It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Parallel Earth On The Other Side Of The Sun?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

a parallel earth on the other side of the sun that revolves exactly opposite our earth on the same elliptical orbit
reply to post by blocula

The problem with the dream scenario of waking here and sleeping there dreaming of the opposite is what you stated in the quote above. "exactly opposite our earth on the same elliptical orbit". If the mirror image planet hidden behind the sun was traveling the same path as ours exactly, we would technically be awake and asleep at the same time on both sides. The theory would work better if it was still us and still earth but in a separate parallel dimension. Interesting post though.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MollyStewart

a parallel earth on the other side of the sun that revolves exactly opposite our earth on the same elliptical orbit
reply to post by blocula

The problem with the dream scenario of waking here and sleeping there dreaming of the opposite is what you stated in the quote above. "exactly opposite our earth on the same elliptical orbit". If the mirror image planet hidden behind the sun was traveling the same path as ours exactly, we would technically be awake and asleep at the same time on both sides. The theory would work better if it was still us and still earth but in a separate parallel dimension. Interesting post though.
hi..why do you think that we would we be awake and asleep at the same time? the two earths would both be revolving around the sun the same way,each planet being 93 million miles away from it and they would be 186 million miles away from eachother with the sun in the middle,but that does'nt mean the people,our parallel selves?, who inhabit these two worlds would be doing the same things simultaneously,both awake and both asleep at the same time...what i think would be really happening is,while i'm doing things here on this earth when i'm awake,is what i'm dreaming about there on the other earth when i'm asleep,at the same moment...and...what i'm doing on the other earth when i'm awake is what i'm dreaming about here on this earth when i'm awake,at the same moment...maybe this is what dreams really are? look at it this way,right now i am typing on my computer key pad and i'm looking up at the colored monitor screen.but maybe on this parallel earth there are no computer key pads or colored monitor screens and i am there "right now" dreaming about them and dont understand what they are and when i awaken there, i will tell people about the weird dream i had where i was pushing little square objects with my fingertips over and over and i kept looking up at a colored moving screen...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

hi..why do you think that we would we be awake and asleep at the same time?
reply to post by blocula

It is more of an assumption based on the parameters of your hypothesis. Mirror image Earth in same same universe, with the same elliptic orbit. If the mirror image earth is revolving around the sun on the same trajectory, with their moon also following the same orbit as ours would make night and day identical for them as us. Of course that does not necessarily mean that our doppelgängers will be asleep at the same time but the chances for it are pretty good especially as they are us and likely to follow similar habits. At least in a parallel universe, there would be perhaps a dimensional wall between us separating that particular universe's mechanics and therefore be more likely to house subtle differences. Just an opinion based on assumption, nothing more.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

hi..why do you think that we would we be awake and asleep at the same time?
reply to post by blocula

It is more of an assumption based on the parameters of your hypothesis. Mirror image Earth in same same universe, with the same elliptic orbit. If the mirror image earth is revolving around the sun on the same trajectory, with their moon also following the same orbit as ours would make night and day identical for them as us. Of course that does not necessarily mean that our doppelgängers will be asleep at the same time but the chances for it are pretty good especially as they are us and likely to follow similar habits. At least in a parallel universe, there would be perhaps a dimensional wall between us separating that particular universe's mechanics and therefore be more likely to house subtle differences. Just an opinion based on assumption, nothing more.
i'm no expert ,but i think that if the two earths were spinning in opposite directions,one clockwise and the other counter clockwise,it would solve the issue of it being night and day at the same time.then they would have opposite nights and days...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
First of all....we have had several probes in a position to see if there was anything in opposition to our orbit....secondly....if there were....we would have known about it far before we had space craft to see as the Gravitic Effect calculations are simple to determine this. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
First of all....we have had several probes in a position to see if there was anything in opposition to our orbit....secondly....if there were....we would have known about it far before we had space craft to see as the Gravitic Effect calculations are simple to determine this. Split Infinity
we have two choices...do tptb tell us the truth or do tptb not tell us the truth? my vote goes to, they don't tell us the truth.so if they detected another inhabitated world on the other side of the sun,"they" would not tell us about it because it might lessen their iron like control over us,if we found out that there were other beings out there,close by,who might be more powerful than tptb.we think and believe what tptb tell us and teach us to think and believe...anything else is ignored and ridiculed...
edit on 13-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Yeah, but whether TPTB lie to us or not, it's been shown that there isn't a planet opposite us or we'd know, Did you yourself have say that this is a hypothetical, a sort of 'what if' thought experiment?

We'd see the planet occasionally due to Keplers laws, and how the sun isn't in the center of earths orbit, as per...
www.universetoday.com...
...and TPTB couldn't stop every amateur astronomer in the world from revealing the planet.

