It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Invasion makes the news: Are they worried about something?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11:11
I really don't respect Stephen Hawking after hearing his thoughts on this. So apparently this man is some genius eh? Yet he thinks advanced civilizations would be like nomads traveling through galaxies wiping out other species and taking their "resources". That idea is completely ludicrous. For a civilization to reach the point of intergalactic travel they would likely need to become harmonious with their environment and work together in peace as a species. Not only that, "resources" needed for fuel and energy would likely come from the stars, water, or some other source maybe from the quantum world we are not yet aware of.

Finally, the fact of the matter is, if there are aliens out there then I would think it's safe to assume they are already here observing us and have proved they are no threat.

Is it possible there are "evil" aliens out there that could pose a threat? Of course. Is it likely? Not at all, and Mr. Hawking should really be ashamed of such an elementary analysis of this subject.

No idea where you get these ideas from.

There is simply no reason at all to believe that aliens would be friendly. Most likely they will be dangerously indifferent to our existance. Do you assume that they want to come to earth and "help" us? Will this make them feel good about themselves?

Stephen Hawking is right. We should not be broadcasting our location out into the universe. Our saving grace of course is the vastness of the universe. Even if an alien species could create "wormholes" and jump about instantly, with the universes billions of galaxies, each with its own billions of stars, each of those stars with the possibility of having habitable planets, its makes looking for life well beyond the proverbial "needle in a haystack".

Aliens will never find us.

Or maybe as an above poster mentioned, they fled their homeland due to war. "Into the Void" my friends!

Sabbath ftw.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
reply to post by 11:11

Why would a society have to be peaceful and harmonious to be able to travel through space?

China wasn't harmonious for a few centuries and yet they created some of the greatest things ever invented during their times of constant war (like paper, written language, early versions of tanks, crossbows, list goes on and on)

Plus wouldn't it make more sense for a society constantly at war to send its own into space because of a lack of safety and resources on their home planet?

The Spanish sailed to South America and butchered the natives while at the time they had the Inquisition going on at home.

And Jepic......I would've said "Symptom Of The Universe" or "Planet Caravan" by Black Sabbath personally.

That is also a good choice. Both good songs.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tindalos2013
I consider this kind of thing unbalanced. Why not send out video clips of human war and conflicts or broadcasts of the grand deceptions and lies that goverments have formulated. Or simply a message stating 'The human race is not to be trusted. Make contact at your own risk.'

I believe the human race can be trusted. I believe we should have said: "The governments of the human race are not to be trusted, the people itself are to be trusted."

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

1 of 2 things could come from that. Either we would never make contact...
OR
We would make friends with some of the most bad @ss E.T.'s in the Universe.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by scapers2u

If there were aliens far advanced to us they would already know about our presence. IF they were a threat we would already be dead. To me the globalists are simply using scare tactics thinking we will get excited and tell them to do what ever they need to do. That to me is more scary than aliens. Just like I am more worried about these idiots having deadly germ warfare in their labs than deadly germs from comets. The NWO bunch has already announced that they plan to kill us all and have been caught putting poison in everything we eat drink and breathe. Apparently mankind is more prolific so now they have become more aggressive and began putting it in our vacinations and medicine. Why would they change their tactics of blame everyone and everything except themselves for the atrocities they commit. Now they are inventing the boggie man (aliens) did it. News for the Bilderburgs and their cronies you can't hide from yourself, keep deflecting the blame in your minds thinking you can hide from the guilt. You will be held accountable for your evil, for your actions, for your destruction. You can hide but you can't run you are bringing your destruction down upon you.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ventessa
reply to post by Jepic

1 of 2 things could come from that. Either we would never make contact...
OR
We would make friends with some of the most bad @ss E.T.'s in the Universe.

Sounds cool to me.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
If there were aliens far advanced to us they would already know about our presence.

Why do you believe this?

Do you realize that the observable universe has over 1 billion galaxies in it? Each one of these galaxies can have upward of 1 trillion suns. Each sun has the potential to have orbiting planets. Each of these planets has the potential to hold life.

Now some astronomers believe our observable universe to be less that 1% of what is really out there. Do the math. If an alien species could create a "wormhole" and jump instantly from one system to the next to look for us, it would take them billions of years to even begin to scratch the surface. They cant find us unless we have been seeded here.

Remember, the next galaxy to use is a million light years away. If they are looking for signals sent out and were in the CLOSEST galaxy to us, it would take million years for any signal we send out to reach them.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
We had an some object crash here in Peru a couple weeks back, people thought it was a UFO since the government was quick to say it was a falling meteor and no impact site was announced or photographed. People thought that the object moved way too slow for a falling meteor. We have had a lot of UFO sightings in Peru recently including at Machu Picchu: Here the video what do you think?

I also recently had a group of tourist hiking Marcahuasi on one of their Peru tour packages when they spotted about 3 ufos in formation overhead, they didn't move and after a while just shot up into space. weird stuff.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

noob yes one liner reply

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Karikuy

My dad saw one of those, except it wasnt so bright and red, he saw something fall out of the sky, leaving behind a fire trail, like that, but not so big. Then he said it stopped in mid air and floated there for a second, then it went behind a building. He couldnt see it after that.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
personally i adore both the beatles and sabbath but recognise them both as old irrelevant dinosaurs and would urge you to give the new Circle Takes the Square a listen instead.
but since this is not so much a music forum
as one about potential alien invasion,
how about less
dissing other people's musical taste
and more
figuring out what is going on in this crazy messed up world we all share
so that we can continue to diss each other's music on into the neverending night

edit; like that crazy peruvian thing! what's going down there?

edit on 11-9-2011 by decepticonLaura because: peruvian slow motion meteroites

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join