It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water Polo anyone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Is anyone here a big fan of water polo? I know that Europe has a couple leagues and I play for my school but is anyone really into it? Do people even know what it is lol? I find that most people dont anyways do tell lol

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
How do you play polo in the water?? Wouldnt horses drown?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
its a game well i find it hard to explain i know there should be a link to explain it out there some where. But it was made to be rugby in the water a British Swim Cluib wanted to have people show up at their swim meets so they payed a couple o guy's to play rugby in the water then it popular. Its an Olympic sport. Ill look for a link for you though.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Google to the rescue!!

Looks like soccer in the water. But i thought polo was that game on horses with the hockey sticks?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
yes it is i wish it wasnt called water polo I get guys asking me what kind o horse you riding on in the water. It is like a mix of most sports. The rules kinda resemble hockey bit and the positioning resembles basketball a bit. You have to play it to get it. You cant just watch a game lol.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I watched it during the olypics. Was entertaining...and couldn't believe the nastiness that went on...especially the women. Even a couple cases of having their swim suits ripped off each other. Nasty Nasty! ;-)

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
You've got to be in some damn good shape to play water polo....I've seen them play in the Olympics - I'd get tired after a quick swim to the other side of the pool

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
*image removed, per guidelines, below*

OWWWWWW!

[edit on 26-7-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
It is an awesome sport but I played for fun while doing swimming as one of my sporting criterias in school.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Water polo is a great sport... one of the toughest sports in the world.. I know you footballers willl bow up your chests and say it isnt.. but I dare you to give it a go... you wouldnt last 5 minutes... bunch of sissies

try this:

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

join