFO's...seems to be replacing religous feelings for some

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SeleneLux

We discussed this in a psychology class i had. The reality is that humans need to have faith in something. For many religions such as Christian, Muslim ect is archaic and they are to sophisticated for them. So the modern replacement is aliens because in there eyes it doesn't clash with the other popular religion science.Science replaced religion however for many this isnt enough they have a need to believe in something. And quite frankly science kills beliefs science is about knowing.

Heres where aliens enter the picture but the story doesnt change at all instead of god creating us aliens did. Then as god helped mankind (Israelites) so did aliens. God will return aliens will return the players changed the stories the same.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Not always the best of sources: Wiki

"UFO religion is an informal term used to describe a religion that equates UFO occupants with gods or other semi-divine beings. Typically, the UFO occupants are held to be extraterrestials and that humanity either currently is, or eventually will become, part of a preexisting extraterrestrial civilization. Others may incorporate UFOs into a more supernatural world-view in which the UFO occupants are more akin to angels than physical aliens, though, ultimately this distinction may become blurred within this worldview.

Adherents believe that the arrival or rediscovery of alien civilizations, technologies and spirituality will enable humans to overcome their current ecological, spiritual and social problems. Issues such as hatred, war, bigotry, poverty and so on are said to be resolvable through the use of superior alien technology and spiritual abilities. Such belief systems are described as millenarian in their outlook.[1][2]"

A religion doesn't have to have an alter, customs, attendance etc. to be called a religion. But it is a belief in a 'higher power' of sorts. This is where the draw or attraction is for some ancient alien researchers. The whole development of this idea is to draw yet more people into the BELIEF that our 'god/gods' were extraterrestrial.
So, yes, it is a religion to some.

Somebody wants you to place your Faith in this, and I can safely say, that it's not God.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
[color=gold]

1 does hear what your observation shares. The thing is are you sure they believe are learning or observing themselves. To go further are some here just receptive to more then most may be observing. Personally 1 does debate on some of the content mentioned within the OP, somewhat. 1 can understand how some may mix paranormal activities (ghost orbs lights spirit energy etc.) with what are described as interdiminsional or ultradimensional beings. Those said not to be remaining fully in the third dimension 3D. When the Angels and demons are discussed the Watchers and some of them who fell and many other beings mentioned in religion are somewhat what can be related to the positive ET or negative Aliens. So its not observed from my perspective that many just believe as more they are becoming aware more of their existence on Earth. That's why 1 asked believe observing learning receptive? Further there are ancient text written that carry certain datas Sumerian data that has made it into some if not all of the religious teaching great books. When you read and see connections its hard not to begin to see LIGHT in areas where darkness ruled the minds conscious of many by forcing ignorance into the minds to distract. Causing ending effect walking dumb as they call many. Interesting thread.

YOU GOTTA LIKE THE ANNUNAKI
DATA

NAMASTE*******

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA

edit on 9/10/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

You may not, but a lot of people react and act like it is a religion.

Xenu, Zenu, nor even Zkkknacy is not going to land here and save us from ourselves.

They may land here and find us tasty when made crispy and discover we go great with ketchup!

I think it's probably obvious that we'd all be pressed between 2 buns already if that were the case.

It seems far more likely that (based on the evidence) they created us. And they are waiting impatiently for us to get over our fear and make the realization and begin to clean up our act.

And btw, just because an alien can come to Earth from another galaxy doesn't mean they are super spiritual. More so than humans I imagine, however the highest realms of consciousness are undoubtly acted out without any sort of body at all.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

There are a lot of parallels between UFO beliefs and religion. The bottom line is that both the UFO phenomenon and religion suggest there are bigger events going on for which we have self-proclaimed witnesses but little or no evidence. So honestly I think they occupy pretty much the same category these days, for better or worse.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76

It seems far more likely that (based on the evidence) they created us. And they are waiting impatiently for us to get over our fear and make the realization and begin to clean up our act.

Based on what evidence? Explain the evidence and you may have a convert. Warning though, I am EXTREMELY well read.

There is no evidence. There never will be. We are unable to understand this from our three dimensional reality. When our vibrational level raises we may begin to unravel the mystery of creation an why we are here, but until then all bet are off.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnus47

Well put. You are one that understands.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Htrowklis82
I grew up in church, and loved it...Ate it up.
It was there for me, when I had nothing. Sometimes I even think about going back to church, if only for the fellowship and support.

However, the experiences I had with UFO's and ET's was causing me distress in church...nothing they were saying was jiving with the experiences I was having in my actual life. I had so many questions!
I even sat with my minister and he admitted he had similar experiences and was indeed asking the same questions. (side note) he left the church within six months, and started a more spiritual based ministry rather than a bible based. He seems happier too!

Anyway the old ladies said I was having a crisis of faith...asking so many questions. I should just have faith and pray.
I am a smart girl tho....and I am not going to just be a sheeple and forget I have a brain!
Basically I "came up with" the idea that the God of the bible and angels and UFO's and aliens were the same thing. Based on their level of understanding at the time...I believe this is naturally how this phenomenon came to be explained.
I look at my Egyptian culture class at the works of Nefertiti and Akhenaten and I think...gosh they sure look like aliens!
So many things point to the sky and the assistance we received from the gods that had the power of flight.
Well lo and behold...turns out I didn't "discover" this on my own after a summer of thought. there is a whole group of people who feel the exact same way I do! I do say Erich von Däniken beat me to the punch by almost 50 years lol
That is how I came to leave organized religion behind...and adopt a broader look on life and spiritualism.
it does say fallen angels disguise themselves

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sawu101

Originally posted by Htrowklis82
I grew up in church, and loved it...Ate it up.
It was there for me, when I had nothing. Sometimes I even think about going back to church, if only for the fellowship and support.