We'd pick up their radio broadcasts, we could go down the "what if they're tech isn't like ours?" route but in my dreams people have TV, radio etc and these signals would be blast out into space like ours do.

The syncronisation of the sleep cycle is also a problem, there'd be no reason for 'us' to fall asleep exactly as 'they' wake up and vice-versa, if fact that'd be quite unworkable.

This is a nice thought experiement, I agree with dreams being representations of 'somewhere else' sometimes and that there could be 'other us' somewhere, but I don't think this requires a planet opposite us in orbit where another me suddenly collapses down asleep on the spot, no matter what they're doing at the time, when I wake up.

Still though, nice thread.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
its been shown by whom? that there could'nt be another planet,tptb,thats who and even our sun is thought to have a companion star orbiting around it and the people here on earth and us there on the other earth might be "psychic off shoots" or our selves,actually halfs of the same whole being and maybe this other planet is heaven, because our earth sure looks like hell, then tptb would never, ever tell us about it,thats for damn sure!..just like i think there might be a companion earth,heres a link that explains evidence that there might be a companion star to our sun > www.spacedaily.com...
edit on 14-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Hi again, there could be such things as other us but why specifically do you put them on a planet opposite us? Tptb would not be able to mask the other earths radio and tv leakage, and as both planets orbited then theirs would occasionally pop out from behind the sun and be seen by our solar obvservatory sattelites as the sun is not in the dead center of our orbit.

You havent said where you got this idea from and I would be interested to know out of curiosity.
I know you're saying "its not impossible so it could be true" but I really would like to know why you think this planet is there.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Try another alternate universe opposite ours with an parallel earth just like ours. Exactly the same.

edit on 14-9-2011 by favouriteslave because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

i'm no expert ,but i think that if the two earths were spinning in opposite directions,one clockwise and the other counter clockwise,it would solve the issue of it being night and day at the same time.then they would have opposite nights and days...

Yup, the thought had crossed my mind but if one is spinning counter clockwise then surely it's orbit would also be counter clockwise and we would just crash into each other. LOL I mean if it's the exact opposite....it just doesn't work. It must follow the same laws of physics and principals if it's the same universe. As above, so below. Mirror image, opposite in all ways not just the ones that fit your theory.
Again, just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasteel
reply to post by blocula

Hi again, there could be such things as other us but why specifically do you put them on a planet opposite us? Tptb would not be able to mask the other earths radio and tv leakage, and as both planets orbited then theirs would occasionally pop out from behind the sun and be seen by our solar obvservatory sattelites as the sun is not in the dead center of our orbit.

You havent said where you got this idea from and I would be interested to know out of curiosity.
I know you're saying "its not impossible so it could be true" but I really would like to know why you think this planet is there.
i just thought that it was a very interesting hypothetical theory that came to me one night in a lucid dream. where i saw the night sky open up and turn blue and there was a feeling within me that said this parallel earth is actually out there and perhaps they don't have tv's and radio's there and venus uranus and pluto rotate in the opposite direction from all the other planets...why?...how? that kinda throws out the theory of how the solar system was formed,does'nt it?
edit on 14-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by Mogget
try finding any information about how much the earths gravity effects the sun...i .
edit on 11-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

There is a fundamental fail here. Gravity is a force that acts on 2 bodies. It's not a matter of one body influencing another. The sun's mass contributes to the force and the earth's mass likewise contributes to the force. Let's try an anology I use in my freshman physics lectures. Think of gravity as the force exerted by a rubber band that you stretch with 2 hands. Of course it really isn't like that since the farther away your hands are the more the band is stretched and the higher the force it exerts. The force of gravity decreases with distance, by the square of the distance. To that extent, the rubber band is more like the strong nuclear force which increases with distance.
Anyway, the pull on your hands from the rubber band is equal. The force of earth-sol gravity on the sun is the same as that force on the earth. It's just that the sun is so much more massive, that force is not big enough to do much work on the sun.
Another big fail is the statements made by other posters that if the 2 objects are at sufficiently large distances, that the force of gravity disappears. It doesn't. It lessens by a inverse square function, so that it asymptotically approaches zero but never gets there. An object at a Lagrangian saddle point as posited in the OP is so unstable that even a tiny perturbation sends it sliding into instability.There are closed mathematical solutions to two body and "restricted" three body problems, but anything more than that and you end up with chaotic results.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

reply to post by blocula

Yup, the thought had crossed my mind but if one is spinning counter clockwise then surely it's orbit would also be counter clockwise and we would just crash into each other. LOL I mean if it's the exact opposite....it just doesn't work. It must follow the same laws of physics and principals if it's the same universe. As above, so below. Mirror image, opposite in all ways not just the ones that fit your theory.
Again, just my opinion.
no i dont mean orbiting the sun in opposite directions but "rotating" in opposite directions.the earth spins,turns in a circle,around itself one way and the parallel earth rotates the other way.then they would have alternate nights and days.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

