It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Summer 1989, My story.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
sounds like a pretty vivid dream to me. had you watched any horror or sci fi movies anytime around there that may have had something to do with it?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Movies never scared me, i grew up with the Aliens movies, the terminator, rambo etc. I`ll find out what happened one day.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by scapers2u

yeah, i remember some seriously spooky things from when i was 2-3, its not uncommon if something seems important enough to remember

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

That link from ufocasebook gives me the creeps.

It was probably a dream, though. Ask yourself this: why did it happen during the night when you would be sleeping? I bet you that it happened at that time because... it was a dream.

But... I know why it bothers you. I've had some dreams too. Talked to people who have had even stranger more believable dreams than me. But without evidence, it's just a dream.

When I was a kid I told everyone I slept with my eyes open because of these dreams. I saw a ghost standing in the hallway. It looked like someone was standing there with a white sheet over them with dark holes cut for eyes. I screamed. My brother remembers me telling him that in one of my dreams my covers were being pulled off me - i don't remember that one. I remember a dream where the curtains in my room were moving and there was light in the room. I remember sleeping over a friends house and seeing a star in the sky that was bright and I remember telling people that it had rays coming out of it like the bethlehem star I saw in cartoons.

My dreams are nothing compared to what some people have had. I don't blame them for believing that they were real. And then there're people who have seen ufos when they're awake... One guy I knew said he had seen em. Even my grandpa saw one. I've talked to probably a couple dozen people (or more) who told me they saw something.

I'm a very fantasy-oriented person. And waking dreams are a perfect explanation for all of it. I am 99% sure that my own dreams are just dreams. But I'm not so sure about other people.

Generally, I'm very skeptical about the ufo thing. More than I was when I was younger. I think we turn to fantastic explanations instinctively. More prosaic alternatives are against our nature.

However, I won't ever eliminate the possibility that maybe there's something to it. But extraordinary things require extraordinary evidence. We shouldn't tempt insanity.

One last thing... Several years ago I was playing an old computer game named Terminus. Haha. So I was on the Mars Station and I hear a BOOM on the floor like a big book fell. I thought it was my computer. Then I thought it was the room next to me, but no. It was weird because we didn't know where it came from. Then I look out my window. I see a big owl flying to the tree. I've seen owls before - kind of white/etc. Barn owl types. So I go outside and a few minutes later there's a helicopter flying around. They must have been looking for something and they were so close I could see the pilot. I think the owl was spooked by the helicopter or something. It must have been on our roof and made a noise. But anyway, owls are creatures of the night.
edit on 6-11-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I don't remember sh**.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Very cool and disturbing story. Watch the fourth kind if u havent already. Lot of atuff matches up. I remember falling off a slide when i was young. Lot of other injuries. Maybe u seeing this is kinda the same. It feels like an injury to a young mind. I think i would remember seeing something like that forever reguardless of my age.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
There is such a thing as false memories...they are actually extremely common. Several studies have shown that people often are wrong about what they were doing on 9/11. They asked a group of people what they were doing on 9/11, the day after it happened. A few years later they asked them again, and a good share of them were wrong.

You could be right though, but the odds are vastly against you. The vast majority of people can't remember anything that young. And especially with such detail. The fact that you include so many details, suggests you are making up the story, or filling in a lot of details with what you think should have happened.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

I cant belive that was you! who hit me on the head with that wooden block i could barily see straight! dont worry a wooden block near you will visit.

nah just playing but some kid did hit me with a wooden block back in my childhood. I was 4 or 5 he must of been 3 or 4.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Ive spent many years thinking hard about what it was that happened and i seriously doubt its a false memory, dream maybe but unlike any ive had since. My intention for orginally telling the story was seeking info on the ufo report from 1989 not attention. For all i know it was a hoax, the only info i found on it was in the link which is why i asked and my original reason for joing this site.

And honestly if i was going to make up an alien abduction story i`d make it way more vivid and tell a good story.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join