It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 9/11 'jumpers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Whilst I agree with you to an extent I have to say that if you watch the documentary about the falling man, you will see there that they find a family who they suspect was related to the falling man (later proved not to be their relative) but they refused to believe it was him because they were a deeply religious family, and their relative was deeply religious (catholic I think), and they believed that he would not have jumped due to those religious beliefs. They are actually on film denying that it is him, solely based on religious beliefs.

I'm not sure that they would have accepted him if he had been their relative.

I know that the title calls them 'jumpers' but it does state further into in the article that a lot of them fell or were pushed.

Anyway I'm not here to bash anyone's beliefs, I just thought that this was a heart-wrenching story, and sometimes in all the conspiracy talk, we forget that real people died that day, people with families who have to live the rest of their lives with what happened there.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorTom4754
reply to post by toothpastert

Have you seen how jet li and other martial artists climb up and down buildings?
2nd Line.
edit on 10-9-2011 by MajorTom4754 because: Added 2nd line.

Excellent! I think ill design a new safety poster to be placed in skyscrapers to prepare them in case a fire prevent.ts them from reaching an escape route... You've all heard of "1. Stop 2.Drop 3. And Roll", I presume? Thanks to majorbuttwipe here, we can now revolutionize this process as follows: 1. Stop 2. Study martial arts while at the same time physically conditioning your body for 5 to 10 years depending on the current state of your physique (a convenient chart will be displayed on the poster to help you decide the right number of years of intense training and conditioning necessary). 3. Do a flying backflip through the window, landing on the ledge of the window below, twisting your body halfway in mid-air, and then continue to cartwheel down the building, leaping, flipping, somersaulting this way and that to avoid any obstacles. Your dismount will be scored by a panel of 3 judges.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Eirian

I dont understand why people here actually think it was a choice they made consciously.
It was most likely a instict due to the extreme situation and panic in that moment. Who knows what pain these people were in that moment with flames, extreme heat, toxic fumes and so on.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Falling Man Shots Are Faked
(just like most 9/11 shots and most victims).
We have been, and continue to be, suckered!
Happy 10th anniversary!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I don't care what anybody says, these poor people were murdered; they did not commit suicide and they are not going to Hell. They did not reject God's gift of life at all. They knew their life was over no matter what, and simply chose the least horrific way to die. Suicide is a willful choice to reject the gift of life and these people had no choice. I'm sure they were welcomed into Heaven by Christ Himself with open arms as true martyrs.
edit on 9/10/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by toothpastert
heres a video of alot of people jumping quite sad to be put in that position jump or die from smoke/ burn to death

just image falling for 10 seconds watching the ground possible slowly coming at you wondering if it will hurt...

edit on 9/10/2011 by toothpastert because: (no reason given)

Argh you're like me... Putting yourself in the exact situation, experiencing it as much as we can in our own way, and feeling for a split second, perhaps, possibly, a hint of the absolute sheer bloody hooro those people must have felt.

I wish I didnt do it tbh, it can haunt you when you really don't need it.

God what a day this will be, I hope nothing does happen, and if it does have to, may it fail.

be safe

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Pointless thread, where's the coverage of this www.huffingtonpost.com... or the countless other operations that have involved this kind of thing? Amazing how the western media covers things here in the western world isn't it?

And if the U.S. military or any other western power carries on with this kind if thing, it's understandable why other countries get angry and fly planes into buildings. Hate breeds hate, sad but true.

Care to explain the value of life? Civilian, child, soldier or priest? Does video of someones death make it more valuable?
edit on 10-9-2011 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Eirian

Well MY god would take them for his own.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by MajorTom4754
It's a bit cowardly to kill yourself by jumping, afraid to burn or face pain.
Who is to say that splattering yourself all over the pavement you wont feel
even greater pain for dying that completely outdues the burning alive?

Doctors. Doctors say that.

*You shouldn't be calling those people cowards. It is a disgraceful and a shameful thing to do and I doubt you would do it in real life.

I'm glad he did edit, I saw a quoted reply and had to re read the thread, thinkign Id missed it.