You forget one thing. The U.S.S Enterprise sling-shotted around the Sun several times to go back in time. If there were another earth like planet on the other side, they would have told us :-)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

no i dont mean orbiting the sun in opposite directions but "rotating" in opposite directions.the earth spins,turns in a circle,around itself one way and the parallel earth rotates the other way.then they would have alternate nights and days.
reply to post by blocula

Actually it would not work. Unfortunately, the earth, even an opposite one can not spin on it's axis in one direction and revolve around the sun in the other direction which is what you are proposing. It's basic physics really. I get what you are saying but the hypothetical could not be supported. Look at a picture of the earth's trajectory around the sun. It spins the same direction it travels. So either opposite earth must follow the same path and direction or go the opposite way which would pretty much wipe both planets out. I'm not quite sure you follow. The only way something like this would be even a possibility is if it were an Earth in a parallel dimension.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
You do realize elliptical does not mean a perfect circle We orbit in an oval, and the sun is not at the exact center. So even if it was opposite us we would both be on the same side of the sun for a period and it would be visible. Not to mention the gravitational effects. Sorry...

Edit:

Alternate days and nights?!? If we rotated the opposite direction all that would change is the sun rises in the west and sets in the East. It wouldn't flip day and night. Unless were going ro go with the side facing the sun is in darkness...

edit on 16-9-2011 by b309302 because: add

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

reply to post by blocula

Actually it would not work. Unfortunately, the earth, even an opposite one can not spin on it's axis in one direction and revolve around the sun in the other direction which is what you are proposing. It's basic physics really. I get what you are saying but the hypothetical could not be supported. Look at a picture of the earth's trajectory around the sun. It spins the same direction it travels. So either opposite earth must follow the same path and direction or go the opposite way which would pretty much wipe both planets out. I'm not quite sure you follow. The only way something like this would be even a possibility is if it were an Earth in a parallel dimension.
yes they could, because 3 of the planets in our solar system actually do revolve around the sun in the opposite directions from all the others. venus,uranus and pluto.which kind of crushes the proposed solar system formation theory and if the earth rotates one way and we have this or that day and night sequence,its only logical that if the parallel earth rotated "around itself" in the opposite direction from us,then they would have opposing nights and days.
edit on 16-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Not necessarily, the two planets could be rotating the same way and have opposing days / nights, also they could be rotating in opposite directions and have opposite days / nights, it just depends what exact orientation they are in,

For example, picture the Sun and Earth from above (as in looking down onto Earths north pole) imagine England :-) is facing the Sun, if the opposite earth were aligned exactly the same way then its England would be in darkness, imagine the two planets spinning the same way on their axes and you'll see that the day / nights would be opposite for the same country...i *think* :-)

Having said that, I don't think it's possible that this planet is there, there are a number of points that have been brought up, so in the interest of debate...

1, The Earths orbit is elliptical and the sun isn't at the center of it, the other Earth could not remain behind the Sun permanently because of this, due to Keplers laws, which seem to apply to every other planet.

2, Why would only Earth have a double, why not other planets?

3, If our dreams are really what happens there, then since in my dreams I see TV and radio sometimes it means that they have them, we would pick up the transmissions.

4, Having exactly syncronised sleep / awake cycles doesn't work. what if my other self if driving when I wake up? does he fall asleep at the wheel and die? how often do you see people just drop down asleep on the spot as their other self wakes up? which is what would happen according to the hypothetical theory put forward.

Again, that's not to say I don't think that there could exist other selves of us in some way somewhere, just not on another planet in this exact physical plane (if that's the correct term) hidden behind the Sun, in our orbit.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

yes they could, because 3 of the planets in our solar system actually do revolve around the sun in the opposite directions from all the others. venus,uranus and pluto.which kind of crushes the proposed solar system formation theory and if the earth rotates one way and we have this or that day and night sequence,its only logical that if the parallel earth rotated "around itself" in the opposite direction from us,then they would have opposing nights and days.
reply to post by blocula

My point was not that the Earth could not spin clockwise on it's axis, even a mirror image Earth on the opposite side of the Sun. It was that if the mirror image Earth did have a retrograde rotation then physics dictates that it's orbit must be clockwise as it is a mirror image of Earth not Venus, Uranus or Pluto. Ours is anticlockwise, as is our moon as is our orbit. The problem is that you cannot pick and choose which opposites to apply to a mirror image, they are pretty stock standard and unchangeable.
This again is just my opinion based on the parameters of your theory. Understand that I am not trying to upset you, it's just that while the question is a good one, the theory is not sound.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join