However, the experiences I had with UFO's and ET's was causing me distress in church...nothing they were saying was jiving with the experiences I was having in my actual life. I had so many questions!
I even sat with my minister and he admitted he had similar experiences and was indeed asking the same questions. (side note) he left the church within six months, and started a more spiritual based ministry rather than a bible based. He seems happier too!

Anyway the old ladies said I was having a crisis of faith...asking so many questions. I should just have faith and pray.
I am a smart girl tho....and I am not going to just be a sheeple and forget I have a brain!
Basically I "came up with" the idea that the God of the bible and angels and UFO's and aliens were the same thing. Based on their level of understanding at the time...I believe this is naturally how this phenomenon came to be explained.
I look at my Egyptian culture class at the works of Nefertiti and Akhenaten and I think...gosh they sure look like aliens!
So many things point to the sky and the assistance we received from the gods that had the power of flight.
Well lo and behold...turns out I didn't "discover" this on my own after a summer of thought. there is a whole group of people who feel the exact same way I do! I do say Erich von Däniken beat me to the punch by almost 50 years lol
That is how I came to leave organized religion behind...and adopt a broader look on life and spiritualism.
it does say fallen angels disguise themselves

Why would an 'angel' need to disguise themself?

Why can't religious people realize that angels and aliens are the same thing?

I guess because Hollywood has given you pictures of Stephen Speilberg's 'E.T', and church has drawn people with wings on their backs.....

The 'wings' that the Renassaince artists were trying to interpret was 'the ability of flight', as in 'with spacecraft'.
edit on 14-9-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Well, as both a believer in a universal God and aliens, I have to say that it doesn't matter. People get all up in arms about the alien thing. Why? I am not saying that I fully believe this, but let's just conjecture for a second. Let's say that we are just some lab experiment by aliens. What significance does that really have?

If there is a universal God, and I know that there is, it has absolutely no significance. Why not? Well, that universal intelligence willed that to happen or it wouldn't have. Secondly, just because we might have been created by flesh and blood creatures does not rule out that there is a spiritual Creator of everything. Much like the debate between Creationist and Evolutionists, I think it's much ado about nothing. That's just my two cents.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
As I see it Religion is a man made thing and I don't really see it being a bad thing for I feel people need to believe and have faith in something. I do think the Pope's of long times gone changed the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday and used trickery to get people under their control.

Aliens as you call them are parallel to us in many ways but with most I would say it is Spirituality they seek and wait for the Human Race to realize. Love, peace, giving instead of hatred, war and greedyness.

We are created lol that is what the Creator's do and thankfully they know their is more good here then bad........ they say this is a race worth trying to save when the event occurs.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
"Aliens and UFO's...seems to be replacing religous feelings for some"

Hardly.
8 in 10 on ATS have no religious feelings, life just came about.
The same 8 in 10 on ATS tout Aliens and UFOs for some sort of payday
or goose bumps or some other reason than religious.

Religion involves God which has nothing to do with super flying machines
or ETs.
ED: God worship is the "involves God" as religion is defined as the worship of God.
edit on 9/14/2011 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeleneLux
Hi ATS this is my first thread so go easy on me please!?

I have lurked for some time and have noticed something that I cannot deny. A good share of the ET/UFO enthusiasts unknowingly argue and debate it like it is a religion for them.

Who knows what is actually happening with sightings in our limited dimensional perspective, I am not hear to affirm nor deny.

I am just stating an observation and it seems obvious to me that a lot of people have replaced or originated ET as a religion in an unconscious manner. They believe that this "higher power" may save mankind, is more understanding and empathetic than mankind. They believe ET has evolved past the lower self. They believe all spiritual and religious feelings and belief can be traced back too ET interaction with ancient man/woman. They even believe where God in the bible states "We have made man in our image" translates to another species making us in a lab, instead of the translation if God being spirit and is both man and woman, and may be referring to making man and woman from the dual aspects of the deity.

Be gentle with me.

edit on 10-9-2011 by SeleneLux because: (no reason given)

How somebody: like MasterGemini, can compare my ET faith with "Xenu," is almost beyond my comprehension.

I can't say that the ET's are more understanding, and empathetic than humans; because they have not proved it as such.

I do not support the forced reducation of any people's faith's of any religion; and I hopefully feel, that neither would the ET's.

I support the freedom of religion, and even support the freedom of interfaith, whereras people can have faith in, for example, like - Christianity - but still also have faith that our space brother's will help save our Earth in the long run.

No burning at the stake here, or any inquisitions, just a steadfast belief, and for some people like myself -knowing- that the ET's and their other-worldly that have been visiting our Earth are for real; and the unwritten message that they convey is that interstellar travel is possible - Which is the Holy Grail of the human race.

I do not believe that ET's created us, since I believe in evolution of the entire Universe.

My religious faith is ingrained into my conscious, and also into my subconscious as well.

Cheers,

Erno86

edit on 14-9-2011 by Erno86 because: grammar, added and deleted a couple of words

edit on 14-9-2011 by Erno86 because: spelling

top topics

<< 1   >>

join