Wouldnt have replied to most likely, but just wow...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
First of all I want to remind all the so called religious dorks out there that, forget or never learned a major point in the Bible, all men are sinners and fall short of the glory of God and even your most righteous acts are but filthy rags. So get a life and stop trying to remove the splinters from the eyes of these poor souls and instead remove the plank that protrudes from your own. I just don't get it, they say they are believers yet have no concept of what they are believing in...Read the book that you preach from.

And the point being...you shall be judged by the measure that you judge others...just saying think about it before pointing at shoes you have never walked in.

edit on 10-9-2011 by Andronian because: To finish the point. TY

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Eirian

i would like to say that the jumpers knew staying in the building meant death and possibly thought they might live if they jumped

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Did anyone stop to think that maybe some of these people were so scared of burning alive inside those buildings that they thought jumping might be their only chance at survival?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Did anyone stop to think that maybe some of these people were so scared of burning alive inside those buildings that they thought jumping might be their only chance at survival?

yeah..I think it probably crossed most of our minds.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I always, always *try* to understand those religious people - but honestly, again my anger (if not rage) comes up just by reading this.

So..let me get this straight, 200 people died this horrible, horrible death..and the so called "religious" people are trying to turn them into sinners?

It's outrageous and angering enough that in this thread now it looks like people need to "defend" those poor people who jumped/fell down the towers - need to explain that the people did in fact "not jump by choice" ("Oh, realllly????) ...but were pushed or simply couldn't stand the heat any longer etc. --> SICK

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
If your talking specifically about the"jumpers" at the World Trade Center Towers on 9/11 I have nothing but discust for you for asking such an thoughtless question. Unless you have been put in the position of "jumping" as you refer to it or standing still and burning alive and, during this experience, chose to stand your ground and burn to death (which if you had you wouldnt be here to pose this.) standing in judgement shows you as a misguided hipocrite! (In my not so humble opinon.)
What a hell of a thing, going to your job sitting at your cubicle and having to choose how your going to die before your lunch break!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
That is horrible,poor people . R.I.P

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I JUST watched "The Falling Man" on Youtube and then ATS posts about it as a hot Topic on Facebook. Now there's a conspiracy for you. Anyway, the documentary is very touching, at least from my point of view. I was especially taken back by the reporter talking about when he called the coroner's office for a count of how many people had jumped the coroner said no one had jumped when there was clear evidence people had. The whole documentary is in eight parts on YouTube if anyone wants to check it out.

edit on 11-9-2011 by forensicgeek because: Correcting a misspelling

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Anyone who thinks it would have been possible to even try to make it thru the fire is ridiculous. The heat would have burnt your lungs from the inside out not to mention the toxic smoke etc. I would have jumped too... And if God or anyone else thinks that I should have sat my butt down and wait to be burned alive is nuts and I wouldn't care to know them or be apart of their "heaven."

From what I understand that a fall from that height would most likely render you unconscious before you even hit the ground... If that's true then I don't think that sounds bad and even if you didn't pass out before you hit, it's not like you're going to really feel it anyway... It would be over so quick there wouldn't be any time for the pain to register.

I don't think those people were cowards at all. I think those who call them cowards should be ashamed of themselves. Who are you to pass judgement on them? Isn't that your God's job? Or is he outsourcing that responsibility these days?

Geez...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
This is very simple. Those people did not commit "suicide".

If I hand you a gun, then point another gun at you and tell you to shoot yourself or I'll shoot you the act of compliance is not suicide.

Any Preacher / Priest / etc who claims they committed suicide is basically saying they should have sat there and let themselves be burned to death. Would they have survived if they had not jumped?

No. Almost none of the people at those levels of the buildings survived. The ones who did were almost all actually already on the way down when the planes hit.

I personally know of only 1 person from above the point of impact who was there when the plane hit and managed to make it out of the building alive. I think there were 8-10 from one tower and a handful from another.

Defining this as suicide in this case is a technicality and a pretty weak one at that.

I think the article is BS. No educated Preacher would call that suicide.

It was an act caused by other people who effectively removed the ability to choose for those victims.

Funny though. Even the bible thumpers like to play arm chair quarterback.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I can't help but feel this threads opening post could have been far more sensitive to this topic. A few tactfully placed words wouldnt have gone amiss.

As far as I am aware, no suicides were recorded, except for those of the hijackers in the planes. It was all ruled Homicide, and rightly too.

These poor souls had no choice other than to jump,

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join